Twin stroller love? Need reviews please - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 08-16-2010, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just got the city mini double two weeks ago for the same reasons RSG posted above. I keep a BOB double in the garage for walks and the city mini in my trunk. I am SO MUCH happier not having to lift those car seats out to use the stupid snap n go, and not having to struggle with getting the BOB in and out of my trunk! I can honestly say that buying this stroller has changed my life... for several weeks I had been DREADING going places in the car because my back has been killing me. And the boys seem really comfortable in it and it's super light and easy to fold. I can steer it with one hand (which I could not do with the snap n go) and it fits through doorways easily. I can't say enough good things about it!!!

Leah mom to Delilah 9/00, angel Stephen lost 5/25/09 at 40 weeks, and twins Gus and Cash 1/10

Expecting a miracle January 2012

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 36 Old 08-16-2010, 09:56 PM

So, we broke down and bought the city select. Its nice, but I'm not in love . Can't believe I'm saying that after spending that kind of money. Trouble wth it is that most of the seating options don't allow much recline except them both facing backward. WHen facing each other half the basket is blocked. It manouvers decently, but honestly it isn't that much easier than a Graco Duoglider for steering. Nothing compared to a SBS. The city mini might have been a better bet for the long term since we'll mostly be using the select for indoors, sidewalks, etc. We have a Chariot for the rougher terrain.

All in all . . . it's a nice stroller but if I could do it again I might choose differently. Don't tell my DH I said that

Amy
mama to big brother Mason (Jan '05) and the littles, Adam and Holden (May '10)
#33 of 36 Old 08-17-2010, 06:57 AM

How's the recline if they are both facing towards you? How does the fitvand quality feel in your hands?

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#34 of 36 Old 08-17-2010, 11:41 AM

The recline when facing toward you is full - it is the one position that it works well. They aren't laying flat like in, say, a MBUD, but more like in an infant carseat propped up to a reclined position if that makes sense.

The quality is good, I think, and the break is super cool (done with hand rather than foot). The basket is nice, although size depends on seat position, and it folds down amazingly well. I guess it depends on what you compare it with. Quality when compared to my Chariot isn't even a contest, Chariot wins hands down. Compared to my MBUD I would say the MBUD wins by a wee bit. Compared to other stadium style strollers - I would say this one is better, and I like the seat positions better than phil and teds for sure. Does that help? I guess it depends on which features are most important to you.

Amy
mama to big brother Mason (Jan '05) and the littles, Adam and Holden (May '10)
#35 of 36 Old 08-23-2010, 10:03 PM

Y'all are going to just drop over.
LOOK AT THIS STROLLER.....better than City Select.
http://www.icandyworld.com/us/en/products/pear_stroller
#36 of 36 Old 09-02-2010, 12:18 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page