Do twins develop faster? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-14-2010, 02:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't believe how fast my little guys are growing and developing! The boys just hit 7 months last week (born at 40 weeks). People kept commenting on how alert and happy they are, and how unusual it was that one of them was crawling already. Then my determined one decides to pull up to standing. Now, his mellower brother is doing downward facing dog and trying to stand, too. My mother thinks at least one of them will be walking by the time they're 8 months old.

My question is, did you find that your twins developed faster than singletons? I wonder if that extra-rich uterine environment stimulates development. Being kicked in the head for 9 months would encourage me to learn to control my body as soon as possible.
#2 of 3 Old 07-14-2010, 09:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ours hit physical milestones the same as their older siblings (i.e. they all walked right before their 1st bday), but I do think that the twins talk way more completely than did my others. They seem to have more refined communication abilities then my olders did. Maybe it is all the constant chatting with one another, maybe they just were made that way. Who knows?

mother to girl (8), boy (7), girl (5) and twin boys (12/07) and a little boy due Feb 5!!
#3 of 3 Old 07-14-2010, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
That's what I've heard too. Some twins have precocious language and social skills. But your physically early learners? I think that's just your little guys doing their thing.

Sounds like they're doing really well!

Mom to : Belle and Izzy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page