i thought i would join you all even though we are near the end of the pregnancy

Name? Susan

You and maybe your partners age at the birth? 37 and 42

Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? fraternal
What number of kids will is be for you? #2 and #3

Genders? 2 girls

EDD and or planned birth timing? ctober 11th
State you live in? illinois

Anything else you want to share? just really big, we are at 36 weeks, i am 6 cm dilated and wondering when my girls will be born and whether we will be able to have a vaginal birth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2010, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome everyone joining in!!!

Position questions... my little guy flips all over the place. My girl is head down and engaged and she has been since 16 weeks, so she's not going anywhere with her brother holding her down there.

I'm 26.5 weeks now so getting there. Its amazing how different a twin pregnancy is from a singleton.

Anyone else planning a homebirth? I cannot remember? We are planning a homebirth but are also seeing OB's in case anything changes.

Mama to a zoo!
Old 09-15-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnquia View Post
Welcome everyone joining in!!!

Position questions... my little guy flips all over the place. My girl is head down and engaged and she has been since 16 weeks, so she's not going anywhere with her brother holding her down there.

I'm 26.5 weeks now so getting there. Its amazing how different a twin pregnancy is from a singleton.

Anyone else planning a homebirth? I cannot remember? We are planning a homebirth but are also seeing OB's in case anything changes.
i am doing the same. it took me awhile to arrive at the home birth conclusion...though ive had two in the past and always planned to have more should we have more children...the twin thing kind of startled me at first, but i think home birth is the best option for a healthy pregnancy...and so far, we're healthy!

i think the only factors that would rule out a home birth for me would be:

breech baby a, even though i know its been done...i would more than likely at least attempt a vaginal delivery in hospital first. - or other malpresentation, like transverse...

placenta previa

labor before 37 wks.

i am also a vbac mom, my c section was in 1996...

becky.
mama to m (3/96), o (8/07), p (5/09) and our twins: r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) 

Old 09-15-2010, 02:21 PM

I'm 35 weeks!!

For me this pregnancy is FLYING!!! I have stopped working so now it is just nesting/getting ready. I'm really happy to have made it to this point with minimal complications. My BP is starting to climb a little bit. They are watching me closer now but it isn't really THAT high... highest has been 140/90. I started at 120's/80. In my gut I feel like it is just bc I am HUGE and pregnant with twins... not because anything bad is going on. I do not have protein in my urine, my labs are normal... babies are growing great. Their last scan they were 5lbs 8 oz and 5 lbs 4 oz.

At my last appt. (Monday), my OB said he's hoping for two more weeks. I said oh, Im hoping for at least three more. He laughed. Im working with a MW and an OB and so I will need to talk to the MW about the whole two week comment. My body is not yet ready for labor.... I feel some pressure but I know A isnt really engaged yet. I get some contractions, but I just know they need more time. I also dont feel done yet.

I dont know - I do like my OB and he's a great doc and very supportive of natural birth and he hasnt out right said he'd induce, but I dont feel like I will if it is just based on a slightly higher BP.

Im just trying to be positive and trust in my babies and my body. I feel like weve gotten to this point, we can do it.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

I'm looking more and more at a home birth, a few factors that will influence it:

Where we find a home, we are currently in temp housing and looking. So depending on what the logistics of a transfer look like ( a few places we have looked at are within a mile to our military hospital!) i want to keep in mind that this is a traffic city and January is a strange month.

How my meeting with the midwife goes, my quick phone call with her did not give me a lot of confidence in her, so I'm hoping it was just a bad day and a in person meeting will go way better. I feel like having tons of comfort and confidence in my midwife is a huge must, for me and for my dh who is more than a bit worried about a home birth.

How my first appointments at my new medical center go. They do have midwife teams and some folks talk well about the place, but it is still the military and still I high risk nicu location.

And of course stuff with me, like position and timing, so far on that front I have ne er been better, im finally getting big and finally just starting to feel what I think is the babies wiggle around. On the u/s 3 weeks ago they were both head down, but I'm thinking the boy ( seemingly headed to be baby b now and at birth) moves a lot.
My blood pressure has been amazing and I'm focused on that staying that way. And blood sugar wise, I'm going OT ask for a glucose meter and start daily tracking and getting reallly laser focused on diet and thinking i'm not going to let them make me miserable with a OGTT.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Old 09-15-2010, 10:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm 28 weeks and I actually cried, because for some reason I thought I was 30.

I'm not having a homebirth. I'll come right out and say, I had a homebirth last time and frankly, it wasn't that great. Perhaps under different circumstances things would be better, but given my choices, I'm going with a hospital birth that will hopefully be with a midwife I trust. Plus DH isn't comfortable with a homebirth.

I am ridiculously nervous about my appointment tomorrow. I have an ultrasound and am worried about how the babies are doing. I've had a ton of stress in my life lately, and I keep thinking it can't be good for the wee ones.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Old 09-16-2010, 03:00 PM

17 weeks here and doing great. Feel great, busy nesting. Suffering from some hormonal surges the last week though. Crying at everything and feeling clingy to DH. Also having a hard time adjusting to my twin body. My belly is really big. Its the size it was with 9 months preggo with my other children. I have not gained weight anywhere else, just the belly. I have already gained 30 pounds!!!!!! I weigh 177 now. UGH. But my weight gain is slowing down over the last weeks to just 1-2 pounds a week now. I had a u/s last week but thing 1 was sitting on its butt and thing 2 had the cord between its legs so we still do not know what we are having! I go for more tests(UGH)oct 4th so I will have another u/s maybe they will at least reveal themselves.lol
MY appetite has slowed down, not eating near as much and not sick anymore either. Still suffering from horrible constipation and insomnia. Vivid dreams. HUGE libido. Round ligament pain. Thats about it. MY babies are moving alot. Thing 1 i feel more because the placenta is posterior, thing 2s placenta is anterior. I have been shopping at yard sales every saturday getting things for the babies. I had some maternity clothes donated to me yesterday so grateful for that. Wearing granny panties now too.lol

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

Old 09-16-2010, 03:20 PM

Strong Mama, enjoy it! The second trimester feel-good period definitely doesn't last as long in a twin pregnancy, at least in my limited experience.

My appointment was awesome, despite all my worrying. Last time, the boy was a definite. The second baby, she thought was a girl but wasn't sure. Today neither baby was shy-- definitely one boy and one girl. So, Mary Beatrice (Molly) and Matthew Gideon. And both babies are doing awesomely well. I'm 28 weeks and the both weigh about 2 1/2 pounds and are measuring within one day of each other. Fluid's good, placenta is good, everything is good.

All my blood work is good, although my iron is a little low. I promised to start my prenatals again and am going to suck it up and take Floradix. I'm also going to try a calcium/magnesium supplement and have a new presecription for Zofran because the nausea is back.

At 28 weeks, I am measuring 39 weeks. But everything looks great-- blood pressure, weight gain, everything. I was so worried for nothing! They said "Whatever you're doing, keep it up!" and I said "Well, I'm not doing much." And they said "Good!" I told them that I couldn't walk by the end of the day and they said that was God's way of telling me to stay off my feet. So, I'm on the every two week rotation now.

Oh, this was funny-- it was a new midwife and a student nurse, so they brought it two dopplers to listen to both babies at once. The babies were not amused.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Old 09-20-2010, 09:35 PM

Well after my whiney thread a couple weeks back about feeling awful/stomach issues/etc... this week I've felt great! Dh even commented that I seemed much more "spry"-- and while that's the last word I'd use to describe this mama at 30 weeks, I do feel 110% better

It's such a psychological game isn't it? When I feel lousy, I can't help wondering if I'll have to endure weeks and weeks without improvement. Fortunately our bodies really do seem to adapt!

My checkup last Thurs went great. BP still normal, babies growing well, both right around 3 lbs, cervix long. My iron came back borderline low but my dr says its actually really pretty good for twins. She advised me to just try to increase it through diet for now. My vitamins are still making me feel sick (especially the fish oil, OMG...) so I was glad she didn't ask me to add another.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

hi ladies, just checking in, i have updated the thread, let me know if any info needs updating on your listing on page one.

we are close to finding a place to live here in DC, bot thats been hard.
i feel the babies move all the time now and its soo fun, its strange how they went from totally stealth to all wriggly in just a matter of days.

i go in for a intake class and L&D tour as well as my first appointment at the new military hospital here on Tues. they did at least place me so far with the midwife team so i am crossing my figured that i might find that i like the place and persons. i am also getting an appointment for the home birth midwife in the area that takes twins to feel her out.
i have been feeling pretty great only small struggles have been with swelling feet, which thankfully is always solved by a good nights sleep and mostly avoided with increasing my water and mild compression socks (boy aren't these the greatest things ever made?!) and some very slight SPD pain in the front, which seems to be taken care of by slight changes to my sleep position and a bit more care about how i move around during the day.

im very large, not sure how i really compare to singletons as this is my firt and im not around a lot of other preggo ladies. i certainly hvent had folks comment on me being big or thinking on due soon, so i guess im not that big!
in general i feel great.
my libido is still nearly out of control and thankfully that is still a completely wonderful side effect in every way

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Old 09-27-2010, 11:57 AM

Well 19 weeks this week and ugh. Back to feeling like crap. MY RLP is out of control. If I sit or stand forso long, I get it. If I roll over wrong, I get it. It never ends. Also, the backache is starting up already. No problems with heartburn that much. My libido is so high, too, but I cant do anything about it, because I am hurting so much in my sides from RLP, I cant move to DTD.
I am also very hot most of the time. I get huge hot flashes if the temp is higher than 75 and feel sick like I am going to puke and or pass out. B/p is still holding at 90/55 so low. No swelling going on yet, so far. Scored a lot of maternity clothes this weekend at yard sales. Tried them on, they will fit me for about oh another few weeks. Other than that, hanging in there....waiting for next monday, when I get to see the babies again on u/s and hopefully see the sexes!!

Old 09-27-2010, 01:42 PM

well, 17wks here and currently freaking OUT about how much weight ive gained...as of the scale this morning, ive put on 18lbs!! thats just so much.

i have been eating more...but not all the time...and maybe ive been using more butter than usual...heh.

the one thing ive definitely stopped doing is regular exercise...i need to get back into a gym routine now that im no longer feeling nauseous all the time...i still get pretty tired, but its manageable and i could stand to do an hour walk here and there. its still way too hot where i live to do this outside pushing a double stroller up all the hills around here.

becky.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:16 PM

ladydodson.YOURE freaking out??? I have gained 35 pounds already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about a freak out!! I am HUGE and miserable already!!
But on the plus side,OB says that babes should be between 5-6 pounds at birth, judging by my weight gain......

Old 09-27-2010, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

i haven't been weighed since 18 weeks, since i packed up my scale and started this move across the country, but up till that point i was nearly perfectly on track for a pound a week, so 18 at 17 sound just great.

it will be interesting to see what comes of an appointment tomorrow and my grown in size and weight, i have so little to compare it to. of course the scales there never tell the same story as the way i do it first thing in the morning after bathroom and before too much food.
not that it matter a lot one way or the other, but i like the consistency my home weighing gives me to track the change.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:13 AM

Hi all, am posting this here, not sure if it is the right place, but want to say hi and to join you all

Name? (if you feel like it) Linda
You and maybe your partners age at the birth?
Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? unknown
What number of kids will is be for you? number 3 and 4
Genders? Will you be finding out? finding out at birth, think boy/girl though
EDD and or planned birth timing? December, sometime before xmas
State you live in? NSW, Australia
Anything else you want to share? having an unassisted pregnancy and also planing an UC
Old 09-28-2010, 04:22 PM

Hiya!

I'm due with mono/di mid-november. Hi, all!

Carolyn

Mom to Liam 9/06, spirit baby 3/09, and identical twins Mateo and Sebastian 10/11namaste.gif

Old 10-04-2010, 05:40 PM

What a fabulous thread! Thanks Adorkable So happy to hear you're doing well! I just discovered this entire forum as a matter of fact, don't know where I've been

I'm currently 13 weeks 3 days

Name? Nanette
You and maybe your partners age at the birth? I'm 30, and he will be 32
Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? DI DI
What number of kids will is be for you? 2 AND 3
Genders? Will you be finding out? Yes!
EDD and or planned birth timing? April 8, 2011
State you live in? FL
Anything else you want to share? Really depressed I can't have a perfect h/b like I imagined, because FL is one of the most bass ackwards states in the nation. I'm having to transfer to a CNM (which will likely be more like a nurse than a m/w, so I know arguments will be forthcoming) Urgh. Just the thought of a hospital birth has been stressing me out, gonna labor as long as possible at home, and hope they just "pop out" before I get to the hospital

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
Old 10-10-2010, 02:41 AM - Thread Starter

welcome to the new ladies!!!!

will update the front page soon.

as for me, i met the folks at the military hospital in my new town and they suck
so i went and met the home birth midwife (that also has privileges at one, no where near me, hospital) and i like her and her team so far and that is a relief.

so i have some pretty big decisions to make about what route i will take and a lot of talking to my DH as to his feelings and worries.

meenwhile my belly just keeps growing and Wed is another big scan, they are redoing my anatomy scan scan the other records never made it over and it was "too early"
im letting them because i felt like the first lady rushed thru things way too fast and never measured most things i hear are normally measured in this scan. (organs and such)
the next day i go back to the midwife for my first private full appointment with her and we will have a lot to talk about as i decide what the the best path for my babies births.

all this time i have still been living in a long stay hotel and looking for a house to rent every day, im so sick of this living out of a box and not knowing where i'll be next week. i just want to nest and enjoy this wonderful pregnancy, it really is going so well and i feel like im missing it.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:17 PM

just got back from the anatomy scan and i'll get the full details soon...but as for the twins' sexes, we've been informed that we're expecting our 3rd and 4th DAUGHTERS...wow.

i have to say i was surprised since i was convinced they were one of each...and then a little sad for my son since he wont be getting a brother (even though hubs and i both thought separately that we could 'try for a boy'...though that is just crazytalk)...

but as surprise/shock has worn away...im feeling pretty amazed that there are two more little girls coming to live with us.

they were measuring:

a: 18w5d
b: 19w3d

im 19w1d today so that is good!

becky.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:34 PM

i can't believe i am still pregnant!!! due date is 10-18.

amazingly i feel okay. i really, really want to meet my babies though. i def feel ready for this next step.

babies are measuring 6 1/2 lbs each... moving like crazy. both are head down.

cervix at the last check was 2-3/80% so hopefully something will start up soon.

my mw/ob will probably start talking induction at the due date... though they will try stretch/sweep, castor oil before pit so that makes me feel better.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:31 PM

Name?
Jamie

You and maybe your partners age at the birth?
I am 21 and he's 27. We always celebrate our birthdays together, because they are two days apart in February.

Are the babies Mono or Di?
Monochorionic, diamniotic.

What number of kids will is be for you?
#1 and #2!

Genders? Will you be finding out?
Both girls! We weren't going to find out at first, but we wanted to know once we found out we were having twins!

EDD and or planned birth timing?
Their EDD is January 1st, but I'm thinking (and hoping) they'll come before Christmas. I already have a brother born on January 1st, and I have twin brothers born on December 24th. Not to mention my dad on December 28th and my oldest brother on January 10th. XD

State you live in?
North Dakota.

Anything else you want to share?
Planning UC!!
Old 10-21-2010, 02:47 PM

Name? (if you feel like it)
You and maybe your partners age at the birth? I'm 33 and dh will be 35
Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? Di/Di (yeah!!)
What number of kids will is be for you? 7 and 8
Genders? Will you be finding out? Chose not to find out at this time. Two girls would tie up the gender numbers nicely. LOL
EDD and or planned birth timing? March 14
State you live in? Upper Midwest
Anything else you want to share? My mom is a fraternal twin, and never ceases to remind me that I've wanted twins since I was 5. After 6 pregnancies, I guess we finally got them.

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

User Tag List