•Pregnant With Multiples • August/September Chat• - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 52 Old 08-07-2010, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pregnant with Multiples Chat
August / September!

Here is list of all our growing and born multiples, and of course we invite all the BTDT moms to chime in whenever they fell like being helpful!
Most of us chat in our various DDCs, but this thread gives a chance to band together in the special ins and outs of growing more than one!

Anyway, please add yourself or update things as you know them.

Let us know any of the following and more, welcome!!

Name? (if you feel like it)
You and maybe your partners age at the birth?
Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both?
What number of kids will is be for you?
Genders? Will you be finding out?
EDD and or planned birth timing?
State you live in?
Anything else you want to share?

Pregnant Multiple Mommies!

Born!

Queenofchaos Babies Born 7/2/10 ... 7th & 8th Children
BirthStory: Our two peas in a pod!

Growing...

September
Chabela_t Isabel EDD 9/2 ... 2nd & 3rd Children
Di/Di ... Age at birth 27, DH 34 ... Location FL

October
susan13 EDD 10/11 ... 2nd & 3rd Children
Di/Di ... Age at birth 37, DH 42 ... Location IL

mauri456 Sara EDD 10/18 ... 2nd & 3rd Children & keeping it that way
Di/Di probably, with possible fused placenta ... Location VA

medicinemansgirl EDD 10/28 ... 9th & 10th Children
Di/Di, her second set!

lindsay t EDD 10/29 ... 2nd & 3rd ... & keeping it that way
Di/Di ... Age at birth 32, 38 ... Location OH

November
SashaBreeze Sasha EDD 11/17 ... 6th & 7th Children
Age at birth 32

butterflies Amy EDD 11/27 ... 3rd & 4th Children
Mo/Di

KellyTTC#1 Kelly EDD 11/30 ... 1st & 2nd children
Di/Di ... Age at birth 33, DH 40 ... Location Ontario, Canada

December
annettemarie Annette EDD 12/6 ... 5th & 6th Children
Di/Di ... Age 38 at birth ... Location PA

aurinia Allison EDD 12/15 ... 3rd & 4th Children personally 1st & 2nd with DH
Age at birth 34 ... Location NY

turnquia Amanda EDD 12/17 ... 3rd & 4th Children
Di/Di ... Age at birth 25, DH 26

rachel7628 EDD 12/31 ... 2nd & 3rd Children
Di/Di ... Age at birth 35, DH 32 ... Location UT

January
NP2B Rikki EDD 1/?? ... 2nd & 3rd Children

Marisgirl EDD 1/6/11 ... 3rd & 4th Children

•Adorkable• EDD 1/24/11 ... 1st & 2nd Children
Di/Di ... Age at birth 36, DH 40

February
abeecharmer Sarah & Pregnant Partner EDD 2/4/11 2nd & 3rd Children

Coco99 & Pregnant Partner EDD 2/14/11 ... 1st & 2nd Children
Di/Di Possibly MZ? time will tell ... Age at birth 34 & 33

Chula13 Delma EDD 2/14/11 ... 3rd & 4th Children (5th&6th for DH)
Age at Birth 31, DH 40 ... Location NV

Strong Mama EDD 2/??/11 ... 3rd & 4th Children
Age at Birth 35?

March
ladydodson Becky EDD 3/7/11 ... 4th & 5th Children
Di/Di ... Age at Birth 35, DH 34 ... Location CA

April
elf EDD 4/?? ... 2nd & 3rd Children
Di/Di ... Age at birth ??

babygrey EDD 4/15/11 ... 3rd & 4th Children
Di/Di ... Age at birth 30, DH 30 ... Location UT

Liora EDD 4/19/11 ... 2nd & 3rd Children
Di/Di ... Age at birth 35, DH 36 ... Location OH

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#2 of 52 Old 08-07-2010, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome to august ladies, if I have missed adding anyone or there is any updates to your info, please let me know, happy to add them!

I'm doing good, my belly is finally popping put and that makes me happy!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#3 of 52 Old 08-07-2010, 09:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Signing up. I didn't even realize it was a monthly thing, LOL!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#4 of 52 Old 08-08-2010, 01:10 AM

Wow! There is only one lady ahead of me on the due dates!

I am 30 weeks on Monday which is crazy. A coworker of mine said today, you could have your babies in five weeks and they may be able to go straight home with you. That just was mind boggling to hear!!

I am hanging in there. I feel big but know I'm going to very soon experience a whole new big!! I'm still working and living life normally which I am quite grateful for!!

Babies are growing well...last week were 3 lbs 6 oz and 3 lbs 3 oz on a growth scan
#5 of 52 Old 08-08-2010, 01:34 AM - Thread Starter

it didn't really need to be a monthly thing but i thought some folks get lost in the very long threads, so this gives a chance to all check in again. the passing of months seems so poignant in pregnancy

#6 of 52 Old 08-08-2010, 08:20 AM

Subbing in over here Not a whole lot going on here.

Mama to a zoo!
#7 of 52 Old 08-08-2010, 10:01 PM

I don't know for sure yet but I want to be prepared if that's a possibility.

Mother to  Joaquin 10-13-00ribboncesarean.gif , Israel 9-5-2008 hbac.gif Judah 01-26-11hbac.gif Jax 01-26-11ribboncesarean.gif
#8 of 52 Old 08-09-2010, 12:08 PM

Can you update mine that we're having two boys (di-di)? Thanks!

Hope everyone is doing well...nothing new to report here. Had a little bit of a growth spurt and am feeling the babies constantly now, but still don't feel too huge yet. Its coming, I know. LOL

Newly single mama to Squidget hearts.gif, Roo energy.gifand the newest two babyboy.gif  babyboy.gif  11/24/10
caffix.gif  treehugger.gif  fambedsingle2.gif   chicken3.gif
#9 of 52 Old 08-09-2010, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula13 View Post
I don't know for sure yet but I want to be prepared if that's a possibility.
About the monochorion, I'm don't know a lot of details, but I would think that if there was a strong reason ageist homebirth it would be about the shared placenta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurinia View Post
Can you update mine that we're having two boys (di-di)?
Updated, congrats on the bundle of boys!

#10 of 52 Old 08-09-2010, 04:05 PM

Thank you! I now feel like a complete and total newbie in every single way, since on top of it being twins, I've never had boys before!

Newly single mama to Squidget hearts.gif, Roo energy.gifand the newest two babyboy.gif  babyboy.gif  11/24/10
caffix.gif  treehugger.gif  fambedsingle2.gif   chicken3.gif
#11 of 52 Old 08-09-2010, 04:15 PM

Just checking in.

Same ol' same ol' here, spending my days trying to fight "the man" over my boys birth. But other than that it has been a very pleasant pregnancy so far with only a few minor "what the heck is that?" type of moments.

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif
#12 of 52 Old 08-09-2010, 05:55 PM

Chula13- About homebirth and twins.... this is what I've been told from my OB and several midwives I've interviewed.

If they are mono-amnion (Same sac) a homebirth is definately out for most providers. I even think vaginal birth is quite a bit risky where many OB's won't attempt. They schedule a C-section and quite early sometimes.
For a mono-chorion (same placenta) Some wont do a homebirth because of risk of placenta shutting down after first baby is born and beginning to detatch prior to 2nd babes arrival. That was my understanding, when I spoke to OB about it. That he felt this kind was safe in hospital setting.
If they are di/di twins (two sacs, two placentas) then this is safest for at home. My OB was comfortable with us continuing homebirth plans despite being a tad leery for twins.

Biggest risks to having twins at home is increased bleeding (Duh! We have two wounds in there or one giant one feeding two babies).. So expect twice as much blood loss.
The other big risk that has been explained to me is baby B doing something funky after baby A comes out. Either turning to a goofy position or cord prolapsing.

I haven't found any midwives who will do a twin A breech, due to issues with potential "interlocking twins"...(esentially babies getting hung up on eachother so neither can decend) so if baby A is head down most midwives are all aboard for a homebirth.

I'm interviewing another set of midwives here anytime. So I'll let you know how it goes.

Also if you do see an OB for back up care. I was lucky enough to find an OB to cover in a transfer as well as give me his pager number since no other providers were comfy with vaginal twins if one was breech. My OB has breech experience and was willing to agree to see me when I was in labor no matter whether or not he's on call. So that is something you could always ask an OB if your not comfortable with a homebirth.

Mama to a zoo!
#13 of 52 Old 08-12-2010, 07:56 PM

Had another ultrasound today, both the boys are heads down now. Everything looked great and they are both the size you would expect a singleton to be at this stage so all is good. Happy day Happy day!

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif
#14 of 52 Old 08-13-2010, 09:15 AM

Hey everyone !

We found out our twins are DI-DI... but that doesnt mean they are not MZ right ? Anyway, they are each in their pouch and each have a placenta. We had a big scare with a subchorionic hemmorage and DP is now on bedrest... its been two weeks and she is still spotting but I think we will be fine.

Other than that... well its just long lol.

Coco
xx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#15 of 52 Old 08-13-2010, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

Glad to hear the twins are good, bleeding sounds so scary!
Yeah you are correct in the di/di not ruling out MZ if they split in the first 3or 4 days they would look like this.

#16 of 52 Old 08-13-2010, 02:20 PM

hi all,

saying hello for august!

~ sarah
#17 of 52 Old 08-13-2010, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yay for head down boys!!!

I had the stupid GT test and now I have a major headache.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#18 of 52 Old 08-14-2010, 10:44 PM

You can add me

1.Delma
2.I will be 31 and my husband is 40
3. Not sure yet
4. four for me and six total for dh
5. Don't know yet but yes we will find out
6. 2-14-11
7.Nevada

If all goes well this will be my second HBAC

Mother to  Joaquin 10-13-00ribboncesarean.gif , Israel 9-5-2008 hbac.gif Judah 01-26-11hbac.gif Jax 01-26-11ribboncesarean.gif
#19 of 52 Old 08-15-2010, 06:07 PM

hi everyone!

im eleven weeks today. had an appointment on friday with one of the "midwives" at my hospital/insurance provider (kaiser). it was VERY frustrating and discouraging as i had hoped her being a midwife, i might get a little more hopeful insight into their birthing principles, etc. she was VERY fearmongering when i even brought up the prospect of birthing a baby b vaginally...it was nuts.

i mean i GET that twin pregnancy is different and comes with increased CHANCE of risks/complications...but i mean, really lady...

the good news is that there are still two little people in there...i got to see them move around...but no count on hb or measurements either as she said it was 'too early' to read that kind of thing...i was like..no it isnt...but by that time, i was so annoyed by this woman i just wanted out of there.

if i end up birthing in hospital due to prematurity or malpresentation, im likely going to end up with a c section of at least baby b...unless i miraculously find a provider through their network that is experienced/willing to attend a breech birth...

i really hope i jive w/ the homebirth midwife ive been referred to so many times...i really, really do.

here's a recent picture of the little tykes (do we need a certain number of posts before we can post pictures?):

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4138/...bee60820e4.jpg
8-13-2010 3;43;35 PM by becksfluff, on Flickr

oh and im fairly POSITIVE i felt one of them move last night...pretty neat.

becky.
mama to m (3/96), o (8/07), p (5/09) and our twins: r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) 

#20 of 52 Old 08-15-2010, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Chula13! and congrats

ladydodson, MDC does not do actual pictures in the posts so as to not load down the servers too much, we all post links. Paid members can also have a gallery.

#21 of 52 Old 08-18-2010, 11:00 AM

I'm going to go ahead and get my info out. I read and participate in threads here, but haven't added myself to this one.

You and maybe your partners age at the birth? I'll turn 35 right before they're born, H will turn 32 around the time they're born
Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? di/di
What number of kids will is be for you? #2 and #3
Genders? Will you be finding out? Both are girls
EDD and or planned birth timing? EDD is 12/31, but I think they'll be born around the middle of December
State you live in? Utah

I have a question about position. I know singleton babies at this stage (almost 21 weeks) still have plenty of room to flip around. Both twins were head down yesterday - do they still have room to flip, or are they likely to stay that way? Because it would be awesome if they stay head down - I'm really hoping for a VBAC.

Semi-crunchy Mama to three happy, healthy girls - T(6/08), A (12/10) and B (12/10)
#22 of 52 Old 08-18-2010, 05:40 PM

Still feeling pretty good over here at almost 26 weeks. I've gained almost as much as at full-term with my singletons and my ribs are feeling awfully squished but no major complaints. The babies have been passing all the checkups so far with flying colors.

rachel-- in terms of position, my guys have been vertex/breech for the last couple months. They have flipped but they always BOTH flip-- I guess it's more roomy that way or maybe they actually don't mind being kicked in the head. So I think they can still move a bit. Two head down would be great (and possibly I could breathe again without this head in my ribcage!!) but my dr will still deliver vaginally if B is breech so I'm trying not to worry too much.

Oh and for the info page, my official EDD is 11/27.
#23 of 52 Old 08-19-2010, 02:56 PM

Rachel: when I went for the 24 week ultrasound, I was chatting the the tech and he said there was still lots of room for movement and positioning will change. My OB also said that it's far to early... there is still a lot of time for positioning to change.

butterflies: I'm also feeling like a full term size (I'm 25 weeks, 2 days today) and while this is my first pregnancy I look at other women who are at least 10 weeks ahead and they are almost the same size. I keep thinking that I can't continue growing but somehow I do. I'm feeling good as well and babies growth is progressing well too. At the 24 week ultrasound, the babies estimated to be about 1.8 lbs and 1.6 lbs.

annette: I didn't enjoy the GT test either!

2twins.gif Twin Girls on November 11, 2010
#24 of 52 Old 08-28-2010, 02:07 AM

Hi, mamas. I'm finally daring to peek into this forum and I'd love to join, too.

Name? (if you feel like it) Babygrey
You and maybe your partners age at the birth? Me 30, depending on when the babes come, DH 29-30
Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? Di/Di
What number of kids will is be for you? #3 and #4
Genders? Will you be finding out? We're up in the air about it. I found out w/ DS @ 20wks, did not find out with DD. Not sure what we'll do this time around, yet, bc both experiences had their upsides and downsides
EDD and or planned birth timing? April 15th
State you live in? Utah
Anything else you want to share? This has been a nerve-wracking pregnancy so far; I've had bleeding from the get-go. Baby A at first didn't have a heartbeat, and now has a subchorionic bleed. I'm trying to quiet the fear of "vanishing twin" and dive into letting myself be joyful.

reading.gifdiaper.gif ♥ baby.gif baby.gif ♥
but a lesson must be lived in order to be learned.
and the clarity to see and stop this now
that is what i've earned (a.d.)
#25 of 52 Old 09-01-2010, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel7628 View Post
I'm going to go ahead and get my info out. I read and participate in threads here, but haven't added myself to this one.

You and maybe your partners age at the birth? I'll turn 35 right before they're born, H will turn 32 around the time they're born
Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? di/di
Genders? Will you be finding out? Both are girls
EDD and or planned birth timing? EDD is 12/31, but I think they'll be born around the middle of December
State you live in? Utah

I have a question about position. I know singleton babies at this stage (almost 21 weeks) still have plenty of room to flip around. Both twins were head down yesterday - do they still have room to flip, or are they likely to stay that way? Because it would be awesome if they stay head down - I'm really hoping for a VBAC.
I'm 33 weeks and in the last six weeks my babies have been vertex/breech, breech/breech, oblique/breech, vertex/transverse. At one appointment the baby was turning as my midwife was checking position. So yes, your babies have PLENTY of time to turn. Im hoping they will now cooperate since the last check was vertex/transverse - but to me if the babies choose some crazy position -- which for me and my comfort-- will be something other than baby a vertex -- the babies are telling ME what way the need to come. I hope that makes sense.
#26 of 52 Old 09-05-2010, 02:14 AM - Thread Starter

Been off the grid these last 10 days or so, wanted to let you all know looks like a got a boy/ girl pair!
Anatomy scan when good, I expected it to be higher res than it seemed, it seemed no different than any of the quick ones I have gotten, and she only took 45 min of a two hour appointment, didn't seem like she took enough time. I ha e heard of folks getting way more checked than I did.
She was nice and talked constantly about what she was looking at and that was great. Both babies were head down and facing each other, very cute.

Belly has been growing rabidly and boy has it grown, spent a few days away from mirrors camping and camp back and wow, I'm soooo preggo!!

Oh and best of all, I think I felt the boy kick last night, it would be the first thing I have felt except the strange bladder pressure that I have had on and off since the went head down two weeks ago.

#27 of 52 Old 09-05-2010, 02:18 AM - Thread Starter

I will be back at a full computer in a few days and add the new ladies, welcome!! Will also do updates then.

#28 of 52 Old 09-13-2010, 05:13 PM
elf

HI. Officially 6 weeks 6 days with twins. 2 placentas, 2 bags---is that di/di??
This will make 3 kids under 3 years of age. Feeling officially overwhelmed at this point. SO tired. SO sick. Taking zofran and phenergan just to survive.

Realized we need a car that fits 3 car seats and a house with more than 2 bedrooms. Had some postpartum depression with 1 so 2 scares the cr*p out of me. Like I said, in the overwhelmed phase here. Any advice?

My stomach is SO big. I think it is just air or something. I look at least 25 weeks along. So bizarre. Is this normal with twins? It just protrudes and i can't really suck it in.

The other bizarre thing is that my OB just told me to gain 30 lbs (I have a normal BMI and my last baby was SGA). When I was shocked she said, "okay, 35 lbs". Is this a normal amount for a twin pregnancy?
#29 of 52 Old 09-13-2010, 10:23 PM

Hi ladies! Can I join you? I am 9weeks tomorrow!

Name? Liora
You and maybe your partners age at the birth? me - 35, dh - 36
Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? Di/Di and definitely DZ since we had a 5 day transfer.
Genders? Will you be finding out? Yes! Can't wait to find out!
EDD and or planned birth timing? 4/19/11
State you live in? OH
Anything else you want to share? These frozen embryos are from the same IVF cycle as my 19mo DD!

Liora - wife to Pete, IVF miracle DD babygirl.gif (2.11.09) 11 year Infertility survivor! FET miracle TWIN boys babyboy.gifbabyboy.gifborn 2/28 at 32 weeks and growing strong in the NICU.
#30 of 52 Old 09-13-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
HI. Officially 6 weeks 6 days with twins. 2 placentas, 2 bags---is that di/di??
This will make 3 kids under 3 years of age. Feeling officially overwhelmed at this point. SO tired. SO sick. Taking zofran and phenergan just to survive.

Realized we need a car that fits 3 car seats and a house with more than 2 bedrooms. Had some postpartum depression with 1 so 2 scares the cr*p out of me. Like I said, in the overwhelmed phase here. Any advice?

My stomach is SO big. I think it is just air or something. I look at least 25 weeks along. So bizarre. Is this normal with twins? It just protrudes and i can't really suck it in.

The other bizarre thing is that my OB just told me to gain 30 lbs (I have a normal BMI and my last baby was SGA). When I was shocked she said, "okay, 35 lbs". Is this a normal amount for a twin pregnancy?
Hi elf! I'm with you in the "omg, I need a bigger car" department. I also suffer from depression and took zoloft through my previous pregnancy and avoided ppd. I know taking drugs during pregnancy is scary but sometimes it is worth it.

I am also huge! I'm blaming it on bloat from the fertility meds (estrace and progesterone in oil). And actually if your OB said 30lbs for the WHOLE pregnancy I'd say that is really LOW for twins. Like bare minimum.

Liora - wife to Pete, IVF miracle DD babygirl.gif (2.11.09) 11 year Infertility survivor! FET miracle TWIN boys babyboy.gifbabyboy.gifborn 2/28 at 32 weeks and growing strong in the NICU.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page