How realistic is it to nurse twins with no bottles? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 09-14-2010, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sorry for the flashbacks.

My husband is actually pushing for me to quit my choir job now. It pains me more than you know to admit it, but I think he may be right. I don't know that I can do it. Last week, I went to church. Sunday School started around 9:30 and I was fine. I was fine at the beginning of church. By the end of the service, I felt like I had been run over by a truck. I came home, fell into bed, napped for three hours, and still didn't get out again. I don't know how I'll do Sunday School and church and then go back and do choir at 4. I don't know.

I just hijacked my own thread, LOL!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#32 of 35 Old 09-15-2010, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Replying from my phone. Pardon brevity and typos!

My twins never had bottles until they were older and we introduced diluted juices. I definitely think that's possible and that many twin moms sabotage their bf supply by introducing bottles and formula too soon just because that's what they've been told to expect. It's one thing to keep an open mind, but it's something else to set an expectation. Just make sure you're clear on which you are doing.

With regard to the choir job, I like that you see open to seeing what happens. You may get two super easy babies who are great sleepers. Or you mightget one easy and one high needs (which is kinda how mine were), or you might get two high needs babies. If they need lots of advancE notice, I would give myself the more open option that left me available to my babies. But if the church can be flexible, maybe you can wait and see how the first 4-6 weeks go before making decision.

Either way, I hope you find a solution that brings you joy.

Wife of one and mom of five, including my HBAC twins!
#33 of 35 Old 09-15-2010, 10:17 AM

I don't mean to scare you, and there is the occasional mom here who gets two easy-going newborns, but I think it's probably better to end up pleasantly surprised than... have PTSD-like flashbacks!

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#34 of 35 Old 09-15-2010, 11:46 AM

Forget PTSD-like flashbacks... I can't even REMEMBER those first 6 months!

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#35 of 35 Old 09-15-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRabbit View Post
Forget PTSD-like flashbacks... I can't even REMEMBER those first 6 months!
only I'll extend it to the first year.

Re: exclusively breastfeeding - it's definitely realistic! My twins were my 3rd & 4th babies (prior two had also been breastfed) and nursing was fine. Great, even. There were a couple times ever that I left them with pumped breastmilk but that was emergency-type stuff that couldn't be helped. We never supplemented and they nursed for almost 3 years.

Re: getting back to work - I dunno. I think you're setting yourself up by thinking that you'll be that into the swing of things so early on. Unless you have a nanny that does the parenting for you, I don't see it as realistic. Take it easy and try to enjoy this time with them. It flies by and before you know it you won't even remember it happened!

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page