Spinoff contraction thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-17-2010, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reading annettes thread got me wondering...with my other pregnancies,I really didn't worry about getting all my nesting done until around 8 months, as I knew I always go 40 weeks..and had plenty of time. I had healthy pregnancies with no issues and was painting and redoing my house last time at 38 weeks with no issues. However, with the twin factor, and seeing how so many people are put on bed rest, have issues early on, what would be recommended for me to get all my cleaning, nesting, get the rooms ready, etc by what weeks in the pregnancy? I am a very organized person and a perfectionist and I would FREAK if I didnt have things done and I was put on bedrest at 28 weeks or so. Just a worry from me!

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#2 of 3 Old 08-17-2010, 06:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, preterm labor is a major risk factor for multiples! Get it done early, or else you may be caught off guard! I just went to a Mothers of Multiples meeting last week and was talking with other new members / new moms, and they all delivered early. One as late as 37 weeks, most in the 34-36 week range, and me at 30.

Personally, I'd done absolutely nothing to prepare for the babies before they came! But then I had 6 weeks of NICU time to get all the prep done... A blessing and a curse!

Mama to twin boys born at 30 weeks. 5/21/10. 
nursex2.giffamilybed2.gifslingtwin.gifcd.gifsigncirc1.gifintactlact.gif
#3 of 3 Old 08-18-2010, 09:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do get it done early if it's important to you to do it personally. My husband ended up doing all the painting alone while I was in the hospital at 27 weeks, and then when they were born at 29, we had plenty of time to make a nice nursery, but not much emotional energy to spend on it, KWIM? Luckily we had ordered a lot of stuff (glider, cribs, dresser, bedding) beforehand. Once the babies came, I didn't give a hoot about anything else.

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page