Question for mommies of twins... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-20-2010, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How early did you test? How early did you get a BFP?

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-21-2010, 05:26 AM

9dpo is when i got bfp's for my youngest and my current (twin) pregnancy. they both looked the same...maybe the twin was a little darker, but it was fmu...the singleton was after a bunch of beer...lol. oops.

becky.
mama to m (3/96), o (8/07), p (5/09) and our twins: r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) 

#3 of 3 Old 08-22-2010, 12:47 AM

I've reliably been able to get a dark + at only 9 dpo with each pregnancy...both singles and twins. THe earliest I've ever gotten one was very late on day 8. That was with my 8th and she was a single baby. All of my others have been right on morning of day 9. With this pregnancy I tested at 8 dpo, 9dpo and 10 dpo...all with negatives. We went out of town and I retested at 12 dpo and still a negative. On 13 I got a - in the am but a VERY faint + that took 5 minutes to appear in the afternoon. Same result on day 14. I quit testing thinking I would begin bleeding anyday. When I failed to start my period I tested again 7 entire days later and it was finally dark and strong. I measured 2 cms smaller than average up until 16 wks. At 21 wks we discovered our 2nd set of very healthy, thriving twins actually measuring a couple of days ahead of 21 wks! So, I have learned that tests and the strength and swiftness of the line mean nothing as to how many are in there!!! LOL!

Blessed wife of a firefighter/paramedic and mom to 10...including 2 sets of very surprise twins!....with a sweet tiny boy welcomed into heaven at 14 wks gestation in 9/09

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page