Tell me about your good, problem free twin pregnancy. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 10-13-2010, 03:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm only 28.5 weeks, but so far, I can't complain too much!

Had some terrible fatigue and morning sickness for the second and third month, but by week 16-17, I had it kicked. I personally think I just wasn't eating enough, because when I could eat, I felt good! (Also was having some ketones in my urine...that is no longer a problem, as I like food again!) Also had crazy food aversion too, nothing ever sounded good, and leafy greens made me gag. Haha.

As a result, I didn't start gaining any weight until I was 16 weeks (in fact, I lost 10 pounds in the second month). From there, I have gained a healthy 30 pounds.

Once I kicked the morning sickness and fatigue, I felt awesome, I hardly even felt pregnant, and I didn't even have a visible bump until week 18. I wasn't the least bit uncomfortable until maybe two weeks ago, and now my uterus and babies are crowding me. Just a bit of trouble getting comfortable on a couch or in bed, though. Also very uncomfortable to bend over, haha.

As far as complications? Zero. I think my blood pressure randomly goes up sometimes, but I just sit or lay down until it goes away completely. (I took a 35 minute break at work today, oops. )

Doc wanted me to go on leave at 28 weeks, but I told him I felt pretty good still, so I just cut down my hours to 20-24 a week (as well as shorter shifts), and I'm planning on going on leave at 32 weeks. My coworkers keep telling me, Oh, you're going to be on bed rest I bet! And crap like that. I just give them an annoyed look and say, "Umm...no."
#32 of 36 Old 10-13-2010, 12:26 PM

I'm sitting here at 39 weeks pregnant wondering when labor will start? How's that for problem free?

I did go out of work at 34 weeks b/c my BP was starting to rise. That seemed to do the trick. I was stubborn and hadnt cut back hours yet and probably should have.

My complaints are being huge, having ginormous swollen feet, getting up to pee multiple times a night, and stretch marks that exploded at 38 weeks.

I am still able to drive, take care of my daughter, attempt house work, go shopping, errands, etc.

It's been harder than with a singleton and I have had a lot more monitoring than I would have liked - but its overall been low key.
#33 of 36 Old 10-20-2010, 04:51 PM

I had a wonderful pregnancy considering. I was not on bedrest although I didn't get around real quick the last several weeks. I did have issues with shortness of breath but a good sturdy back brace took care of that. No high BP, GD, pre-e, nothing. A problem free pregnancy really.

I delivered my twins at 36 weeks at home. Even the delivery went wonderful. The best out of all 6 pregnancies.

I gained 39 pounds total and lost 25 of it the day they were born.

Rachel
Mommy to DS13, DS12, DS7, DD5, DD3, and twin GIRLS : born at home in the water on 12/18/09
#34 of 36 Old 10-21-2010, 02:14 PM

I had a teriffic, easy twin pregnancy. No morning sickness, not tired, teary or emotional. I was induced at 38 weeks because of my dd who has a heart condition, not because of any health issues. I did have a bit of elevated blood pressure toward the end, and some swelling, but nothing that particularly bothered the doctors. I did end up with a c-sec because baby a's cord prolapsed, and baby b's placenta partially abrupted, otherwise, nobody would have had a problem with a vaginal delivery. I felt good, had a lot of energy until about the last two weeks, but still managed to do quite a bit. I worked on the day that I was induced (I work FTOH) and never had any bed rest.

I totally love being pregnant, and was truly blessed to have an easy pregnancy. I feel for all those who do not, for whatever reason, and I know that I am really really lucky. Good luck to you, hopefully you can have a great, easy pregnancy too!

Denise, mama to ds1 (03/26/05) and boy/girl twins born 08/12/08
#35 of 36 Old 10-25-2010, 06:08 PM

yes, mine went realy well. I had horrendous swelling for the last month that last until they were 3 wks old, but other than that no problems to speak of. L&D went awesome too (1.5 hours, no drugs, no interventions at all).
#36 of 36 Old 10-25-2010, 08:50 PM

Other than being ginormously huge, I had no issues or problems-took my dd to the mall the day before they were born, and scared a whole lot of people!!!! Mine came at 38 and 1/2 weeks, and were 7 lbs 12 oz. and 6 lbs 3 oz.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page