Tell me about your good, problem free twin pregnancy. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 36 Old 09-16-2010, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
IF there is such a thing.
I want to know the stories of the pregnancy went well, no pre e, no GD, no TTTS, no bed rest at 30 weeks....just a normal(as normal can be) twin pregnancy....good stories!
I am 17 weeks. I feel GREAT. I have gained 30 pounds, but as of 3 weeks ago my weight gain is slowing to 1-2 pounds a week. I am all baby bump. I have low blood pressure as of now. No swelling. Minor round ligament pain. Lots of energy. I feel pretty dang good. Is this normal? LOL

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#2 of 36 Old 09-16-2010, 04:15 PM

yes! i just posted on ff asking for positive, happy, parenting twins stories too!

seems like you get a lot of doom and gloom when it comes to multiples...not saying it isnt harder/more work...but it should would be nice to hear some positivity so that i dont explode in a fireball of anxiety before giving birth...lol.

becky.
mama to m (3/96), o (8/07), p (5/09) and our twins: r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) 

#3 of 36 Old 09-16-2010, 04:28 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I've had three friends with very easy pregnancies. One opted for a planned C-section. She chose not to nurse at all.

The other parent had her twins at home with her mom as doula (lot of homebirth experience) there. She was able to nurse them both without supplementation.

The third friend is now pregnant with her SECOND SET of twins and the pregnancy is going well. She had a safe, natural hospital birth with her first singelton and her twins. She had pretty serious ppd issues with all three births but was able to nurse them all. The twin ppd was not worse than the first. The assume it will happen again and so are planning for it. Yeah!
#4 of 36 Old 09-16-2010, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yup here, totally issue free twin pregnancy. Worst issue was a GD scare at 29 weeks. But the one-hour GTT is notoriously inaccurate. I passed the 3-hr OGTT perfectly.

End result - semi-spontaneous labor (castor oil) at 39 weeks, home birth, perfect babes, long BFing relationship.

It does happen!

My favorite treasure trove of positive stories (besides here) is at a now defunct twin blog:

http://www.lookydaddy.com/weblog/200..._that_mos.html

Check it out!

And good luck for continued smooth sailing!

Mom to : Belle and Izzy
#5 of 36 Old 09-16-2010, 06:26 PM

#6 of 36 Old 09-16-2010, 08:17 PM

Another positive twin pregnancy - it was so good I didn't even know it was twins!

Seriously, the last month was pretty tough, but up until that point I had SO much energy! The house was CLEAN (big shocker for me) for months! I did start having loads of BH contractions, which I told myself was a sign to slow down, but really things were great.

Babies were born at 41 weeks at home - 1 vertex, one footling breech - both over 7lb. Best birth I ever had.

Loads of blessings, and learning on the job.
run.gif 

#7 of 36 Old 09-16-2010, 10:23 PM

i had a pretty great pregnancy. i had more nausea in the beginning than with my others, but it wasn't horrible. i gained 50 pounds, most in the beginning and tapered off as I got larger. no complications or bedrest, although I was tired like crazy mostly in the 1st and 3rd trimesters. things were uneventful, which is how i like it! that being said, everything was WAY more amplified than with my singletons. glad to hear you are feeling well. that is something to really be thankful for!!

mother to girl (8), boy (7), girl (5) and twin boys (12/07) and a little boy due Feb 5!!
#8 of 36 Old 09-16-2010, 10:31 PM

We are at 36 weeks and four days with fraternal twins. So far, i have had the perfect pregnancy with no complications- no bed rest, no Gd, no preclamsia. The only issue is just getting bigger and dealing with my big body.

It is possible so best of luck.
#9 of 36 Old 09-17-2010, 09:09 AM

I had a really uneventful pregnancy until week 37. A lot of nausea in the beginning, but tappered off towards 16 weeks. Felt a bit schleppy at the end, but that is to be expected. The boys were both transverse with no signs of rolling over, so I had a c-section. My singleton pregnancy was acutally harder on my body just becaue of her position than my twin pregnancy was.

It can be done.

: wife to James, MoM to R babyboy.gif and D babyboy.gif  (Aug 2007) and E babygirl.gif (Nov 2009) and Y babyboy.gif (April 2012)

#10 of 36 Old 09-17-2010, 10:37 AM

I had a great twin pregnancy. No problems, no complications and they were born safely at home at 40 weeks 1 day. Of course, that doesn't mean it was an easy pregnancy! I had horrible pubic symphisis pain, which was more painful than labor, I couldn't go shopping without being worn out for the next 2 days, I cried at night when I had to get up to pee 4 times because it hurt so bad to get out bed, etc. Very hard at the end, but no medical problems. I was never on bed-rest, but I listened to my body, which meant I spent much of my time on the couch. We went to the movies the day I went into labor, so I was out and about the whole time, but it became very difficult. Anyway, there are plenty of mamas here who went full-term and had no complications.

Blessed mama of four
::
#11 of 36 Old 09-17-2010, 11:46 AM

Fraternal twins here . . . gave birth at 38 weeks to two boys weighing 7lb3oz and 7lb11oz. It was a VBAC

No issue with blood sugar, blood pressure, fetal development, etc. We were out of the hospital after 48 hours, both are exclusively breastfed with not a single bottle yet at 4 months. Pregnancy was hard (read: heavy ) but no worries or complications at all.

Now if I could shed some of the weight I'd be thrilled .

Amy
mama to big brother Mason (Jan '05) and the littles, Adam and Holden (May '10)
#12 of 36 Old 09-17-2010, 02:01 PM

Great pregnancy here. No medical issues, I worked, did yoga, worked out, swam, and looked after my other kids no problem. I was so happy to be carrying twins! At night we'd lay on the bed and watch them start their nightly kickboxing routine. I went to 39 1/2 wks. Babies were 6lbs. 7 ozs. and 5lbs. 0ozs.
The night before they were born we went to our friend's 40th b-day party. Everyone was there, we named the babes that night with the help of some dear old friends, woke up the next day and had a couple babies
#13 of 36 Old 09-17-2010, 02:21 PM

I had a great pregnancy, too! Went to one day shy of 41 weeks and had a spectacular homebirth. Two healthy girls, one 8lbs 6oz, one 7lbs 6 oz.

No bedrest. No high blood pressure. I ran after my other kids the whole time, too. My mother thought I was nuts to pick up a three year old when I was so big and pregnant, but if I felt like doing something I was going to do it. I have vivid memories of steam cleaning all my carpets at 38 weeks.

Good luck, mama! You can do this!

mom to sam arlo (5), olive loretta (3)....and twin girls Annie and Ramona Jean, born 3/10.

#14 of 36 Old 09-17-2010, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

AWESOME stories, thank you all so much!!!!!! I am sure not just me but other pregnant twin mamas are so grateful for your positive stories!!

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#15 of 36 Old 09-19-2010, 01:41 PM

Well -- I'm 36 weeks (on Monday) PG with twins. It has been pretty uneventful. I would say that a twin pregnancy is NOT the same as a singleton. That doesnt mean it is going to have complications -- but I think it is important to acknowledge that you are carrying two babies. With my daughter I was still RUNNING as in jogging at 41 weeks pregnant... with the twins - no way!!

The only issues I have had is a slight increase in BP. We are watching it. No pre-e. Im not on bedrest and never have been. I did stop working at 34 weeks but it has been good to have some time at home with my daughter before they arrive. Ive had no labor scares...

I have had swelling the last few weeks but what do you expect with 12 lbs of baby in your belly?

My advice is to stay positive but also listen to your own body. It is very important to come in tune with it and your babies so you know what you will need.
#16 of 36 Old 09-19-2010, 07:58 PM
RSG

I had a complication-free pregnancy and felt pretty darn good the whole time. It was clear that my body was working really hard though - I got sick twice with a flu and a sinus infection that I think normally would have not bothered me much. I ran after a two-year old, worked part-time and kept up with my life. I ate a lot - mmmm ice cream! and rested as much as possible. Towards the end I needed a lot of support; my mom came the last two weeks to help; and emotionally I was pretty spent; I visited this site ALOT to know I wasn't alone. Our babies were born at 39 weeks and I had a beautiful, easy birth. My girls were 6.10 and 6.15; they stayed with me the whole time in the hospital; nursed right away (they are still going strong) and are truly a joy to behold. Now- they never sleep through the night, sometimes everybody cries and I rarely have a moment to myself; but life is good. Wouldn't change it for anything.
#17 of 36 Old 09-19-2010, 08:49 PM

Wellllllllllllll, mine did have TTTS, but I never had any interventions because of it, and overall the pregnancy was fine.

No problems with gd, pre-e, ptl, swelling, etc. I ate tons and drank a lot of water -- and like others said, I listened to my body. It told me mostly to rest, so I did (first pregnancy, no older kids to take care of, it was great!) I had a lot of support online and irl, and my Ob had seen a lot of twins (and twins with TTTS) so I felt comfortable with him.

I had a vaginal hospital birth, with a second twin who was a foot-first breech, and everybody was fine.

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#18 of 36 Old 09-19-2010, 11:03 PM
AGF

Another good one!
I was just telling a friend the other day that everytime I say I had the luckiest, healthiest twin pregnancy I feel like I am jinxing something, until I realized that it happened and nothing can change that!

I was walking to and from the train and working up until 34 weeks and had two healthy boys at 38 weeks weighing 7.9 and 7.15. AND i scrubbed my tub the night before they were born.

BEST to you and your family!
#19 of 36 Old 09-19-2010, 11:58 PM

I had a great pregnancy, too. I did have pre-eclampsia at the very end, but everything else was good... even considering the groin pain and carpal tunnel. I gained 55lbs on a 5'4" frame and was all belly.

My boys were born via c-section (two transverse babies, one flipped at 39.5 weeks) on their due date, weighing 7lbs12oz and 7lbs10oz. I didn't plan to have a c-section, but with the pre-e, first time mother and bad positions, it was our best option.

We've been nursing for 9 months with no formula supplements. And even though nursing was tough for the first three months (mastitis and thrush), it's SO much easier to nurse them than to deal with bottles and formula.
#20 of 36 Old 09-21-2010, 02:21 AM

I had a very easy twin pregnancy that ended in a vaginal birth at almost 38 weeks. I didn't have any morning sickness, nausea, food aversions, etc. I had two PTL episodes but really that was just a tiny speed bump. I had tons of energy, pretty even moods, etc. I worked full time until 32 weeks then went on maternity leave at 36 weeks.

SAHM to twin kindergarteners

#21 of 36 Old 09-21-2010, 12:14 PM

Thank you! So nice to hear these stories! How did the weight gain go for everyone? I am 13 weeks, only gained 8lbs and I am snacking more and eating when my body tells me. I quit exercising per dr.s orders (history of preterm labor) and am nervous about weight gain I was hoping I would gain more weight by now. When does it happen?
#22 of 36 Old 09-22-2010, 10:58 AM

I had a relatively easy pregnancy. Just horrible heartburn like I do with my singleton pregnancies, though it started earlier. I aimed for 24 pounds by 24 weeks (got 23 by then) and aimed for 50 pounds and made it to 48 pounds. Tons of protein, water, rest. Followed my body's cues for when to take it easier, like when I knew I was having contractions while shopping (around 32 weeks) so stopped doing long shopping trips. Mine were born at 37 wk 5days.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#23 of 36 Old 09-25-2010, 11:01 AM

I am on my 2nd di/di, completely uneventful twin pregnancy. We never even suspected 2 in there and at the 21 wk u/s were quite shocked. I carried our 1st set all 40 wks and delivered naturally with A vertex and B breech. Weights were 6'4 and 7'2. With this current pregnancy both babies are vertex and have been since about 26 wks....which has been shocking to me that these 2 little guys have stayed in one position after having dealt with B fliipping continually the entire pregnancy...up until the day he was delivered...with our 1st set.

With our 1st set I gained exactly 40 lbs and topped out in fundal height at 42 cm. The weight came off within only a few weeks. I"m hanging right around the 40 lb weight gain mark with this pregnancy as well but am measuring 43 cm in fundal height at only 35 wks, so I'm already bigger with this pregnancy. Should be interesting! With no signs of anything happening I figure I'll carry these 2 to around 38-40 too.

I remember being so depressed by everyone's doom and gloom pregnancies that I read about on other boards. I didn't know it was possible to have a normal twin pregnancy. I finally just had to get off all the boards. The only problem I ever encountered was finding a dr that was open to delivering a breech twin....and it became a HUGE problem. But the pregnancy itself was amazing. This twin pregnancy has been amazing too and we are planning on homebirthing these babies.

Blessed wife of a firefighter/paramedic and mom to 10...including 2 sets of very surprise twins!....with a sweet tiny boy welcomed into heaven at 14 wks gestation in 9/09
#24 of 36 Old 10-01-2010, 04:25 PM

I don't remember my weights But my twin pregnancy wasn't bad at all. I had more morning sickness than I'd had with my singletons and more heartburn (better if I had fewer starchy foods and more protein). I was huge and uncomfortable at the end, but all went well. I made it to 39 weeks and had two healthy girls at home, 6 lbs. 10 oz. and 6 lbs. 12 oz.
#25 of 36 Old 10-01-2010, 08:08 PM

i was watching twin birth videos the other night and came across this photo montage. not all of the stories are problem-free but i thought they were all inspiring!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E-wU...eature=related
#26 of 36 Old 10-02-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflies View Post
i was watching twin birth videos the other night and came across this photo montage. not all of the stories are problem-free but i thought they were all inspiring!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E-wU...eature=related

I watched this DAILY at the very end of my pregnancy. It really helped me remember that I could do this and to calm any negative thoughts I was having. LOVE IT.

mom to sam arlo (5), olive loretta (3)....and twin girls Annie and Ramona Jean, born 3/10.

#27 of 36 Old 10-08-2010, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudiAU View Post
I've had three friends with very easy pregnancies. One opted for a planned C-section. She chose not to nurse at all.

The other parent had her twins at home with her mom as doula (lot of homebirth experience) there. She was able to nurse them both without supplementation.

The third friend is now pregnant with her SECOND SET of twins and the pregnancy is going well. She had a safe, natural hospital birth with her first singelton and her twins. She had pretty serious ppd issues with all three births but was able to nurse them all. The twin ppd was not worse than the first. The assume it will happen again and so are planning for it. Yeah!
I also have two sets of twins. I would have her look into placenta encapsulation. It did WONDERS for my ppd, which was so severe after my second set of twins that I had a suicide plan at two weeks postpartum. My last two births I used the capsules and had zero ppd.

Mama to Hannah & Hailey 1/5/02 C.J. 2/18/03 Anthony & Jamie 3/23/05 Chuck 10/9/08 42-week Sam 8/9/10 Mae 4/22/12
#28 of 36 Old 10-08-2010, 02:36 AM

Both sets were full term and my pregnancies were completely uneventful. I had great blood pressure, little to no morning sickness, no bed rest (and even went shopping and to dinner and a movie the day before I had my first set. I was shopping at Wal Mart in labor with my second set), and felt great, albeit large and uncomfortable, the whole time. I delivered at 38 weeks 3 days (weights 7# 12 oz. and 6# 9 oz.) and 39 weeks 1 day (weights 6# 10 oz. and 6# 15 oz.).

You can have an amazing pregnancy and birth. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

Mama to Hannah & Hailey 1/5/02 C.J. 2/18/03 Anthony & Jamie 3/23/05 Chuck 10/9/08 42-week Sam 8/9/10 Mae 4/22/12
#29 of 36 Old 10-12-2010, 12:04 PM

I had a great pregnancy. I was, of course, uncomfortable in the last months. I went 41 weeks, gained 90 lbs, and had big, healthy babies (8lbs 1oz and 6lbs 5oz). Baby B was even breech, and all worked out okay.

The most difficult part of the whole thing was working with medical professionals. I did tons of research and opted for a homebirth. My first doctor informed me that they deliver twins via c-section not later than 37 weeks. They also wanted me on a low carb diet since I was gaining weight so fast in the first trimester. I was pretty sure that that could not be right, so I got on MDC and sought advice. I did HB with an excellent midwife. I also did parallel care with another set of doctors. They were positive and supportive of natural birth, but they started to make me nervous at the end. Once I made it to 36 weeks, I was confident that the babies would be healthy anytime, so I stopped going to those doctors, too.

I focused on eating lots of healthy snacks. I also focused on relaxing alot. My blood pressure started to rise. I bought a blood pressure monitor and would check it once in a while. If it was elevated, I could usually focus on relaxing on the couch and get it to drop. (This worked for me since I have no other children who were in need of attention at the time.) Also important was keeping up my confidence in myself and my birth plan. DH was excellent at helping me with this (my mother was not so excellent at this, but she came around! And I was so happy to have her there at the birth).
#30 of 36 Old 10-12-2010, 02:11 PM

Another problem-free twin pregnancy here! No complications, bed rest, or the like. Just one BIG, tired, uncomfortable mama. Babies were born at 36+1, after Twin A's water broke. Uncomplicated vaginal delivery.

mama to a transracially adopted three year old boy and biological boy/girl twins, age 2

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page