Baby A frank breech - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-23-2010, 01:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone out there have a vaginal birth story, home or hospital, where baby A was breech? I'm 38 weeks with di/di, have had a great healthy pregnancy with seemingly healthy full term babies, but just found out today that baby a is presenting butt first. I'm holding out hope for a natural birth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetgrass View Post
Does anyone out there have a vaginal birth story, home or hospital, where baby A was breech? I'm 38 weeks with di/di, have had a great healthy pregnancy with seemingly healthy full term babies, but just found out today that baby a is presenting butt first. I'm holding out hope for a natural birth.
I don't have any stories to share. However if you go into Birth and Beyond and look I have a thread on there about twins and breech extraction. I posted a few links I found yesterday that said if your a candidate for a vaginal breech then there is no reason a breech twin A isn't acceptable.

Now it may be harder to find a care provider that is on board, BUT there were two different articles citing the same references (One was from a high risk OB text book). So you'd have some "evidence based practice" on your side.

I do have a friend though who's twin A was breech the whole time. When she went into labor he flipped to head down and she was able to do a twin drug free VBAC in a hospital

Mama to a zoo!
Old 09-24-2010, 02:18 AM

Babies can still move. I was doing exercised to encourage baby A to move just before labor. She moved from complete breech to transverse. I'm convinced that if I had had more time (water broke, game over) she would have made it to vertex. That was at 37w 5d. Check out spinning babies.

I know there are some Mom's on here that have delivered breeches vaginally. Good luck!

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09

User Tag List