Is this normal tired? Or something I need to talk to the dr about? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-29-2010, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 26 weeks (27 on Friday) with twins. Suddenly, the past 3 or 4 days, I am so tired I can barely function. Like I just want to go to bed and never get up. I've actually been sleeping better at night than I have for this whole pregnancy, and I don't wake up refreshed at all. At some point each day, I take a nap, eat a snack or drink some water or a combination of all 3 in an effort to wake myself up. I've been taking an iron supplement, so I don't think anemia is likely, but wouldn't rule it out entirely. Is it normal to be this tired at this point? I don't know what else to do.

Semi-crunchy Mama to three happy, healthy girls - T(6/08), A (12/10) and B (12/10)
#2 of 7 Old 09-30-2010, 02:11 PM

Are you getting enough protein and carbs?

I really slowed down around 28 weeks. But I would really take a close look at the diet.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#3 of 7 Old 09-30-2010, 02:21 PM

I'd say tired is normal. I slept a good 14+ hours per day while pregnant with twins, and probably could have slept more, but I did have to go to work for about 6 hours per day 4 days a week. (Where all I did was sit at my desk anyway.) :P I'd only get up to eat, go to the bathroom, and head back to bed. IIRC, I'd get up about 9am, get home from work about 4, nap till 7, eat, back to bed at 8 or 9pm, sleep till 9am again. On days I didn't work I'd sleep even more than that, or just lie on the couch watching TV. Eating and sleeping are the best things you can do for your babies. Best of luck!

Mama to twin boys born at 30 weeks. 5/21/10. 
nursex2.giffamilybed2.gifslingtwin.gifcd.gifsigncirc1.gifintactlact.gif
#4 of 7 Old 10-01-2010, 04:15 PM

Normal for me here. I go to bed by 10, up at 8. Nap at 2 lol. Still tired all day long. My hemoglobin was awesome... It is better on days I get additional protein....but its still not great.

Mama to a zoo!
#5 of 7 Old 10-01-2010, 04:36 PM

By 30 weeks, I was going to bed at 2 pm, and staying there until the next morning. I don't know if it's normal, but I think it's pretty close to what I experienced.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
#6 of 7 Old 10-03-2010, 10:19 PM

Normal. You are making tons of blood right now, so make sure you are getting plenty of iron and salt your food to taste (salt is important for making red blood cells). And don't forget to drink your water.

Courtney wife to geek.gif and mom to 4 boys: chicken3.gif   . I need caffix.gif !
They're not typos. . . I can't spell!
#7 of 7 Old 10-04-2010, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. I guess it's just my body saying "slow down, lady." Not easy to do with a toddler, but I'll do what I can.

Semi-crunchy Mama to three happy, healthy girls - T(6/08), A (12/10) and B (12/10)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page