Baby wearing how to's - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 09-29-2010, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, so I get that a lot of MOMs where babes one on the back and one on the front. I just can't imagine the how tos to set it up. Do you put the one on the back first and then the one on the front? Does it matter if it is a sling on the front?

I have an Ergo, a Becco, and a Maya Sling. I would love to be able to do this, just can't imagine how to do it.

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 09-30-2010, 10:41 AM

I used a Mei Tai and A Beco or a Beco and pouch slings. My basic approach was to put the soft carriers on my body without babies, then put the Beco on with a baby in it and then put babies in the softer carriers.

With the Mei Tai:
First, I tied the Mei Tai round my waist in preparation for a front carry with the shoulder straps untied but lying over my shoulders down my back so the straps would end up under the Beco. Then I put a baby in the Beco for a back carry. I would load the baby in the Beco on my hip and then rotate to the back. Then I put the second baby in the Mei Tai for the front carry and tied the back ties under the bum of the baby on my back and again in front under the bum of the baby in front. Sometimes, I would tie the Mei Tai shoulder straps loosely before putting the Beco on and slip the baby in and tighten up the straps with the baby in,

With the Beco and the pouch slings:

I would place the sling or slings over my shoulders empty and ready for babies. Then, I would put a baby in the Beco on my back via my hip. Then I would put a baby in the sling closest to my body and the final baby would go in the sling furthest from my body.
I could carry all three this way. But not for long as it got very heavy very fast.

I hope that gives you some ideas of how to use the slings you have.
jPapa likes this.

Kate
mother of Patrick (7/31/03), and Michael, William, and Jocelyn (4/27/07)
#3 of 6 Old 09-30-2010, 02:06 PM

I'm wondering about this too! I tried to do two slings, but the rings rest right around my collarbones, and the babies' noggins bonk against the rings. Granted, my babies are still tiny and can't sit up on their own, so maybe when they're stronger and can do a hip carry or something this would work better. But as it is, in the tummy to tummy carry, I don't see how it works.

Will be watching this thread for more ideas

Mama to twin boys born at 30 weeks. 5/21/10. 
nursex2.giffamilybed2.gifslingtwin.gifcd.gifsigncirc1.gifintactlact.gif
#4 of 6 Old 09-30-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaV View Post
I'm wondering about this too! I tried to do two slings, but the rings rest right around my collarbones, and the babies' noggins bonk against the rings.
I never used ring slings. I only had the New Native pouches. With two babes in slings, I couldn't wear them long as the slings would slide in towards my necks.

I wore two kids at a time most from 6 to 10 months. After that, I rarely wore more than one at a time.

Kate
mother of Patrick (7/31/03), and Michael, William, and Jocelyn (4/27/07)
#5 of 6 Old 09-30-2010, 10:41 PM

Here's a great link with photos and a video... and some great bellyshots!

http://babywearingtwins.com/

Mom to Liam 9/06, spirit baby 3/09, and identical twins Mateo and Sebastian 10/11namaste.gif

#6 of 6 Old 09-30-2010, 10:44 PM

Look on thebabywearer.com...there is a whole forum on wearing more than one baby! Very helpful, with pics, etc.

Mama to twins, my little guy, and

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page