Connor and Seamus are here! (cross posted in my DDC) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-14-2010, 05:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all.

Connor Ambrose and Seamus Antioch were born October 13the (I was 35 weeks to the day) at 8:08 and 8:13 respectively.

Connor weighs 5pounds 5 ounces and is 18 1/2inch long.
Seamus is 3 pounds 9 ounces and 16 1/4 inch long.

Both boys are doing well but Connor is fairing much better than his brother so far. Seamus was at first doing well with just an oxygen tent but had a set back and now is receiving medication to lubricate his lungs and direct oxygen. He is sooo tiny. You spend time with Connor and think "wow what a tiny little baby" but then go over a couple of lines to be with Seamus and suddenly Connor looks HUGE compared to his brother.

I'm doing great which I guess is good but I kind of wish I was having some sort of problem so that my dr's could find a reason to keep me in the hospital longer. Still not sure how we are going to maneuver all of that especial since it looks like Connor will be coming home before Seamus and the hospital is 2 hours from home.

Oh, and the birth story! I woke up Monday morning at around 4:30 a.m. with a constant pain in my upper middle abdomen and went on to the hospital afraid I might be experiencing placental problem. They checked me and I was dilated to 3 and effaced 80%. At some point I was transferred to a larger hospital with a NICU and started on steroids and meds every 3 hours to stop labor. On the 13th I woke up at 7:30 a.m. feeling like I needed to pee sat forever and figured false alarms stood up and my water broke! At 8:08 my first twin arrived and 3 minutes later his brother came to join us.

Pumping is going well and we are hoping to put Connor to the breast tomorrow. Speaking of which am getting off of here and going to pump again. Will post as I get a chance. Good luck to all of you as you continue down your pregnancies.

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif
#2 of 6 Old 10-14-2010, 06:35 AM

congratulations! love their names!

Mama to 5 babies. UCer, too!
#3 of 6 Old 10-14-2010, 09:29 AM

Congratulations, mama!! I know you've had a bit of a scary time and it sounds like the roller coaster ride isn't quite over yet, but I just wanted to say good luck!

Newly single mama to Squidget hearts.gif, Roo energy.gifand the newest two babyboy.gif  babyboy.gif  11/24/10
caffix.gif  treehugger.gif  fambedsingle2.gif   chicken3.gif
#4 of 6 Old 10-14-2010, 06:19 PM

Congrats! I love their names. I'm sure you'll have both babes home in no time.
#5 of 6 Old 10-14-2010, 08:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations! I'll be thinking of you and your little ones.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#6 of 6 Old 10-15-2010, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you all

We seem to have a fairly long road ahead of us but I just have to trust and have faith that everything will turn out just as it should be nothing more and nothing less. I'm learning fast that stressing out is going to help no one, my babies included. But it is hard not to some times.

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page