any one concieve their mult. after weaning or 1st pp cycle? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-06-2010, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi guys, I have been lurking around for week or so now. This is pregnancy #6 for me. We were definately done after #5 so after weaning DS, had first pp period though it was abnormal. Very light and only 3 days instead of my usual 7 full and heavy one. I figured cause it was first pp cycle. However, in the past, my first pp cycles were monsterously heavy and painful. I was relieved so I didnt complain.

I went to get on birth control pills when period was due within about a week. They tested me and it was negative. They gave me my pills and said wait a few days for AF and then on the first day take it but if you want, since its due soon anyway, you can go ahead and take it now. I dont know why but I waited. However, she never showed. I kept testing but I was 2 weeks late by the time I got a positive even though I had already had weird symtoms like I pooched out early (thought it was bloat from period soon to start) and before I even suspected, I dreamed I was pregnant. (I have had this dream every time I got pregnant)

Soo... the pregnancy wasnt a huge shocker I just kinda knew.

My question is, on my first OB appointment, after having this weird dream I was looking at an ultrasound screen and there were two babies, 2 sacs, ect and I looked at my DP and said "Ha! told ya so!"

And the dr said I was "measuring a month ahead, better not be twins in there" it just kinda got me thinking.

With my last birth I suffered a partial prolapsed cervix/uterus so uterus isnt quite high as it should be, or cervix, so i would have thought I wouldnt be measuring large but maybe on the smaller side instead.

Okay, to the point. Does anyone know if there is a connection with weaning, or first post partum cycles and ovaries releasing 2 eggs? or being hyper stimulated? I had ovarian cramping which I never usually had before round the time I would have ovulated.

Anyone concieve while weaning or first pp cycle? Know if there is a link?

Thanks! I get an ultrasound in a few days to get a more accuarate due date as I could be 12 weeks based on lmp or 10 based on first day I got my positive as I was testing everyday. Guess we will know then, hopefully they wont miss it if there are 2.

homebirth.jpg  waterbirth.jpg buddamomimg1.pngmama to the Brady bunch 3 boys, 3 girls. 

DS Jan '02, DD Jan '04, DD Oct '05, DS Spt '07, DS Jan '10, DD Jun '11 Ouruc.jpg

#2 of 9 Old 11-07-2010, 12:35 AM

Yes, the chances of twins are increased if you get pregnancy right around the time of the return of your fertility from my research.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#3 of 9 Old 11-07-2010, 11:07 AM

Our twins were conceived with my first ovulation before even having my cycle PP. That being said, so was our #3, who is a singleton (our #2 and current #6 - singletons - were conceived when I ovulated after 1 period).

I am interested to hear more about this connection, though. Is it a MZ or DZ thing? Our twins are most likely MZ.

mother to girl (8), boy (7), girl (5) and twin boys (12/07) and a little boy due Feb 5!!
#4 of 9 Old 11-07-2010, 11:46 AM

I conceived after my 1st postpartum period. They are MZ twins so not 2 eggs popping out.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#5 of 9 Old 11-15-2010, 06:02 AM

I conceived my twins while nursing my 15mo old.  I had a weird pp cycle with no ovulation and long bleeding time and then conceived the twins

Rachel
Mommy to DS13, DS12, DS7, DD5, DD3, and twin GIRLS : born at home in the water on 12/18/09
#6 of 9 Old 11-15-2010, 10:14 AM

I conceived my MZ twins while nursing my 15 month old. My periods had returned when my daughter was 9 months old.

Catholic homeschooling mom of 5 - a teenager, a kindergartener, twin boys and a tiny princess. Follow the Adventures! 

#7 of 9 Old 11-16-2010, 08:07 AM

I conceived DZ twins when DD1 was 14 months old (and nursing A LOT).  My periods had come back at four months PP, however.

#8 of 9 Old 11-30-2010, 06:57 AM

I am 24 weeks pregnant now with MZ twins and never even got my pp period after delivering my son who is now 8 months old.  DS was exclusivly Breastfed and I found out I was pregnant and quite shocked to say the least.

Sonja (37), Scott (40), Brandon born on St Patricks day 3/17/20102
#9 of 9 Old 11-30-2010, 04:59 PM

I got pregnant with MZ twins while nursing a singleton and then got pregnant with MZ twins while nursing MZ twins.  I had only had a handful of cycles at all since having my first child.

Heather, Army wife & Mama to M (10), J (9), L & S (my HBAC babies are 7!), N & R (5), and A (born 11/30/12 UBA2C)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page