•Pregnant w/ Multiples• •Nov/Dec Chat• - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 53 Old 12-18-2010, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I ended up delivering at 33 wks 6 days for high blood pressure/ HELLP syndrome.   I had to have a c/s because baby A was breech (as she has been all along) and she was in distress.  They only  had to stay in the hospital for 1 week and are now home with me. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 53 Old 12-18-2010, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

congrats on the births, sorry it was for issues that pushed the timing, but its wonderful that they are home with you.

let us know if you post a birth story. 

do you have names and dates for us to post and celebrate?

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#33 of 53 Old 12-19-2010, 02:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Checking in! 30 weeks ! FEeling rough. Had terrible contractions again since thursday so finally went to labor and delivery yesterday, got monitored, nothing is going on. B/p holding at 102/69, drinking tons of fluids, babes are great. A is head down B is breech again, her head is killing me. I am on terbutaline for the remainder of the preg. I cant do anything without contracting. They said since I was so small to begin with, and the babes are growing apparently rapidly  now, that my body is having a hard time adjusting. So on moderate bed rest now or if I go back to l and d they put me in the hospital!!!!!! That would totally suck. SO I am going to have to try to take it easy which is sooooo hard for me!! A weighs almost 3 pounds and b weighs 3 pounds 6 ozs as of last wednesday. Going back to dr wed for GD test.

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#34 of 53 Old 12-19-2010, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Adorkable~ View Post

becky, thankfully i can tell you from my own belly they still have time to turn, my baby B the little boy turned back head down at 32 weeks and I'm so proud of him, cause boy it must be tight in there! recently my girl (baby a) rotated face out, so I'll be working with her to swing back facing my spine where she has been so well since 18 weeks. she seems to hate this position as well and has been squirmy for the first time ever, so I'm thinking her and i have the same goal.

charis4, welcome, I'll add you in a sec. glad to have you in the thread!

AFM- 34w2d and got DX'd with Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy on Monday after spending the last week plus being driven insane by an itch that has been really confusing mostly because it had no rash and no apparent pattern or cause. http://www.itchymoms.com/ has great info if your curious. 

the whole thing seems pretty scary and i had to really calm myself down Monday night, but I'm armed with way more info now and doing all the right steps so we will take it one day at a time now.

I'm still working on sorting the facts enough to know if this changes my HB plans.

Adorkable I feel really bad that you are going through this. I hope your doctors have something that can help. Mine started at 29 weeks and it was horrible. The lack of sleep made me feel like a lunatic. I ended up going off work at 32 weeks. Because the blood tests were negative for me, I just got offered a bunch of creams and ointments that didn't help at all. On the other hand because the blood tests were negative nobody questioned me about having a homebirth. I was pretty emotional at the thought of giving that up. Both of my children were born at 36w6d and 36w5d so I didn't have to worry about going to long. What have your midwives had to say?

Did any of you have much anxiety about losing one of the babies?

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#35 of 53 Old 01-01-2011, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Roxanne Freyja & Daxton Ambrose were born on December 27th at 6:30am and 6:44am weighing 5lbs3oz and 5lbs10oz respectively.

They were right at 36 weeks gestation and were wonderfully healthy. (both had Apgar scores of 8 then 9 and their 1 and 5 min checks)

Everyone is tucked in safe and sound at home learning life together. We ended up at the hospital at 7cm dilated, something in my felt i was supposed to be there, which was a big deal for me since i had really felt i would never want that, but i found out once i got there that my BP had shot thru the roof and i was spilling tons of protein and my liver panel was off the charts, after never showing a single sign of it i developed a really rapid and sever case of Eclampsia or something, I'm glad that it got taken care of, though the help for that cause a chain of other issues which stalled my up till them really impressive labor. i spent 24 hours in the L&D before finally getting to 10 and finally having a wonderful really amazing vaginal birth.

I'm still on BP medication and feeling good, babies and I are home after close to 4 days of getting watched, no NICU.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#36 of 53 Old 01-01-2011, 06:20 PM

Congratulations!!  They are lovely.  Good for you for listening to your intuition, and hooray for a vaginal birth.  It must be nice to be home again.

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#37 of 53 Old 01-01-2011, 07:32 PM

Congratulations Adorkable! I was wondering if maybe your babies had come over the holidays. I'm so glad that everything went well and you were able to bring them home so fast! Enjoy your little ones!

#38 of 53 Old 01-01-2011, 07:45 PM

Crashing....

Did any of you pregnant with twins have different pregnancies than with you singletons?

I really have no reason to think I might have twins in there, but an elderly man today told me that I am going to have twin boys(I don't know the man, and he didn't know I was pregnant even! freaky!) He said that the holy spirit told him. Twins also run on my side of the family, and my FIL has been tempting fate by saying I would have triplet boys! Lol.

I haven't had an u/s yet, and probably won't for a little bit, so I'm just curious if there are things you can look for! :)

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#39 of 53 Old 01-01-2011, 09:51 PM

congrats adorkable! i love their names...crazy about what happened...so you planned to homebirth and then decided to transfer? cant wait to hear what life is like w/ two newbs...xo.

becky.
mama to m (3/96), o (8/07), p (5/09) and our twins: r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) 

#40 of 53 Old 01-02-2011, 11:00 PM

Congratulations, Adorkable!  What a great thing that you listened to your gut and went to the hospital.  I'm glad you were able to have a great vaginal birth and are now safely at home with your precious babies. :-)

love4bob, yes my pregnancy was different, which is why I suspected twins in the first place - not only because my 8yo told me I was carrying twins.:-)  I was *incredibly* fatigued in the first trimester - beyond anything I've ever experienced before in my life.  I felt my uterus sooner, and noticed baby movement on the sides of my uterus rather early, which seemed odd to me, since if there were one baby it ought to have been in the middle, and not way over on the side.  I also had nearly constant migraines for a while.  Other than that, it was mostly fundal height increasing too quickly for GA.  HTH!

#41 of 53 Old 01-03-2011, 06:47 PM

I am sooo struggling with birth decisions right now!  I'm 30 weeks today.  Babies are growing really well and really closely.  Deep in my heart I just want to stay home.  The plan with my midwives is if I go into active labor at home that I will stay at home, because of my birthing history to attempt to go to hospital would be foolish.  The OB we are seeing is one of the best, as far as willing to deliver twins/breeches vaginally, not routinely suctioning or immediately cord clamping, intermittent monitoring, etc. etc.  I am really comfortable with her.  But, in order to guarantee having her on call, I have to induce...which would also allow us to plan IV abx for the GBS which caused a UTI earlier in my pregnancy (how's that for alphabet soup?).  My midwife would accompany us, which means that there will be someone in the room when A comes flying out. LOL  That particular hospital seems really comfortable with my midwives, too, so when she inevitably catches A it won't necessarily cause her political flack, I hope.  And the OB assures me that my requests for newborn care (or basically keep your **** hands off my babies) will be honored.  But, it's still a hospital birth, and they have the control.  I have to figure out what to do with the rest of the kids.  It just seems so complicated for what will probably be a straight forward birth.

#42 of 53 Old 01-04-2011, 02:02 PM

Mylilmonkeys, sorry you feel at such odds with making a decision.  I do think that often these things work themselves out in time, and lets hope you do still have time!:-)

My issue at the moment is having not prepared for the babies at all.  We're all caught up in remodeling our master bath, which I really, really want finished this month - by the week after next if at all possible!  But we still need to divide a bedroom into two, and buy dressers, set up the changing table, buy more diapers, and do something about clothes.  I've got nothing for them but a "two peas in a pod" costume set my SIL sent me for Christmas.  I'm beginning to hope that my sister feels led to have my baby shower before the birth, in other words - soon!, so that I can have at least some things ready for them.

#43 of 53 Old 01-04-2011, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mylilmonkeys, i had a similar struggle and in the end my gut really told me where i was supposed to be, you have the benefit of neither option sounding too bad, my hospital was looking far far worse and my midwife could have never stepped in the door.  so sorry you are struggling now,  just a vote of reassurance that it will turn out just as it should.

Hope4six, ahahha our favorite quote around here these days is "And Then I Went Into Labor" we had all these things to do and then i went into labor, we had nothing that fit them since they were so small, nothing set up for them to sleep in or anything. dont even get me started on the nursery, glad i didn't plan on them sleeping in there for a long time, cause it is not even finished with the painting!

but they are here now and we just do a little everyday, and my dh is getting really good at shopping for baby items!

#44 of 53 Old 01-05-2011, 07:26 PM

Well, I finally decided to do as thorough of a search of the statistics on birthing complications with twins as possible, and discovered that no one really has any idea how often cord prolapse occurs, abruption in the one relevant study I could find was only about 1% and had all sorts of co-variables that had nothing to do with me.  Dh supports either decision but told me we should just plan to stay home.  I don't want to take a nonchallant attitude about the possibilities, but I'm thinking staying home is the best plan.  I feel much more at peace today.  I'm nesting terribly, and making room to stock up my birth supplies.  This better NOT be followed by "and then I went into labor" because it is much too early yet!

Hope4six - I feel like all I have been doing all pregnancy is getting ready for babies!  And there is still so much to do.  I don't have a room for them, but there is a cosleeper/sidecar that is only half built, our bathroom that needs to come closer to a state of finished, storage to be made for baby clothes....  I do have lots of diapers sewn, covers knitted, a second mei tai sewn, and we should have plenty of hand-me-downs, but they all need washing and sorting.  Yikes.  10 more weeks....

#45 of 53 Old 02-08-2011, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

i had my twin boys they were born january 26th weighing 7 and 6 lbs , the first twin was born at home in water and the second twin was delivered via c-section .

Mother to  Joaquin 10-13-00ribboncesarean.gif , Israel 9-5-2008 hbac.gif Judah 01-26-11hbac.gif Jax 01-26-11ribboncesarean.gif
#46 of 53 Old 02-09-2011, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

congrats Chula! I'm guessing there is a pretty interesting story about the time between Judah and Jax! great names btw, realy nice!

#47 of 53 Old 02-09-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula13 View Post

i had my twin boys they were born january 26th weighing 7 and 6 lbs , the first twin was born at home in water and the second twin was delivered via c-section .

Congratulations! Those are great names. I'd love to hear about it when you want to share.

#48 of 53 Old 02-11-2011, 07:58 AM

Congratulations!!  I'd love to read the story, too.  Especially since I'm planning a home birth, but trying to decide if I should stay in my home, rather far from the hospital, or use someone else's home in close proximity to the hospital...  

#49 of 53 Old 02-26-2011, 05:21 AM

Well it looks like all of our babies are girls! That will make five total for us. I think my dh is in shock. He loves little girls, but ours are such drama queens its scary. I'm 18w and so far all is good. My cervix measured 4 cm and I'll be off work soon. I'm on vacation this week and then one more week of work. I can't wait to be able to lay on the couch every day!!!

#50 of 53 Old 02-26-2011, 06:27 AM

Congratulations!  Five little girls!  I think that might be a lot for any husband to handle. LOL  We have four boys and two girls so far (we don't know genders of the twins) and I can relate to the drama from the X-chromosome camp.  

#51 of 53 Old 02-26-2011, 07:58 AM

just wanted to update that my girls were born

rowan bee 2/14

lennox aileen 2/15

both born at home, both complete breech. rowan into water, lennox on the bedroom floor. :)

becky.
mama to m (3/96), o (8/07), p (5/09) and our twins: r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) 

#52 of 53 Old 02-27-2011, 05:35 AM

congratulations, Becky!

#53 of 53 Old 02-27-2011, 02:59 PM

Congratulations! That sounds like and exciting birth! Enjoy your little ones!

I am excited about having five girls, it should be crazy but fun. My oldest dd is disappointed not to get a brother. Now we have to think of names. We have Audrey & Sophia so far and need one more.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page