•Pregnant w/ Multiples• •Nov/Dec Chat• - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 53 Old 11-19-2010, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since Butterflies is I'm sure blissfully busy with her newborns i figured i would update the thread for what is probably the last months i can before I'm busy with mine.   Congrats again to Butterflies and her baby boys!

Pregnant with Multiples Chat

Here is list of all our growing and born multiples, and of course we invite all the BTDT moms to chime in whenever they fell like being helpful! 
Most of us chat in our various DDCs, but this thread gives a chance to band together in the special ins and outs of growing more than one! 

Anyway, please add yourself or update things as you know them.

Let us know any of the following and more, welcome!!

• Name? (if you feel like it)

• You and maybe your partners age at the birth?

• Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both?

• What number of kids will is be for you?

• Genders? Will you be finding out?

• EDD and or planned birth timing? 

• State you live in?

• Anything else you want to share?

Pregnant Multiple Mommies!
Born! (or assumed if they never came back to share)

Queenofchaos Babies Born 7/2/10 ... 7th & 8th Children 
Birth StoryOur two peas in a pod!

September
Chabela_t Isabel EDD 9/2 ... 2nd & 3rd Children 
Di/Di ... Age at birth 27, DH 34 ... Location FL

lindsay t BORN 9/27 35w3d ... 2nd & 3rd ...
Di/Di ... Age at birth 32, 38 ... Location OH
Birth Infomy twins are here!

October
susan13 EDD 10/11 ... 2nd & 3rd Children 
Di/Di ... Age at birth 37, DH 42 ... Location IL

SashaBreeze Sasha BORN 10/13 35w0d ... 6th & 7th Children 
Age at birth 32
Birth StoryConnor & Seamus hospital preemie vaginal birth

mauri456 Sara EDD 10/18 ... 2nd & 3rd Children  & keeping it that way
Di/Di probably, with possible fused placenta ... Location VA

medicinemansgirl BORN 10/30 40w2d ... 9th & 10th Children 
Di/Di, her second set!

November

JuneBug CS planned 11/9 EDD 11/19
butterflies Amy BORN 11/16 38w3d ... 3rd & 4th Children 
Mo/Di

annettemarie Annette BORN 11/23 EDD 12/6 ... 5th & 6th Children 
Di/Di ... Age 38 at birth ... Location PA
Birth Story: (Looking forward to more info)

Still Growing...

budwana birth Carolyn EDD 11/?? ... 2nd & 3rd Children  
Mo/Di
KellyTTC#1 Kelly EDD 11/30 ... 1st & 2nd children 
Di/Di ... Age at birth 33, DH 40 ... Location Ontario, Canada

December
aurinia Allison EDD 12/15 ... 3rd & 4th Children personally 1st & 2nd with DH 
Age at birth 34 ... Location NY

turnquia Amanda EDD 12/17 ... 3rd & 4th Children 
Di/Di ... Age at birth 25, DH 26

a-o-t-e Linda EDD 12/?? ... 3rd & 4th Children  & keeping it that way
planning an UC ... Location NSW, Australia
rachel7628 EDD 12/31 ... 2nd & 3rd Children 
Di/Di ... Age at birth 35, DH 32 ... Location UT

January
Almi   EDD 1/1  1st and 2nd 
Mono/Di ... Age at Birth 21 DH 27 Location...ND
Planning UC

NP2B Rikki EDD 1/20 ... 2nd & 3rd Children 

Marisgirl EDD 1/6/11 ... 3rd & 4th Children 

•Adorkable• EDD 1/24/11 ... 1st & 2nd Children 
Di/Di ... Age at birth 36, DH 40

February
abeecharmer Sarah & Pregnant Partner EDD 2/4/11 2nd & 3rd Children 

Coco99 & Pregnant Partner EDD 2/14/11 ... 1st & 2nd Children 
Di/Di Possibly MZ? time will tell ... Age at birth 34 & 33

Chula13 Delma EDD 2/14/11 ... 3rd & 4th Children (5th&6th for DH) 
Age at Birth 31, DH 40 ... Location NV

Strong Mama EDD 2/??/11 ... 3rd & 4th Children 
Age at Birth 35?

March
ladydodson Becky EDD 3/7/11 ... 4th & 5th Children 
Di/Di ... Age at Birth 35, DH 34 ... Location CA

mylilmonkeys EDD 3/14/11 ... 7th and 8th  
DI/Di.... Age at Birth 33, DH 35... Location Upper Midwest

April
Hope4six EDD 4/2/11 ... 6th & 7th Children 
Di/Di ... Age at Birth 36, DH 35 ... Location WI

elf EDD 4/?? ... 2nd & 3rd Children 
Di/Di ... Age at birth ??

Nanette56 EDD 4/8/11 2nd & 3rd Children 
Di/Di  Age at Birth 30, DH 32 ... Location FL

babygrey EDD 4/15/11 ... 3rd & 4th Children 
Di/Di ... Age at birth 30, DH 30 ... Location UT

J's Mombee EDD 4/17/11 ... 2nd & 3rd Children 
Di/Di ... Age at Birth 30 & 33 

Liora EDD 4/19/11 ... 2nd & 3rd Children 
Di/Di ... Age at birth 35, DH 36 ... Location OH

June
anonyma EDD 6/2/11 ... 1st & 2nd Children 
   ... Age at Birth 37, DP 36 ... Location PA

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#2 of 53 Old 11-19-2010, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

just did a bunch of updating, please let me know if there is anything that needs to be added for your listing, or if you have info on any of the other ladies. there is a handful that i am going to assume had wonderful births and i moved them to that section since they never came back and posted as such.

i love to link to birth stories if i can find them!

If you are in some of the newer DDC and have other twin mommies popping up, please let them know about this thread!

AFM- 30w4d and i need a support strap or something, but otherwise doing pretty good. i think i have finalized on my choice to have a home birth and have been collecting the folks i need for that. Baby A my girl is still blissfully way way head down and hasn't budged since 17 weeks, so thats great, baby B my little squirmy boy has been breach this week, but flips a lot and im not worried about him, everyone that im dealing with, even the back up hospital is ok with a breach B

BH are getting strong, i assume im going to know when they are something else beside what they are now, my cervix is good and closed.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#3 of 53 Old 11-19-2010, 12:23 PM

I can flesh out my own information smile.gif

My official EDD is 6/2/11.  I'll be 37 at the time of the birth, and my partner will be 36.  The twins will our 1st and 2nd children, and it's too soon for us to know gender (I'm not sure we'll decide to find out).  We live in PA.

#4 of 53 Old 11-24-2010, 11:54 AM

Hey ladies, just crashing so you can send some healing vibes Annette's way.

Matthew and Molly made their appearance yesterday and are doing well in the hospital nursery but Annette is recovering in the ICU right now.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#5 of 53 Old 11-24-2010, 07:11 PM

#6 of 53 Old 12-01-2010, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

wow 32w2d and counting!

the great news this week came in handfuls,

• Baby B our boy finlly flipped back to head down! so both babies are happy snuggled in and spending their day playing footsies with each other, it is pretty fun to watch!
  • was ask to take a 24 hour urine colection to look at my protein, since i had one ua come back a tad high. 24hr test came back #138 which is aparentyl wonderful!
  • BP has been awesome at 120/80, so good they keep thinking the machine is wrong
  • Blood suger which i have been checking with a meter at home has not given me any reasons for concern and the OB i see seems happy too and has not asked for a OGTT, so im happy i seem to duck that hassle
  • we are week 2 of hypnobabies class and even though we are starting a bit too late things are smooth and so far i like it.

the big stresses were actually about my midwife and the nagging feeling that i was not with the right one, so i just finished switching, boy that was crazy making and im so glad it is over. i am using a lady that has birthed about 50 sets of twins and i think im her 9th or 10th this year alone! so the homebirht is moving forward and i feel sooooo much better about getting that settled. it was very hard to call my original midwife up today and "break up" with her, but it was the right thing to do for me and i have really only seen her once, since i have been letting my military OB do most of my prenatal care.

how is everyone else doing?

So glad to hear that Annette is home, so wonderful

#7 of 53 Old 12-03-2010, 06:46 AM

Can you update the list for me?  I'm having BOYS!

I'm glad your BP is so good Adorkable!  Mine gets so high sometimes because of stress so the meditation is helping me.  I'm doing the Hypnobabies Twins meditation (I don't have the complete course) and other pregnancy meditations (where I substitute "babies" when they say "baby"!)

Liora - wife to Pete, IVF miracle DD babygirl.gif (2.11.09) 11 year Infertility survivor! FET miracle TWIN boys babyboy.gifbabyboy.gifborn 2/28 at 32 weeks and growing strong in the NICU.
#8 of 53 Old 12-03-2010, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

congrats of the boys Liora! your DD will have good company!

i just downloaded the two twin tracks from hypnobabies, (i am doing the full course) havnt listen to it yet, but i just love that when my DH reads my the other main tracks he always replaces "your baby" with "our babies" , i think sometimes my favorite part of listening to the tracks is hearing him say that over and over!

#9 of 53 Old 12-05-2010, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

ok i just have to say that with both babies head down i feel like the front part of my pelvis is going to pop off and fall on the floor! wow can we say pressure?!

#10 of 53 Old 12-06-2010, 09:41 AM

It's a relief to know they're both head down, though, right, adorkable?wink1.gif  I don't know how I'd handle both being head down toward the end.  It's hard even with one baby!

#11 of 53 Old 12-06-2010, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

yeah what a relief! hahhhaa actually it is , im just now back to looking and some very strange belt things and wondering what might work to help me wadle around for the next handful of weeks?

i have this belt Gabrialla-Maternity-Support-Belt and for the most part like it, i usually loosen it whenever i'm sitting or it puts a tad to much on my bladder. and yesterday when i needed to walk and was hurting really low in the pelvis i put it on a lot lower than i usually do and it seem to do a counter pressure that was nice.

now im wondering what other belt things are like to wear and if it is want i could really use, anyone wear one of these? http://prenatalcradle.com/v2.htm

just seems like counter pressure is possible just what is good, any thoughts form ladies that have come before me?

#12 of 53 Old 12-07-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Adorkable~ View Post

ok i just have to say that with both babies head down i feel like the front part of my pelvis is going to pop off and fall on the floor! wow can we say pressure?!

I have spent the last month with both babies trying to occupy the left side of my uterus.  Talk about pain!  They pulled my pelvis apart at the left sacroiliac joint to the point I could barely stand, much less walk.  FINALLY, baby B settled into the right side and 2 days later, no more pain at the sacroiliac.  Just normal low back, and my usual SPD pain.  Those, I can deal with.  Seriously, the other was so bad I was in tears and wondering how I'd even make it to 30 weeks, much less term.  So, yeah, carrying twins not a comfortable experience, especially for experienced moms whose joints are already all stretched out. Ugh. 

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#13 of 53 Old 12-07-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Adorkable~ View Post

yeah what a relief! hahhhaa actually it is , im just now back to looking and some very strange belt things and wondering what might work to help me wadle around for the next handful of weeks?

i have this belt Gabrialla-Maternity-Support-Belt and for the most part like it, i usually loosen it whenever i'm sitting or it puts a tad to much on my bladder. and yesterday when i needed to walk and was hurting really low in the pelvis i put it on a lot lower than i usually do and it seem to do a counter pressure that was nice.

now im wondering what other belt things are like to wear and if it is want i could really use, anyone wear one of these? http://prenatalcradle.com/v2.htm

just seems like counter pressure is possible just what is good, any thoughts form ladies that have come before me?

I have one very similar to the one you have, but it has another strap that goes up above the belly.  I wear mine really low, around my hips and butt, to squeeze those loose joints back together, usually without the extra strap.  I don't think I'd like the lower straps on that model you linked.  Seems like it would rub uncomfortably. 

#14 of 53 Old 12-07-2010, 04:36 PM

Im 29 weeks and they are both head down now!!yay! The pressure sucks, but its better than both of them breech, their heads in my ribs were killing me and also the kicking on my bladder was terrible. Im not wearing any belt, I tried but I found it caused me more round ligament pain. Im pretty excited they are head down, ive been working on turning them for two weeks. I feel like crap. My sinuses are terrible, and I cant breathe ever.

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#15 of 53 Old 12-07-2010, 05:38 PM

I have the prenatal cradle and it is great.  Since it goes over your shoulders like a "belly bra" it really lifts some of the pressure off the pelvis and the killer SPD.

Liora - wife to Pete, IVF miracle DD babygirl.gif (2.11.09) 11 year Infertility survivor! FET miracle TWIN boys babyboy.gifbabyboy.gifborn 2/28 at 32 weeks and growing strong in the NICU.
#16 of 53 Old 12-07-2010, 07:21 PM

• You and maybe your partners age at the birth? 30 & 33

• Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? Di Di

• What number of kids will is be for you? 2 & 3

• Genders? Will you be finding out? Boy/Girl

• EDD and or planned birth timing? EDD: April 17

• Anything else you want to share? I am so excited :)  I was so glad to hear that there would be at least 1 girl in the mix :)  I am currently 21 weeks pregnant & looking forward to meeting the little beans in a few months.

Our eldest DC is 4 years old.

I am a WOHM & I am becoming too tired to continue to use public transportation, even though parking is way too expensive in the downtown area

of my city.

I am beginning to have frequent bouts of feeling faint when I am thirsty or have walked for more than 10 minutes.  Has anyone else experienced   

anything like this faint feeling around this time period in their pregnancy?

Mom to 7-year old DS1 carrot.gif, 2 year old DD joy.gifand DS2 surf.gif

#17 of 53 Old 12-07-2010, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

i look at he one that goes over the shoulders and i keep thinking it would just drag down my shoulders and make my back hurt, is that not the case?

do you ladies think that any of these belt could hard good positioning? maybe squeeze them out of the pelvis?

#18 of 53 Old 12-07-2010, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome J's Mombee, yeah i have gone thru points were i just could not drink enough water to feel good, and i drink a lot!!!!  aslo protein levels would really effect how i felt, a good shake would nearly always improve the day.

i"ll add you to tthe list, glad to have you here!

#19 of 53 Old 12-08-2010, 07:15 PM

OMG I can't believe I just saw two heartbeats today on the u/s. I'll be seven weeks tomorrow! I'll definitely be back tomorrow night to read a LOT more.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#20 of 53 Old 12-08-2010, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats Leslie!!!!!!!! welcome to the "club" looking forward to hearing more about you

#21 of 53 Old 12-09-2010, 10:29 AM

Welcome, Leslie!

#22 of 53 Old 12-09-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liora View Post

I have the prenatal cradle and it is great.  Since it goes over your shoulders like a "belly bra" it really lifts some of the pressure off the pelvis and the killer SPD.

I've been wondering about that one.  It looks more comfortable and convenient to wear than others.  I can't use the toilet without taking the belt off, which is annoying.  But I'm not sure the band under the belly will really support long term.  What do you think?  Will it work well as you get close to term, or do you foresee needing firmer support?  

#23 of 53 Old 12-09-2010, 01:34 PM

• Name? (if you feel like it) Jen

• You and maybe your partners age at the birth? 32 and 37

• Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? di/di

• What number of kids will is be for you? 4 and 5

• Genders? Will you be finding out? Boy and Girl

• EDD and or planned birth timing? April 10

• State you live in? ID

• Anything else you want to share? I'm apparently going to be fighting irritable uterus. It started early last week. It seems so early. . . I'm almost 23 weeks and I've basically been in bed for over a week. Whenever I stand and sometimes even when I just sit, my uterus gets rock hard and stays that way until I'm down again. Or when I have to go to the bathroom, or a baby flips, or I get stressed out about something. . . so even though the doc doesn't seem quite as concerned about it, I'm really taking it easy. Again, it's just SO early, and I want to keep these little critters right where they are for as long as possible. Has anyone else dealt with this?

I'm also wondering how often your providers are seeing you, and when it changed to more     frequent visits.

#24 of 53 Old 12-10-2010, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome Jen!
For me I was not seen any extra till after 28-30 weeks, then it switched to every two weeks but know that I think about it maybe singletons get seen like that as well? I'm almost 34 weeks now and they have not talked about seeing me any more than this. I'm also getting full but quick u/s with measuring every 4 weeks it seems as a separate appointment by the prenatal assessment center and on my next one at 35 weeks I start my NST. I do not know the frequency that they will ask of that, sure I'll find out soon.

#25 of 53 Old 12-10-2010, 11:43 AM

Thanks! That helps! :)

#26 of 53 Old 12-10-2010, 12:28 PM

IdahoMom, I, too, have dealt with an irritable uterus.  Something that I've found works for me, that you might want to try if you haven't already, is a calcium/magnesium supplement.  Taking that every day has really cut down on the number of contractions I've been getting with this pregnancy.  I started having bouts of contractions at 18 weeks with this pregnancy (my 6th), and although the cal/mag worked to stop them, I can prevent most of them by taking the stuff daily.

So far I have not been seen more than normal by my HCPs.  I'm going to be having a total of three ultrasounds, though, which is more than usual for me.  I imagine it doesn't differ too much unless there are issues to keep an eye on, like twin-to-twin, or, towards the end, bad positioning for birth.  I suppose some providers might automatically put twin moms on a different schedule just because there are more variables that can go wrong, but that hasn't been the case in my particular instance.

HTH!

#27 of 53 Old 12-10-2010, 01:31 PM

• Hi! I just wanted to introduce myself!

•  

• You and maybe your partners age at the birth? 30 and 37

• Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? tri/tri/tri

• What number of kids will is be for you? 4, 5, and 6, but 3rd pregnancy

• Genders? Will you be finding out? a boy and 2 girls

• EDD and or planned birth timing? March 31st but we'll be plenty happy if we get to February

• State you live in? ID

• Anything else you want to share? I'm a birth doula and Hypnobabies instructor (although I probably won't be able to attend births for quite a while!) and I teach cloth diapering classes. I've got a 16yo dsd and 4yo and 2yo ds's. I'm planning a vaginal birth for the triplets unless there is a medical contraindication. So far things have been great and healthy and everything looks good, but I'm slowing down FAST!

•  

• I scanned a few of the previous posts, I see that adorkable is doing Hypnobabies! Let me know if there's anything I can help you with. I have a friend/Hypnobabies student who had her twins without meds a few months ago, the nurses were amazed that she actually fell asleep at 8cm. One actually said "Are you DROOLING?!" :) She said it was a great experience and soooo much better and more comfortable than her singleton, unmedicated birth a couple years before. :)

•  

• I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys!

•  

me(31)dh(38) dsd(18) ds1(5) ds2(3) GBG triplets (turned 1 in Jan '12!)

Hypnobabies Instructor and Birth Doula, PM me with questions!

#28 of 53 Old 12-12-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilmonkeys View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liora View Post

I've been wondering about that one.  It looks more comfortable and convenient to wear than others.  I can't use the toilet without taking the belt off, which is annoying.  But I'm not sure the band under the belly will really support long term.  What do you think?  Will it work well as you get close to term, or do you foresee needing firmer support?  

I'm not positive of course, but it feels very supportive.  The bigger I get the more it lifts (because it is "catching" more belly under it?).

And Adorkable asked about the shoulders.  I find it actually improves my posture.  I want to slouch because I feel so heavy but this keeps my shoulders back (it might not "keep" them back but just remind me to?)

#29 of 53 Old 12-14-2010, 11:02 PM

hi everyone! long time no post, i know...

adorkable! yay on finalizing your plans for a hb...i have, as well. i found a really great midwifery group/birth center out of los angeles that just coincidentally started working with a renown obstetrician who is a huge advocate for natural/home/vbac birth...he has recently left hospitals all together and is now doing home and birth center birth...he has TONS of breech and multiples experience...

anyways, this frees up the midwives' licensing to attend my hb...and gives me a real sense of safety.

i see a lot of us are talking about positioning...my little girls have been flipping about. two weeks ago, they went from vertex/breech to vertex/vertex in just two days...then yesterday they were breech/transverse...though i think i felt baby a flip last night...lots of kicks in my cervix, though...so im sure at least one of them is still breech...

28w2d...i'd be ok if they wanted to just flip head down and stay that way for the remainder of my pregnancy...haha. a breech a would risk me out and i'd have to do my hospital back up...but that's not going to happen, the girls and i have been discussing it. :)

anyone else feel huge?

my weight gain has been pretty steady...i think ive at least gained 34lbs if not more...

swelling a bit and feeling tired more and more...but still feel good. not quite ready to be finished being pregnant...i always miss it when its over.

becky.
mama to m (3/96), o (8/07), p (5/09) and our twins: r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) 

#30 of 53 Old 12-15-2010, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

becky, thankfully i can tell you from my own belly they still have time to turn, my baby B the little boy turned back head down at 32 weeks and I'm so proud of him, cause boy it must be tight in there! recently my girl (baby a) rotated face out, so I'll be working with her to swing back facing my spine where she has been so well since 18 weeks. she seems to hate this position as well and has been squirmy for the first time ever, so I'm thinking her and i have the same goal.

charis4, welcome, I'll add you in a sec. glad to have you in the thread!

AFM- 34w2d and got DX'd with Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy on Monday after spending the last week plus being driven insane by an itch that has been really confusing mostly because it had no rash and no apparent pattern or cause. http://www.itchymoms.com/ has great info if your curious. 

the whole thing seems pretty scary and i had to really calm myself down Monday night, but I'm armed with way more info now and doing all the right steps so we will take it one day at a time now.

I'm still working on sorting the facts enough to know if this changes my HB plans.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page