Do twins *drop?* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-22-2010, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Do twins drop like a singleton pregnancy does?I swear over the last few days, my belly is hanging lower, I can breathe,and am feeling INCREDIBLE pressure when I move or walk that I wasnt experiecing before. I already know twin a is so head down in my pelvis you can barely see her on the u/s but b was breech last week and head up in ribcage. I cant feel the head there anymore, ive been trying to get her to turn for a week now. i just feel so much better up top there near my lungs, i was wondering if twins drop too.

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 12-22-2010, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my midwife was just checking me today for this, and everyone that deals with me and is used to twins says they totally drop, baby A acts in many ways like a singleton, at least that is what i keep getting told.

my baby A has not dropped yet, but that is good in my case since she is still sunny side up, i'd really like to get her to rotate before she get stuck further down!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#3 of 8 Old 12-22-2010, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

At least in my case. Baby A engaged, which I'm pretty sure is all "dropping" is. So yes. :)

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#4 of 8 Old 01-21-2011, 03:59 PM

Dear God, I hope so! I seriously don't know how much longer I can deal with this rib pain! It would be nice if baby A would TURN first, though.  If that's not going to happen and I end up with a c-section anyway, I wish they would just drop already!

Mom to Owen, 7/14/06
Expecting twins after 2+ years of IF, failed IVF and FET ~2/2010
#5 of 8 Old 01-21-2011, 04:05 PM

mine did when cash "engaged" butt down. but then he moved back up. he ended up doing that a couple times (including in labor). it was ridiculous.

Mama to Jet 6/05, Marvel 8/06 and Cash and Fox 2/09
Expecting Ada Marianne 11/14
#6 of 8 Old 03-02-2011, 02:00 PM

How far along are you? I was wondering if twins dropped, but I'm not there yet - only 25w2d.

#7 of 8 Old 03-02-2011, 03:08 PM

Funny enough, the Baby on my left has always been lined up in my pelvic brim, but the babe formerly known as B has now dropped into my pelvis.  Both head down, thank goodness!

ETA: I'm 38 weeks and baby just dropped in the last couple days.

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#8 of 8 Old 03-11-2011, 01:00 PM

I think it's different in that there is so much baby in there that Baby A drops much earlier and is already in the pelvis.  I was asked this towards the end of my pregnancy and I really couldn't feel a difference, it felt like Baby A had already been there for weeks!

Married to my love love.gif since 08/12/10, mama to E REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif04/06/01 and twin girls M and Z slingtwin.gif 01/08/11

We are a  slingtwin.gif  familybed2.gif cd.gif   nursex2.gif family!  Expecting #4 and #5 in September - what a surprise!

User Tag List