Digestive woes in final stretch, is this common? And what do you eat? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-28-2010, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am 32 weeks. For the last week my stomach is doing super crazy noises, gurgles, I have been burping nasty sour burps, was constipated but drank some coffee and it really cleared me out, my TMI poop is dark green. I was feeling quite ill for a few days, I didnt throw up but just felt yucky sick. Today I feel better, but I have only eaten 2 pieces of toast, some french fries, and waffles. Its almost 6pm. I am starving,but afraid to eat any type of meat or fish or veggies or anything really because once I eat my stomach gets all gurgly and I feel miserable. This is the best I have felt in a week due to not eating and resting my stomach. BUT I AM SO HUNGRY. What did/do you eat at 8 months pregnant with twins?Are these issues normal?

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#2 of 5 Old 12-28-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Mama View Post

I am 32 weeks. For the last week my stomach is doing super crazy noises, gurgles, I have been burping nasty sour burps, was constipated but drank some coffee and it really cleared me out, my TMI poop is dark green. I was feeling quite ill for a few days, I didnt throw up but just felt yucky sick. Today I feel better, but I have only eaten 2 pieces of toast, some french fries, and waffles. Its almost 6pm. I am starving,but afraid to eat any type of meat or fish or veggies or anything really because once I eat my stomach gets all gurgly and I feel miserable. This is the best I have felt in a week due to not eating and resting my stomach. BUT I AM SO HUNGRY. What did/do you eat at 8 months pregnant with twins?Are these issues normal?

I think it's extremely common. I was that way with my twins, too-- starting at about 30 weeks. It was like morning sickness all over again, in a way. As far as I could figure out, the main issue was that the twins take up so much room that the stomach doesn't have much room left, which leads to it being generally upset and unhappy. The only way I managed to cope was to eat very small meals, very frequently-- I wound up basically grazing all day, and then left food next to my bed so I could graze a bit during the night, too. I ate tiny little bits, concentrating on high-calorie, high-protein stuff like full-fat yogurt, whole milk, peanut butter, and fish-- combined with the starchy stuff that seemed to settle my stomach down a little. I relied a LOT on milk, at this stage-- it went down a lot easier than solid food did. I was drinking about a half-gallon a day for awhile, in tiny half-cups.

I think this is one of the reasons they advise mamas of twins to gain a lot early on-- because gaining weight becomes so challenging in the last few months, when it's hard to even eat enough to stay the weight you are.

FWIW, it gets better-- or at least it did for me. Around 35 weeks, the twins settled into a lower position, and suddenly my stomach was a bit happier. The worse seemed to be from about 30 to 34 weeks.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
#3 of 5 Old 12-28-2010, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply...my twins are already at the lower place LOL so I dont know I guess this is as good as it gets for me!!! I am thinking I had a bug or something, but I didn't throw up because I was taking zofran.

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#4 of 5 Old 12-29-2010, 09:42 PM

Have you tried papaya enzymes? I'm 27wks with triplets and measuring full term which means all sorts of heartburn and other digestive issues. Its helped me so much to take a few after big meals or at the times of day when it tends to be the worst. I hope you're able to find something that works for you. :) 

me(31)dh(38) dsd(18) ds1(5) ds2(3) GBG triplets (turned 1 in Jan '12!)

Hypnobabies Instructor and Birth Doula, PM me with questions!

#5 of 5 Old 12-30-2010, 08:16 AM

I'm almost 30 weeks now, and also dealing with digestive upset.  Part of my problem is dairy intolerance, but I'm craving dairy, too.  Protein shakes help, when I'm feeling hungry but really not up to eating another bite of solid, heavy food.  I have to be careful of my dairy balance, though.

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page