When did your twins STTN? - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: When did your babies sleep through the night?
Under 6 months 0 0%
Between 6 months to 1 year 1 12.50%
1 year to 1.5 years 1 12.50%
1.5 years to 2 years 1 12.50%
2 to 3 years 3 37.50%
Over 3 years old - Are you kidding me? I'm still waiting for this to happen! 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-02-2011, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok Mamas...I need to know.  When did your babies start sleeping through the night?  DD1 was able to STTN when she was close to 3 years old.  No sleep training, and we were unsuccessful with Elizabeth Pantley's method.  She just matured sleep-wise.

At 5 years old, she still wakes up but now walks over to the master bedroom to sleep with DH (I'm still sleeping in the nursery with the twins - double bed, one crib...we usually end up in the bed together).

The twins wake numerous times, and sometimes have 2-3 hour night wakings.  This is going to kill me as I go back to work in 3 weeks. 

Just curious as to when I *could* possibly get a full night's sleep :)

Mommy to Katherine (June '05) , Calvin (born an angel on January 25, 2009 at 29.5 weeks gestation) , and Samuel and Sabrina (December '09)
#2 of 10 Old 01-02-2011, 08:36 PM

when they were weaned, at around 2.5 years. though at 5, one still gets up in the night to come to the big bed with me, dh and baby brother. 

sorry, i know that is discouraging. i don't know how we survive the first year, i really don't! BUT WE DO! and so will you.

~helen~ mama to 5 yo twins jonas and micah and my 2 yo baby boy eli
#3 of 10 Old 01-03-2011, 11:58 AM

I remember it was really late with DD1 and as recent as 3 months ago, she was still regularily joining us in bed around midnight to 3am.  Now at 4.5 years, she sleeps all the way thru.  However, she's been pretty easy since around 3 when wakings started to occur only for potty breaks.  We also didn't sleep train or night wean.

My babes are around the same age as yours.  There is the occasional night when one or the other will sleep all the way thru.  However, I have yet to have both of them sleep all night on the same night.  :)  So, I think there may be a ligth at the end of the tunnel, but we're not there yet.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#4 of 10 Old 01-03-2011, 02:39 PM

mine are two now. it's a lot better. they don't STTN but i feel ok and can tell them no milk if i can't face it thumb.gif

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

#5 of 10 Old 01-04-2011, 05:02 AM

I nightweaned at around 2 years of age so they STTN for the most part.  We cosleep with them so I am very aware of them moving around and they have moments of wakefulness but it's much better than when they were younger and I had to wake up more to nurse.

Karen - spouse to dh for 11 years, mama to ds (Nov '02), dd (May '05) and ds and dd (Jun '08)

#6 of 10 Old 01-04-2011, 11:07 AM

DD1 was two months old. Yeah, I know...

DD2 (one twin) was a little past a year old. But I encouraged her, by nightweaning her and moving her to a crib. She was always a decent sleeper-- by the time she was nine months old, she was only nursing twice at night.

DS (the other twin) will be four in a few weeks, and still doesn't sleep through the night, if by that you mean that he doesn't need help getting back to sleep during the night. He sleeps in his own bed, in a room with his sisters. But at least once a night, and usually two or three times, he comes wandering in looking for help-- he needs tucking in, or to have his covers straightened, or some water, or just a kiss and a hug. I don't mind it so much. As a baby he couldn't sleep worth a fart-- never gave me more than three hours EVER, and usually woke to nurse every twenty to forty minutes all night long. So I feel like we've come a long way.

Anyway, I voted 12 to 18 months, which is when DD2 slept through easily. There wasn't the chance to pick two options, and my twins are so different in this.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
#7 of 10 Old 01-04-2011, 01:45 PM

They were 2 years old (right around their birthday, and it only happened because I nightweaned them. I had to because I was losing my sanity! My older child STTN at 1 year, on her own, so I guess you never know what age it will happen.
#8 of 10 Old 01-04-2011, 04:49 PM

I nightweaned my two first, then fully weaned at 19 months. They slept through the night somewhere around there.  Now DD shares a room in a crib with her older sister, and DS shares a room in a crib with his older brother, and they both usually sleep all night. Hang in there!

Sunshine, wife and mom of 6...with b/g twins in '09
#9 of 10 Old 01-04-2011, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your replies!  There seems to be a common theme - night weaning.  I don't think I'm ready to do that yet...so, I might have another year of non-sleep jaw2.gif

Alternatively, I could drink a gallon of coffee, then pump it out when I'm at work (hahahahaha)

Thanks Mamas!! 

Mommy to Katherine (June '05) , Calvin (born an angel on January 25, 2009 at 29.5 weeks gestation) , and Samuel and Sabrina (December '09)
#10 of 10 Old 01-07-2011, 06:28 PM

I was waking my twins every 2.5 hours to feed for the first 8 months.  As soon as they went to on demand feeds, they started STTN (6 hours).  They were 12 weeks early and failure to thrive for the first 13 months. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page