Pregnant with Multiples Chat for January 2011 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 30 Old 01-06-2011, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just noticed that Adorkable had her babies!  Congrats to her!  I hope no one minds if I take a stab at being our PwMC updater for a month?

Pregnant with Multiples Chat

Here is list of all our growing and born multiples, and of course we invite all the BTDT moms to chime in whenever they fell like being helpful! 
Most of us chat in our various DDCs, but this thread gives a chance to band together in the special ins and outs of growing more than one! 

Anyway, please add yourself or update things as you know them.

Let us know any of the following and more, welcome!!

• Name? (if you feel like it)

• You and maybe your partners age at the birth?

• Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both?

• What number of kids will is be for you?

• Genders? Will you be finding out?

• EDD and or planned birth timing? 

• State you live in?

• Anything else you want to share?

Pregnant Multiple Mommies!
Born! (or assumed if they never came back to share)

Queenofchaos Babies Born 7/2/10 ... 7th & 8th Children 
Birth StoryOur two peas in a pod!

September
Chabela_t Isabel EDD 9/2 ... 2nd & 3rd Children 
Di/Di ... Age at birth 27, DH 34 ... Location FL

lindsay t BORN 9/27 35w3d ... 2nd & 3rd ...
Di/Di ... Age at birth 32, 38 ... Location OH
Birth Infomy twins are here!

October
susan13 EDD 10/11 ... 2nd & 3rd Children 
Di/Di ... Age at birth 37, DH 42 ... Location IL

SashaBreeze Sasha BORN 10/13 35w0d ... 6th & 7th Children 
Age at birth 32
Birth StoryConnor & Seamus hospital preemie vaginal birth

mauri456 Sara EDD 10/18 ... 2nd & 3rd Children  & keeping it that way
Di/Di probably, with possible fused placenta ... Location VA

medicinemansgirl BORN 10/30 40w2d ... 9th & 10th Children 
Di/Di, her second set!

November

JuneBug CS planned 11/9 EDD 11/19
butterflies Amy BORN 11/16 38w3d ... 3rd & 4th Children 
Mo/Di

annettemarie Annette BORN 11/23 EDD 12/6 ... 5th & 6th Children 
Di/Di ... Age 38 at birth ... Location PA
Birth Story: (Looking forward to more info)

budwana birth Carolyn EDD 11/?? ... 2nd & 3rd Children  
Mo/Di
KellyTTC#1 Kelly EDD 11/30 ... 1st & 2nd children 
Di/Di ... Age at birth 33, DH 40 ... Location Ontario, Canada

December
aurinia Allison EDD 12/15 ... 3rd & 4th Children personally 1st & 2nd with DH 
Age at birth 34 ... Location NY

turnquia Amanda EDD 12/17 ... 3rd & 4th Children 
Di/Di ... Age at birth 25, DH 26

a-o-t-e Linda EDD 12/?? ... 3rd & 4th Children  & keeping it that way

planning an UC ... Location NSW, Australia
rachel7628 EDD 12/31 ... 2nd & 3rd Children 
Di/Di ... Age at birth 35, DH 32 ... Location UT

January

•Adorkable• EDD 1/24/11 ... 1st & 2nd Children 
Di/Di ... Age at birth 36, DH 40 - Born Dec 27th at 36weeks 0days

Hope4six EDD 4/2/11 ... 6th & 7th Children 
Di/Di ... Age at Birth 36, DH 35 ... Location WI - My little guys were born 1-14-11.  Lucas was born at 3:51p.m., and David was born at 3:53p.m.  Lucas weighed 3lb., 1.4oz., and David weighed 3lb., 6.7oz.

Still Growing...

January

Almi   EDD 1/1  1st and 2nd 
Mono/Di ... Age at Birth 21 DH 27 Location...ND
Planning UC

NP2B Rikki EDD 1/20 ... 2nd & 3rd Children 

Marisgirl EDD 1/6/11 ... 3rd & 4th Children 

February

abeecharmer Sarah & Pregnant Partner EDD 2/4/11 2nd & 3rd Children 

Coco99 & Pregnant Partner EDD 2/14/11 ... 1st & 2nd Children 
Di/Di Possibly MZ? time will tell ... Age at birth 34 & 33

Chula13 Delma EDD 2/14/11 ... 3rd & 4th Children (5th&6th for DH) 
Age at Birth 31, DH 40 ... Location NV

Strong Mama EDD 2/??/11 ... 3rd & 4th Children 
Age at Birth 35?

March

ladydodson Becky EDD 3/7/11 ... 4th & 5th Children 
Di/Di ... Age at Birth 35, DH 34 ... Location CA

mylilmonkeys EDD 3/14/11 ... 7th and 8th  
DI/Di.... Age at Birth 33, DH 35... Location Upper Midwest

April

elf EDD 4/?? ... 2nd & 3rd Children 
Di/Di ... Age at birth ??

Nanette56 EDD 4/8/11 2nd & 3rd Children 
Di/Di  Age at Birth 30, DH 32 ... Location FL

babygrey EDD 4/15/11 ... 3rd & 4th Children 
Di/Di ... Age at birth 30, DH 30 ... Location UT

J's Mombee EDD 4/17/11 ... 2nd & 3rd Children 
Di/Di ... Age at Birth 30 & 33 

Liora EDD 4/19/11 ... 2nd & 3rd Children 
Di/Di ... Age at birth 35, DH 36 ... Location OH

June

anonyma EDD 6/2/11 ... 1st & 2nd Children 
   ... Age at Birth 37, DP 36 ... Location PA

Liora - wife to Pete, IVF miracle DD babygirl.gif (2.11.09) 11 year Infertility survivor! FET miracle TWIN boys babyboy.gifbabyboy.gifborn 2/28 at 32 weeks and growing strong in the NICU.
#2 of 30 Old 01-06-2011, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

I of course lost all the emoticons showing sex!  I'll update those as soon as I can.

Liora - wife to Pete, IVF miracle DD babygirl.gif (2.11.09) 11 year Infertility survivor! FET miracle TWIN boys babyboy.gifbabyboy.gifborn 2/28 at 32 weeks and growing strong in the NICU.
#3 of 30 Old 01-07-2011, 02:10 AM

Wow I am 33 weeks..the babies weigh each 4 pounds 6 oz as of wednesday. I am now going to the dr twice a week. One u/s on Mondays and monitoring on Thursdays. I am miserable. Cant sleep. Hurt all the time. Feel super heavy. Other than that, feeling okay. Got everything ready, just waiting!

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#4 of 30 Old 01-07-2011, 11:00 AM

• Name? (if you feel like it) Leslie

• You and maybe your partners age at the birth? 36 & 38

• Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? Not really sure yet. We have two in one sac with a membrane and the third in another sac. We haven't seen the placentas yet. Hopefully there are enough to go around

• What number of kids will is be for you? #3,4 & 5

• Genders? Will you be finding out? Absolutely

• EDD and or planned birth timing? Trying not to make too many plans, hoping to carry these babies as long as possible.

• State you live in? Canada

•  Anything else you want to share? I'm pretty terrified of PTL. I have a septate uterus, which didn't cause me problems with my dd's could have contributed to them being born at 36+5 and 36+6. I don't want these littles ones coming out until they are well cooked!

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#5 of 30 Old 01-11-2011, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliesara63 View Post

• Name? (if you feel like it) Leslie

• You and maybe your partners age at the birth? 36 & 38

• Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? Not really sure yet. We have two in one sac with a membrane and the third in another sac. We haven't seen the placentas yet. Hopefully there are enough to go around

• What number of kids will is be for you? #3,4 & 5

• Genders? Will you be finding out? Absolutely

• EDD and or planned birth timing? Trying not to make too many plans, hoping to carry these babies as long as possible.

• State you live in? Canada

•  Anything else you want to share? I'm pretty terrified of PTL. I have a septate uterus, which didn't cause me problems with my dd's could have contributed to them being born at 36+5 and 36+6. I don't want these littles ones coming out until they are well cooked!

What month should I put you in?

I'm 27 weeks and still throwing up!  Only once or twice a week which is a great improvement but I still keep waiting for it to stop.  :(

I have my 1 hour glucose test tomorrow.  Crossing fingers that I pass just so I don't have to have that argument with my OB.

How is everyone else?

#6 of 30 Old 01-11-2011, 04:22 PM

31 weeks and nesting like crazy.  I think we have our bedroom arranged to my satisfaction with the sidecar dh built all ready to go.  I've gotten all the diapers washed and sorted.  I need to start working on clothes.  I've got most of my birth kit gathered, but I need to get a second heating pad.  Babies are doing great, but the placenta that is anterior is making it difficult to get heart tones on Baby A.  I have a prenatal with the midwife on Friday and my next U/S with the OB is in a couple weeks.  I'm really doubting Baby B is going to turn, but a breech doesn't really bother me.

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#7 of 30 Old 01-11-2011, 06:49 PM

27 weeks with my boy/girl twins. I'd been on modified bedrest for 6 weeks. Now I'm on strict bedrest because my cervix has thinned to 2cm. Actually that was last Friday, but a trip to L&D yesterday for too many contractions and they measured it at 2.4. Still thin, but better! Doctor hopes I'll get past 30 weeks. I'm hoping for 32.

#8 of 30 Old 01-12-2011, 06:03 AM

34 weeks here and doing good. Just not sleeping,that and the horrible pressure down there when I walk are my only complaints. All is good w babies. Have u/s every Monday, so this past monday saw the hair on the babies heads!! One has more hair than the other, and they were both breathing very good. IDK how much they weigh, they wont weight them again for another 2 weeks, if I make it to then.lol DTD twice yesterday and my mucus plug clomped out at 3am it was HUGE and yucky looking. I feel very nesty, although I have been pretty much this whole pregnancy, its worse now, like I am rushing. Everyhting is done but now I find things to do.lol Poor dh. My hubby has been absolutley WONDERFUL throughout this whole pregnancy,it was so nice to have  apregnancy like that.I am going to miss being pregnant but this is it for me. DH is going to have a vasectomy soon. We have so much stuff for the babies being given to us, its amazing. I am just counting down the days now, excited and scared at the same time!

#9 of 30 Old 01-12-2011, 09:01 AM

Thanks for taking the thread!

Just an update, mine were born on Dec27th at 36weeks0days, will post a link to the birth story later. At least two of the other Jan ladies have birthed as well, will get the info from my DDC and bring it over too.

Welcome new ladies!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#10 of 30 Old 01-13-2011, 12:10 AM

32wks here...feeling ok! lots more swelling than i would prefer (hate fat ankles!) and my carpal tunnel is annoying as all get out. the only other complaint is heartburn and fatness...but its almost over...and that makes me sad. i doubt we'll be adding to our family any more than this...so i am grateful for this pregnancy and how easy it really has been so far.

had a growth scan on tuesday and found that both girls are still breech. b is bigger than a, noticeably...all i need for my homebirth is a vertex baby a...so ive been doing some inversions and just kind of trying to talk her into flipping here soon.

passed my 1hr glucose test, which ive never taken before...feeling accomplished about that. 

got a lot of stuff to get together still. need to start sewing diapers. a friend is throwing us a shower on the 22nd...

in the home stretch!

becky.
mama to m (3/96), o (8/07), p (5/09) and our twins: r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) 

#11 of 30 Old 01-13-2011, 10:09 AM

Sending you some turning vibes!!  Yeah, the weight thing is really getting me.  I feel so heavy and huge and slow.  Thank goodness it's only temporary.  I hope the weight comes off fairly easily with breastfeeding.  

#12 of 30 Old 01-18-2011, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Adorkable~ View Post

Thanks for taking the thread!

Just an update, mine were born on Dec27th at 36weeks0days, will post a link to the birth story later. At least two of the other Jan ladies have birthed as well, will get the info from my DDC and bring it over too.

Welcome new ladies!

Oh Congrats!!!  Your profile pic melts my heart!!!

Everyone sounds like they are doing great!  My complaints are all about me - babies are great!!

#13 of 30 Old 01-19-2011, 06:46 PM

Please update my info.My little guys were born 1-14-11.  Lucas was born at 3:51p.m., and David was born at 3:53p.m.  Lucas weighed 3lb., 1.4oz., and David weighed 3lb., 6.7oz.

#14 of 30 Old 01-19-2011, 07:30 PM

Wow!  Congratulations.  How is everything?  

#15 of 30 Old 02-01-2011, 04:43 PM

Well, it's no longer January, but this thread is pretty short yet. LOL

I had a great scan last week, 33 weeks.  Found out, to my shock, that baby B had flipped to vertex, so they are both head down.  I knew there was a lot of commotion in there the three days leading up to the scan, but I just thought they were finally getting on each other's nerves.  These two sweet things are really mellow, on the whole.  But, no, it was B turning and everything's gone back to usual since.  I was still getting the heart beat in the same location, so B basically flipped but didn't move location.  Their estimated weights were 5lbs 7oz and 5lbs 3oz, which I'm pretty stoked about.  Especially since my weight gain has slowed to about a pound a week.  I just don't have much capacity anymore. LOL  I'm 34 weeks today, so I figure another 2 weeks I'll be pretty comfortable with our home birth plans, but the scheduling works so much better if they wait until 39 weeks.  

#16 of 30 Old 02-01-2011, 05:13 PM

Hi there ladies!  I just "found" my twins three days ago at my 18 anatomy scan! 

• Name? (if you feel like it) Sarah

• You and maybe your partners age at the birth? I am 32 and my hubby is 36

• Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? Fraternal with seperate everythings so I am assuming Di

• What number of kids will is be for you? 3 and 4

• Genders? Will you be finding out? They are boys.  
  •  
  • EDD and or planned birth timing? I was due around the first of July but I am keeping an open mind now!

• State you live in? Texas

• Anything else you want to share? We are so excited and overwhelmed at the same time.  I have two other boys (5 and 3).  We are planning for a home birth.
#17 of 30 Old 02-02-2011, 09:40 AM

Congratulations, Sarah!  Did you have any inkling before the scan?  We normally don't do U/S at all, but I had enough unusual symptoms that I insisted on an U/S at 19 weeks to confirm.  We're 34 weeks now and also planning home birth.  Welcome!

#18 of 30 Old 02-02-2011, 10:18 AM

welcome sarah! i cant imagine being surprised like that...we found out at 6wks...haha. though it was still a huge shock and continues to freak me out periodically and im already 35 wks.

im SO jealous of you ladies with flipping babies...i keep thinking mine will follow suit, but every scan they're still just in the same position...

my hb team is ok now with a breech twin A...but i have my own reservations to work through, i guess....she's just the smaller of the two and has her sister's head pinned up against her head...just seems like the possibility to turn is getting slimmer and slimmer every day.

luckily, there are some spinning babies workshops in my area this week and ive been invited to come be a model...im not really being aggressive about my inversions...sigh.

i am pretty lazy these days. swollen. sore. i feel OK...but i can tell the home stretch is gonna be more rough than i have experienced in other pregnancies.

becky.
mama to m (3/96), o (8/07), p (5/09) and our twins: r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) 

#19 of 30 Old 02-02-2011, 02:33 PM

I had a very small inkling in the back of head buried way down deep but never voiced because they don't run in my family (i now know that doesn't matter much).  I was charting when I got pregnant and when I interviewed my midwives she thought I was sick really early at 4 weeks and said it could either be a girl or twins or I was way off on my dates.  So, I never got an early ultrasound. 

I have been really sick and really tired all pregnancy long but there was nothing that could not just be brushed off to this being my third pregnancy. 

#20 of 30 Old 02-02-2011, 07:02 PM

I couldn't really start eating until about 18 weeks, and then, look out!  But that really tired, yeah, I don't think that so much goes away.  I don't know how the ladies who work manage.  If I have to load my toddler into the car too many times in one day, I'm done.  

#21 of 30 Old 02-03-2011, 11:06 PM

37 weeks today.babies weigh 7 pounds + each........just waiting.

#22 of 30 Old 02-07-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Mama View Post

That sounds great!

I'm almost 16 wks and look about 6-7 mths already! I've only gained 10lbs so far but am doing my best to eat lots. I already feel like I don't have much room for food though. Everything seems fine so far. I go back at the end of the month for another u/s (and hopefully to find out the gender!!) and then every two weeks after that.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#23 of 30 Old 02-08-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Mama View Post

Nice big babies!!!! Yay!

31 +5 today. I have a peri appointment on Thursday, so I'll have some weights then. I'm sure they're well over 4 pounds by now, they've stayed above average weight since the beginning, so hopefully they'll stay there! Next week I'll do my first NST, though they're moving around just fine. Hopefully they'll switch from transverse to vertex in the next few weeks- THAT has me stressin' right now. Just started Hypnobirthing, so hopefully that will help :)

Hope everyone's doing well!

xoxoxo

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#24 of 30 Old 02-08-2011, 12:55 PM

• Name? (if you feel like it) Mari

• You and maybe your partners age at the birth? 29 and29

• Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? Mono-di

• What number of kids will is be for you? 2nd and 3rd

• Genders? Will you be finding out? both girls!

• EDD and or planned birth timing?  born at 37 weeks 0 days.  Induced Amaia vaginal and Elena c-section

• State you live in? MA

• Anything else you want to share?  Just b/c you are carrying mono-di doesn't mean anything will go wrong.  I worried my whole pregnancy for nothing.  They were 6 pounds and 6.4 at birth
#25 of 30 Old 03-03-2011, 06:33 PM

• Name? (if you feel like it) 
     Julie
  • You and maybe your partners age at the birth?
    I'll be 33; he'll be 47.
  • Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both?
    Dizygotic.
  • What number of kids will is be for you?
    First and second, for both of us.
  • Genders? Will you be finding out?
    A boy and a girl. - We found out yesterday!
  • EDD and or planned birth timing? 
    EDD August 16th.  I'm hoping to get there - or to August 1st.
  • State you live in?
    Illinois
  • There are days I'm really daunted by this (being so tired, now), but we're also overjoyed at having two.  Also, I've rarely been as surprised as I was to see the two tiny babies, at 9 weeks.  :)

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

#26 of 30 Old 03-04-2011, 01:27 PM

Our twins arrived yesterday, 3/3/2011, at 38w3d.

Lucy - 7lbs 12oz, 19in at 3:35pm

Lily - 6lbs 8oz, 20in at 4:44pm

#27 of 30 Old 03-04-2011, 07:54 PM

amazing congrats!!!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#28 of 30 Old 03-10-2011, 05:45 AM

Ummm, jumping in here...found out yesterday I'm pregnant with twins, and I'll admit I'm scared to death! Help me, LOL!

♦ Name? (if you feel like it) Mollie

♦ You and maybe your partners age at the birth? Me - 35, DH - 42, we both have October birthdays

♦ Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? What???

♦ What number of kids will is be for you? #7 & #8

♦ Genders? Will you be finding out? Yes, we'll find out!

♦ EDD and or planned birth timing? EDD October 23rd

♦ State you live in? Minnesota

♦ Anything else you want to share? I'm scared out of my mind!

#29 of 30 Old 03-10-2011, 10:09 AM

• Name? (if you feel like it) Joy

• You and maybe your partners age at the birth? Joy: 35, DH: 41

• Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? Di/Di

• What number of kids will is be for you? #2 & #3

• Genders? Will you be finding out? Boy/Boy

• EDD and or planned birth timing? June 13, 2011

• State you live in? Georgia

#30 of 30 Old 03-31-2011, 05:34 PM

• Name? (if you feel like it) Kat

• You and maybe your partners age at the birth? me 30, DH 32

• Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? ??

• What number of kids will is be for you? 4 and 5

• Genders? Will you be finding out? don't know yet, but should find out soon

• EDD and or planned birth timing? late August or early September 2011

• State you live in? WA

• Anything else you want to share?just found out today, I guess this explains why I have been so tired!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page