when did your breech twins turn? or did they? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-21-2011, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my girls are breech...if not breech/transverse and i'd love to hear stories about late flipping babies...just about 34wks and starting to feel like my home birth plans may be thwarted should baby a decide to stay in her butt first/slouchy transverse position.

also, any tips for being able to tell WHEN/IF they flip...how to tell the difference between a head and a butt...and what kicks or punches feel like, if different.

i'd swear i'd never been pregnant before with all of these questions, but twins makes it a whole new ballgame!

becky.
mama to m (3/96), o (8/07), p (5/09) and our twins: r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) 

#2 of 10 Old 01-22-2011, 07:31 PM

A head "bounces" when you press it, while trying to wiggle a butt wiggles the whole body of the baby.  The hard part, I have found with this twin pregnancy, is figuring out which head goes with which body. LOL  I usually use my fetoscope to find FHTs to verify which is which.  I have Baby A head down and Baby B breech, but their heads usually line up straight up and down my belly.  B's on the right and heart tones are always found high, with A on the left and if I can find heart tones around his/her anterior placenta, are below my belly button.  

I wish you luck and prayers that your babes will turn so you can home birth!  

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#3 of 10 Old 01-22-2011, 09:20 PM

I'm 33w tomorrow and no luck.  I've tried EVERYTHING but am resigned to the fact that I'm probably going to end up with a csection.  I grieved about it for a while but am now focusing on how I can make it bearable for me. The one OB in town known as THE breech delivery guy said no because it's twins (and I think b/c I did IVF). 

Quote:
butt first/slouchy transverse position.

This totally describes my baby A :)

I can feel their heads and they're always in the same place (confirmed by ultrasound to be head, but it just confirmed what I knew)  All the kicks I feel are down low.  All the "alien belly" movement is below my belly button.  I get occasional bumps up high, but not the big limb movement.

Mom to Owen, 7/14/06
Expecting twins after 2+ years of IF, failed IVF and FET ~2/2010
#4 of 10 Old 01-23-2011, 07:00 AM

don't give up hope yet..... it was about that time that my twins turned.   they were breech/transverse and  every other possible combo other than something for a happy vag birth.  

i did let go--- accepted that whatever was going to happen would happen.... i talked to my babies alot and told them they knew the best way to come (but that mama of course would get a c if they needed it but that head down was a better way most of the time).   i also did ALOT of walking.   we went to busch gardens and walking up all of those hills (yes i did think i might put myself into labor...wooops, but it didnt happen)  i think did the trick for baby a- she flipped to vertex.   baby b was still flippy but my doc didnt care what b was.  she did eventually turn to vertex too.    of course after a came out, b turned again to transverse - but my ob - who sounds alot like yours (the breech guy..lol) turned her easily and out she came.... so i just wanted to give you a glimmer of hope. 

as far as the breech a - i know its been done and probably gone great, but i had already personally decided that if a was breech - she was telling me something.  i also had a prior c/s so this was a vbac for twins.   i read ALL of the literature out there and most of it did not support a breech a.   however, that was me... i was already not exactly the best candidate for a vag birth anyhow.   so hang in there...trust your babes to know the best way to come.   i know for me once i let it all go, it seemed to all fall into place.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleOsMom View Post

I'm 33w tomorrow and no luck.  I've tried EVERYTHING but am resigned to the fact that I'm probably going to end up with a csection.  I grieved about it for a while but am now focusing on how I can make it bearable for me. The one OB in town known as THE breech delivery guy said no because it's twins (and I think b/c I did IVF). 

Quote:
butt first/slouchy transverse position.

This totally describes my baby A :)

I can feel their heads and they're always in the same place (confirmed by ultrasound to be head, but it just confirmed what I knew)  All the kicks I feel are down low.  All the "alien belly" movement is below my belly button.  I get occasional bumps up high, but not the big limb movement.

#5 of 10 Old 01-23-2011, 12:41 PM

My daughter was head down almost the entire time... but my son he flipped almost daily from vertex to breech.  Even at 39w+ he was still turning (confirmed by ultrasound as he flipped in the middle of my NST...)  He was born and weighed 7lbs 4 oz and his sister was 7lbs 12 oz.  I still cannot figure out how in the heck he managed to turn... so don't give up hope they can still turn!

Mama to a zoo!
#6 of 10 Old 01-23-2011, 07:40 PM

i was really anxious that my baby a was breech for most of the last trimester. he did move around alot though. when i went into the hospital in labor at 36 weeks 5 days they did an ultrasound and he was head down. yay! then two days of putsy labor and he came very suddenly - butt first. so he had flipped in labor at some point.

Mama to Jet 6/05, Marvel 8/06 and Cash and Fox 2/09
Expecting Ada Marianne 11/14
#7 of 10 Old 01-25-2011, 12:37 PM

Mine were transverse for most of the pregnancy but when I arrived in labour at 32 weeks I had one oblique breech (twin a) and one breech (twin b).

i went all fours and swayed, took pulsatilla and PRAYED!!! for a good hour. twin A made it to fully breech (midwife could feel his scrotum orngbiggrin.gif) so we continued (very gratefully) with vaginal births for them both in breech positions.

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

#8 of 10 Old 01-25-2011, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

thank you for all of your replies. i started seeing a chiropractor today for adjustments/webster...and already i can feel where he aligned my hips on the right side...and adjusted my round ligament...and the babies are moving a LOT more than im used to. i have good feelings about it!

mauri, i am also a vbac mama...have had two hbac's and a c section (almost 15 years ago)...

aja-belly likes this.

becky.
mama to m (3/96), o (8/07), p (5/09) and our twins: r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) 

#9 of 10 Old 01-28-2011, 08:22 AM

^^^  that's great news!

My twin A breech flipped at 36 weeks and moved to B position.  I had tried everything and finally gave up after a few weeks... then the morning after I gave up, I woke up, belly was in a different position, and both were vertex.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#10 of 10 Old 02-01-2011, 01:12 PM

Found out last week that our breech B has flipped at 33 weeks!

aja-belly likes this.

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page