"thin uterus" diagnosis during twin cesarean - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-23-2011, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi folks.  It's been a LONG time since I've posted in the multiples forum, and I'm sorry I haven't been part of the regular discussion.  Here's a question and some background.  TIA!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I vaguely remember being told during my cesarean for the twins that my uterus was very thin - like parchment paper.  I've heard that called a "thin uterus," "a thin lower uterine segment," "window," and perhaps even "dehiscence."

I'm wondering if twin mamas who get a cesarean are told that (thin uterus or some other variation), or if it appears in surgical records more commonly in cesareans performed on multiples mamas??

In my case, I gestated my twins to nearly 39 weeks at which point my baby A broke her water with her feet.  I did labor a bit in the hospital (probably 3hrs start to c/s) as we waited for a last minute ultrasound and for a surgeon to arrive.  My cervix was MIA when the nurse tried to check me - owie.  My twins were 7lb5oz and 5lb3oz, and didn't need any NICU time.  I think I was measuring 45+ weeks fundally by the end there.

I guess I'm just wondering if I'm more prone to this thin LUS diagnosis, or if other multiples mamas who had cesareans have heard this too.

I'd GREATLY appreciate LOTS and LOTS of responses.  I'm preparing to HAB2C probably in early July!!

All best to you amazing multiples mamas!!

Kimberly, mom & wife - blogging.jpg about pregnancy and birth
DD 2004; 3 angel1.gif babies 2007-08; rainbow1284.gif twin DDs 2009; DD 7/12/11 hospital uhoh3.gif VBAC bouncy.gifafter 2 cesareans!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2011, 04:44 PM

I've never heard of that before. Nobody mentioned the condition of my uterus after either of my sections, with my singleton and with my twins. I hope you find an answer, though-- I love the way they just drop these little statements, without explaining what they mean and what the implications are.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
Old 04-11-2011, 09:21 PM

I just came across this and was trying to find more info on this for years! I delivered my twins over 5 years ago and during my c-section my doc said the same thing to me. That I had a thin part of the uterus, probably where one of the babes were rubbing up against a bone or something. I am now pregnant with a singleton, a week overdue at that, and preparing for an HBA2C. My first was a HB transport because of posterior position and prolonged labor. The twins were both breech an 34w. both around 5lbs. 

I am using a MW that gets parallel care from the doc who delivered my boys. He never got the report from the hospital and I have tried to get it several times and they keep sending the wrong reports. We wanted to look it over and see exactly what he dictated. We never did and he is still supporting my HBA2C. This was a very big concern for me as far as rupture goes with subsequent pregnancies. Both MW and doc are on board so I feel confident. 

I could not find any info on this topic AT ALL for years, I wish i could give your more info. i will let you know how this birth goes though and maybe give you some confidence in your body to heal itself. it is a muscle after all it does regenerate. 

User Tag List