Donating Plasma while nursing twins? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 02-26-2011, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sorry, I tried to read through and see if there was a topic like this and couldn't really find what I was looking for, so I hope I am not repeating anything. I kinda really need the extra $200 a month. It never would have crossed my mind before the boys were a year old, but now that they are 16 months and only nursing like "maybe" twice a day (sometimes only once...then again every now and then, 3xs) times TWO of course, I figured it would be fine. I don't seem to have any milk supply issues (and haven't since they were newborns), but then again...I want to stop nursing when THEY are ready to stop nursing, and I would feel horrible if it was because my milk supply diminished or disappeared because I donated plasma. I would feel a bit selfish. (Even though the money is to help us stay afloat!). I have read a lot of recommendations for BLOOD donating, but not so much for PLASMA donating, cause from what I remember, they are actually putting your blood back into your body (along with an anti-coagulant) so I don't know that it would be the same as donating blood anyway. And, I'm fairly certain that they don't "technically" let you donate if you are BFing, haha. I was kinda hoping to "not mention it". Anyone have any ideas or thoughts?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page