Just found out I'm pregnant with twins! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 03-11-2011, 04:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm shocked and scared out of my mind, to say the least! This will be #7 & # 8 for us. I'm looking for any good book recommendations, advice, or just some hugs! It still hasn't sunk in yet, but I'm still early in my pregnancy (almost 8 weeks). I'm surprised DH is as excited as he is, it's almost funny!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 03-11-2011, 05:27 AM

O.M.G!!!  Mama!  I am so happy for you.  I saw this in new post and almost fell off my chair!  I know how hard it has been for you this past year, and I will be praying for you DAILY!!!!!  HOW EXCITING!!!!!!!  I might be as excited as your DH! 

SUCH WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!  YIPEEEEEEEEEEEE

#3 of 10 Old 03-11-2011, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Awww, thank you! It's been a long, tough year for me for sure! Thank you for the prayers, I'll need as many as I can get!

#4 of 10 Old 03-11-2011, 11:47 AM

Congrats!  Mothering Multiples by Karen Gromada was one book I would definitely recommend. 

Married to my love love.gif since 08/12/10, mama to E REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif04/06/01 and twin girls M and Z slingtwin.gif 01/08/11

We are a  slingtwin.gif  familybed2.gif cd.gif   nursex2.gif family!  Expecting #4 and #5 in September - what a surprise!

#5 of 10 Old 03-11-2011, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Holy Hannah, Mollie, I just saw this. Congratulations!!!! I am thrilled for you.joy.gif

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#6 of 10 Old 03-11-2011, 04:19 PM

It's overwhelming, isn't it? I remember being so excited, and terrified, and worried, and like a zillion other things, all at the same time. (And I only had one other child...)
hug2.gif

and

joy.gif

I would really recommend Mothering Multiples, and also the Barbara Luke book-- what's it called again? Somebody here has got to remember. Congratulations!!!!

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
#7 of 10 Old 03-11-2011, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What to Expect When Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads (or something like that). I can't remember if you're in the states, but if you are I have a copy I can send you. I listed it on PBS but no one is biting, LOL!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#8 of 10 Old 03-12-2011, 03:45 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the book rcommendations! Our library does not have them, so I'll be looking on eBay or Amazon for cheap, used copies.

Llyra - yes, the emotions are overwhelming!

Annette - I'm going to PM you!

#9 of 10 Old 03-12-2011, 08:09 PM

you can also look into your local parents of multiples club, they often have a lending library of pregnancy books, plus they are going to be great folk to know!

and congrats!!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#10 of 10 Old 03-13-2011, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

OK BTDT ladies, are there any websites you'd recommend? I'm going to have to wait to buy books, but if there's any websites that I can read in the meantime, I'd appreciate it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page