Pregnant w/ Multiples Chat Thread March/April - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: What number children is this for you?
1st & 2nd 6 24.00%
2nd & 3rd 10 40.00%
3rd & 4th 6 24.00%
4th & 5th 1 4.00%
5th & 6th 1 4.00%
6th & 7th 0 0%
7th & 8th 1 4.00%
8th & 9th 0 0%
9th & 10th 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 52 Old 04-17-2011, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dear abbey View Post

We had an ultrasound today (the midwives and doctors at our practice do one at every visit now for twins, which seems weird to me...something about not being able to properly tell whose heartbeat is whose with the doppler). I'm a little concerned about the frequency of the u/s, but it was nice that they kept it short and that we got to see the babies again. They look like babies now, not like hamsters any more (which is kind of what they looked like before!). The u/s tech was able to tell that Baby A is a girl (yay!), but Baby B seems to have chosen to remain shrouded in mystery at this point. We weren't expecting to be able to find out until next month, anyway, so this was a neat (early) surprise.

Our 2 1/2 year old son has decided that the baby sister will be named "Candy Bar" and the other baby (which he says is a boy) will be named "Chocolate."

Somehow, knowing even one of the genders makes it all feel a little more real to me. I'm still not sure how I'm going to handle it all...but it seems less abstract today. They're both still in there and will eventually come out, whether I feel ready or not! Aacck!

Aww, congrats on Baby A being a girl! LOL, my 4 yr old DD thinks the names of ours will be Tootsie Roll & Lollipop! I'm hoping to have an U/S every visit, or every other visit. I'm still a bit paranoid about something going wrong; not that there is, I feel completely fine most days except for the extreme tiredness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainebirdgirl View Post

Abbey,

Congrats on the girl!! It must be nice knowing a little more. I had been relatively ambivalent about finding out genders until I found out about the twins. Now I'm itching to know! I'm done with surprises in this pregnancy. Are you settling in to the idea? Cute that your son has names for them and sounds engaged.

Leslie, I can only imagine how especially with triplets you want to get to a 'safety' zone when they can make their appearance without too much concern. Is it hard to keep up with your older two? 

AFM, I'm still sick. STILL SICK! Still puking nearly every day, and really exhausted. I'm 14.5 weeks, and I really thought I'd be more functional by now. I'm getting incredibly anxious about my field season (I'm a biologist), which starts Wednesday. I spent a half a day in the field on Friday and though I could power through most of the work, I was beyond spent for the rest of the day. I was so tired, it didn't feel 'right', you know? It wasn't the satisfying post-hard work tired, it was complete exhaustion. I am supervising people in the field soon and will be out all day, how will I cope? How can I say no to work when an endangered species and lots of people are counting on me? What if I push myself too hard?  

My leadership style is leading by example- I should do the hardest work, I should work the longest, but I physically cannot. 

When I try to talk to DH about it, he tries to console me by saying there's nothing I can do about it. Hmmmm... doesn't help. I feel like I need to come up with some sort of strategy for dealing with it and listening to my body for fear that I will push myself too hard. Thoughts?

How are you ladies feeling overall? I really didn't anticipate having such a hard pregnancy. I know every pregnancy is different, but I definitely feel like with multiples, it's worse. 

Basically. I'm freaked. Any advice?

Do the people know your pregnant, and with twins? If they knew, they'd understand you not working so hard. You can't push yourself so hard anymore. Your babies are important too, I'd put them above anything right now, and I'd be taking it easy (I know I am - and my house is paying for it, kids are trying to help).

I'm feeling fine, just very tired most days. It's almost impossible to take a nap around here. I've never had morning sickness, only slight nausea in the beginning. I'm 13 weeks today.

#32 of 52 Old 04-17-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainebirdgirl View Post

Abbey,

Congrats on the girl!! It must be nice knowing a little more. I had been relatively ambivalent about finding out genders until I found out about the twins. Now I'm itching to know! I'm done with surprises in this pregnancy. Are you settling in to the idea? Cute that your son has names for them and sounds engaged.

Leslie, I can only imagine how especially with triplets you want to get to a 'safety' zone when they can make their appearance without too much concern. Is it hard to keep up with your older two? 

AFM, I'm still sick. STILL SICK! Still puking nearly every day, and really exhausted. I'm 14.5 weeks, and I really thought I'd be more functional by now. I'm getting incredibly anxious about my field season (I'm a biologist), which starts Wednesday. I spent a half a day in the field on Friday and though I could power through most of the work, I was beyond spent for the rest of the day. I was so tired, it didn't feel 'right', you know? It wasn't the satisfying post-hard work tired, it was complete exhaustion. I am supervising people in the field soon and will be out all day, how will I cope? How can I say no to work when an endangered species and lots of people are counting on me? What if I push myself too hard?  

My leadership style is leading by example- I should do the hardest work, I should work the longest, but I physically cannot. 

When I try to talk to DH about it, he tries to console me by saying there's nothing I can do about it. Hmmmm... doesn't help. I feel like I need to come up with some sort of strategy for dealing with it and listening to my body for fear that I will push myself too hard. Thoughts?

How are you ladies feeling overall? I really didn't anticipate having such a hard pregnancy. I know every pregnancy is different, but I definitely feel like with multiples, it's worse. 

Basically. I'm freaked. Any advice?

I pretty much don't keep up with my older girls. Sad but true. Life is pretty boring around here. DD1 goes to school all day. I make her breakfast and lunch and help her brush her hair. Otherwise she gets herself ready. DH used to do this morning stuff because I was already gone for work, so he is enjoying the change. Soon though he'll have to do it again. DD2 gets breakfast at the same time. Our babysitter comes around 8:30 - this just started about 3 weeks ago and she is the best! Now we aren't living in complete filth and dd2 gets more attention. If I don't have an appointment then I stay on the couch. The problem is my DH working at night and on the weekends. I pretty much just get upl to get them food or small things. I try to arrange activities so they aren't too bored. My mom will come by with dinner for a few hours which helps a lot.  Basically whenever I get put on bedrest we will have to ask my mom, sisters and a few friends to come here for the hours between the sitter and bedtime to help out. DH just works stupid hours and its a good thing I love him! So far its working ok though.

I can't imagine  having a job like that when pregnant with one let alone two. My coworkers knew at 7 weeks that I was having twins and at 9 triplets. But it was easy for them to be accomodating since we work in an office. You might just have to change your leadership style for awhile. People are so excited when they hear twins that they have to be understanding. Hopefully you will get that 2nd trimester boost and not feel so horrible. Can you start ordering people around even though that doesn't sound like your style at all? Sounds like a cool job though! 

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#33 of 52 Old 04-18-2011, 08:11 AM

#34 of 52 Old 05-02-2011, 09:13 PM

• Name? (if you feel like it) Nicole
  • You and maybe your partners age at the birth? 41 and 46

• Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? mono-identical twins
  • What number of kids will is be for you? 2 and 3
  • Genders? Will you be finding out? yes.

• EDD and or planned birth timing? Due date is Nov 27th
  • State you live in? Montana

• Anything else you want to share? I am scared, feeling overwhelmed..just found out today. (10 weeks 1 day) so much to think about..night nursing, stroller, how will I run? Cars. Healthy pregnancy...I have been feeling yucky for the last 5 week- very tired. Glad to meet all of you.

42 year old runnerjog.gif, hiker. Mom to DS(6/28/08) smile.gifand married to my best friend. Cloth diaper and plan to homeschool. Love my life in the mountains. Identical twin boys born 11/3/11 selectivevax.gifgoorganic.jpgbfolderchild.gifnocirc.giffambedsingle2.gif

#35 of 52 Old 05-03-2011, 07:01 AM

Hey, I was thinking we all check in again and see how everyone is doing so far. 

I am 31 weeks and measuring 41.  Moving is getting really hard and sleeping is too.  I have been feeling pretty good I just feel like a whale walking around and flopping around in bed.  Husband has to wake me up last night because he thought I stopped breathing.  We are getting excited about meeting our little guys.  We recently decided to have them in hospital rather than at home but the good news is that our midwife will still be with us and the Dr. will let her do most of the work.  I am a little nervous about the birth because I had first two boys at a birthing center.  We finally came up with names for the babies - Barrett and Graham (older boys are Cooper and Marshall). 

Anyway, how are the rest of you doing?

#36 of 52 Old 05-03-2011, 12:30 PM

Congratulations on having your midwife there, and primary!  It seemed no midwife wanted to take me - a first-time mother with twins and some sever past health problems.

I'm doing fairly well!  - Sleeping like crazy, though I am wondering if that isn't partly from not eating quite as much at the same time the twins seem to have been having a growth spurt.  I ate more, and nutritionally dense foods, yesterday, and woke up feeling better, today.   And, today makes 25 weeks!  The last three, monthly o.b. visits, the doctors looked thrilled with my condition and the twins'.  I am certainly much larger, awkward, losing my balance, often breathless, achy (especially when I'm too tired to do my prenatal yoga & bellydance), and so on, but - barring fatigue - very healthy and emotionally very stable and happy since about 16 weeks.  My anxiety for the babies is much, much milder: and primarily a matter of counting how far we are from points of safety (24 weeks; and now 28 and 32).  Some days I'm productive, and others, do almost nothing, but my energy level is never high, and, because he knows I will do what I can, and safeguarding the twins by not wearing myself out excessively matters to both of us, my husband's very forgiving.  

I am excited to meet our son and daughter, but far from ready, and anxious to be making better progress.  I really want to be done with all the essentials by 30 weeks - just in case.

To the mothers who've found out quite recently: the first day I heard it was twins, I was more stunned than anything else.  (My husband, wonderfully, was thrilled.)  And with the added fatigue of two in the first trimester, being overwhelmed and afraid - afraid I'd lose at least one, afraid I couldn't care for both - was the major part of my reaction, alternating with elation. Now, I am so used to the idea, all I feel is how special it is.  We'll have to work a bit harder, but we get something beautiful out of it.  Other have done this, and I believe all of us (here, in this group) can, too.  I know it will be a true challenge, but it no longer seems so painfully intimidating.  And the more my little ones look and act like the newborns they'll be, the stronger and more active and individual each is, the more my love for both of them eases any sense of difficulty.  I hope that even where circumstances make the process harder, you'll all find a similar point of realistic joy, or an acceptance tinged with eagerness, at least...

thisisbabbleon likes this.

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

#37 of 52 Old 05-03-2011, 12:31 PM

Sorry for not proof-reading.  :)

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

#38 of 52 Old 05-04-2011, 04:28 PM

Thank you for posting this. After 2 days of feeling shocked, I am starting to feel excited. Reading your note was helpful

Quote:

To the mothers who've found out quite recently: the first day I heard it was twins, I was more stunned than anything else.  (My husband, wonderfully, was thrilled.)  And with the added fatigue of two in the first trimester, being overwhelmed and afraid - afraid I'd lose at least one, afraid I couldn't care for both - was the major part of my reaction, alternating with elation. Now, I am so used to the idea, all I feel is how special it is.  We'll have to work a bit harder, but we get something beautiful out of it.  Other have done this, and I believe all of us (here, in this group) can, too.  I know it will be a true challenge, but it no longer seems so painfully intimidating.  And the more my little ones look and act like the newborns they'll be, the stronger and more active and individual each is, the more my love for both of them eases any sense of difficulty.  I hope that even where circumstances make the process harder, you'll all find a similar point of realistic joy, or an acceptance tinged with eagerness, at least...

42 year old runnerjog.gif, hiker. Mom to DS(6/28/08) smile.gifand married to my best friend. Cloth diaper and plan to homeschool. Love my life in the mountains. Identical twin boys born 11/3/11 selectivevax.gifgoorganic.jpgbfolderchild.gifnocirc.giffambedsingle2.gif

#39 of 52 Old 05-05-2011, 11:34 AM

Oh, I'm so glad!  Best wishes to you and your whole family (the newest ones, included!).  

#40 of 52 Old 05-06-2011, 05:55 PM

Well it looks like my time to stay in the hospital hotel has come. Yesterday morning  I went for my regularly scheduled u/s to be followed by dr appt and GD test. The u/s was great and when they opened the curtain a wheelchair was there. The tech says oh by the way your cervix has shortened and its our protocol that you go in a wheelchair, but of course wouldn't tell me what. So the drs office had me go for the GD test first still not knowing. Failed that test BTW :( So my cervix was 3.9cm two weeks ago and was 1cm yesterday!!!! So of course I am in for the duration. I'm actually ok with it since it forces my dh and family to come together and take care of the other kids. They were all helping, but dh works all weekend and my mom coming for 2 hrs at dinner wasn't cutting it. I'm 28w2d so now I'm just hanging out and hoping that these girls take their time coming into the world!

#41 of 52 Old 05-06-2011, 06:16 PM

Good luck Leslie!  What is considered term for triplets? 

#42 of 52 Old 05-06-2011, 07:58 PM

Oh, my! Well, it sounds like you're in good hands and you have a good attitude about it. Hopefully it will be an uneventful month or 2 before your girls arrive!

Married to my wonderful DH; Mama to DS born 6-07 and 4 in heaven brokenheart.gif1-06 (7 weeks) brokenheart.gif1-10 (6 weeks) and our twins 5-11, brokenheart.gifone sweet boy (17 weeks) and brokenheart.gifone precious baby girl (18 1/2 weeks).

In the middle of our adoption journey and are excitedly waiting to get matched with a birth mom

#43 of 52 Old 05-09-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by star8kitten View Post

Good luck Leslie!  What is considered term for triplets? 

From what I've heard the average is 32-34 weeks. I've been reading on some other forums that you can hang out on bed rest for weeks with a shortened cervix and still give birth at a normal time. I went for a biophysical profile today and they all got 8/8. I also got permission to go out in a wheelchair now that I've had my steroids. So my dh took me outside when he came with the kids this afternoon. The weather has totally changed in the last five days and its nice out! We were expecting bedrest at some time so this wasn't a huge surprise. Its just hard on the kids, but hopefully they will adjust quickly.

#44 of 52 Old 05-17-2011, 01:15 PM

• Name? (if you feel like it) Adrienne

• You and maybe your partners age at the birth? Both 34

• Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? Di Di

• What number of kids will is be for you? #3 & #4 (8th pregnancy)

• Genders? Will you be finding out? Will find out

• EDD and or planned birth timing? EDD 12/15/11 but I have never held a singleton past 37 weeks

• State you live in? Colorado

• Anything else you want to share? I am getting a TAC (transabdominal cerclage) in early June. Hoping things stay calm until Thanksgiving!
#45 of 52 Old 05-19-2011, 12:17 PM

• Name? (if you feel like it)  Diana

• You and maybe your partners age at the birth?  29 and 40

• Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both?  Di/?  It's still really early, so they weren't yet looking for placentas

• What number of kids will is be for you?  2 and 3

• Genders? Will you be finding out?  we'll find out

• EDD and or planned birth timing?    Original due date was 1/1/2012, but obviously they're expected a bit earlier than a singleton

• State you live in?   IN

• Anything else you want to share?  We just found out 4 days ago (surprise!!), so we're still feeling very overwhelmed and shocked.  We weren't having any fertility treatments, so I never even considered the possibility of twins.  I'm really nervous about the pregnancy.  I had a normal, uneventful pregnancy with DS, but there are just so many more things that can go wrong now that it's hard not to freak out.  I haven't really had a chance yet to talk with my midwife about everything.  I'll see her in about 10 days.  She can still do all my checkups, but I have to have an OB present at delivery.  I hope that means my midwife will still be there; she's absolutely amazing, and I totally trust her. 

How long does it take to get over the shock??

Married to my loving hubby, proud mama to Ethan thumbsuck.gif (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)slinggirl.gif  and aspiring homesteader chicken3.gif

Missing my twins, Owen and Sophia, born too soon, July 2011 angel2.gifangel3.gif

#46 of 52 Old 05-19-2011, 12:32 PM

Hi all,

I usually hang out on the queer parenting thread, but given that I'm expecting twins I figured I'd drop a line over here. 

• Name? CJ

• You and maybe your partners age at the birth? 37 and 36

• Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? Di

• Genders? Will you be finding out? Nope, not finding out their sexes.  They'll let us know their genders when they are ready :).

• EDD and or planned birth timing? EDD is July 4th, but I'm currently on bedrest to deal with high bp (which I've successfully been lowering over the past 4 weeks!) and found out yesterday that the twins are measuring in the 89th and 90th percentiles.  So who knows when they'll be here!

• State you live in? Colorado

• Anything else you want to share? Just happy to have this forum and looking to learn from other parents of multiples :).

Professional nerd, DP to Megan and mommy to 3 y/o Bam Bam . TTC since January '09.  Welcomed our new babes May 22, 2011. Now living life in the NICU one day at a time.
#47 of 52 Old 05-31-2011, 12:57 PM

• Name? Dory

• You and maybe your partners age at the birth? 35/36

• Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? Di/Di

• Genders? Will you be finding out? Yes

• EDD and or planned birth timing? EDD 12/7

• State you live in? Pennsylvania

• Anything else you want to share? Surprise twins on ultrasound for dating last week.  Still feeling a little overwhelmed by the idea of two infants and a toddler!

mama to dust.gifdd 8/09 and slingtwin.gif dd + ds 11/11

#48 of 52 Old 05-31-2011, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Hi folks, this is a pretty old thread that i was running in hope that it would be taken over by one of you that is still preggo, my 5 month old twins have me pretty busy!

would someone like to start a new June or summer thread or whatever and go back and add all the ladies that have been joining?  it is a great list and im wishing you all a wonderful pregnancy and births! There is a huge part of me that is very envious of you all that are still preggo, i really miss it!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#49 of 52 Old 06-02-2011, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Adorkable I really miss being pregnant with the twins too. Even though there were some moments when I was in pain or the heartburn was getting me down, I still miss having those little babies squirming in me!!:( June 23 will be one year that I got BFP, at 2 weeks pregnant! LOL

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#50 of 52 Old 06-03-2011, 11:07 AM

I'd be willing to look start a summer thread and look after it, as long as I can - but, at 30 weeks along, this coming Tuesday, I don't know how long that will be.  So, if someone more newly pregnant is ready to succeed me, that would help!  smile.gif  Anyone interested in a tag-team version of thread-running???

#51 of 52 Old 06-03-2011, 11:39 AM

I'm willing to help out/tag-team though I have no experience in thread running and I'm not sure how to manage or update lists etc.  I'm only 13wks so I should have time to learn though.

mama to dust.gifdd 8/09 and slingtwin.gif dd + ds 11/11

#52 of 52 Old 06-03-2011, 12:40 PM

Great!  I'll try to figure it out, consulting Adorkable as necessary, and pass on to you whatever I learn.  Thanks for helping, dsb76!   geek.gif  I'll try to get right on to starting the new thread.

Tags
Parenting Multiples , Magical Multiple Moments Parents Of Multiples Share Stories And Advice On Raising Happy Healthy Twin

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page