Infant Multiples Chat Spring '11 - Mothering Forums
1 2 
Parenting Multiples > Infant Multiples Chat Spring '11
~adorkable~'s Avatar ~adorkable~ 09:18 PM 03-12-2011

anyone want to start a chat for life with our infant twins?

the first year of life is amazing regardless of how many there are, but so much more when there are two or three!

there seems to be a lot of questions that are small "is this normal" or "what would you do" i know i often dont ask a question because it seems to small for a whole thread. So lets ask them here!

feel free to introduce yourself

• Babies Birthday (gestational age at birth)
  • What number babies they are for you
  • Sexes
  • Mono or Di
  • and please share on thing that has really pleasantly surprised you so far with them

Katie063008 babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif June '10 @37w2d di/di

StacyAnn babygirl.gifbabygirl.gif June '10 39.5w di/di Born on different days!

mauri456 babygirl.gifbabygirl.gif Born Oct '10 @39w6d di/di possibly ID

SashaBreeze babyboy.gifbabyboy.gif Born Oct '10 35w Mono/di

budwana birth babyboy.gifbabyboy.gif Born Oct '10 36w Mono/Di

KellyTTC#1 babygirl.gifbabygirl.gif Born Nov '10 37.5w di/di

annettemarie babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif Born Nov '10 @38w1d di/di

~Adorkable~babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif Born Dec '10 @36w0d di/di

mamalovex3 babygirl.gifbabygirl.gif Born Jan '11 @38w2d Mono/di

ladydodson babygirl.gifbabygirl.gif Born Feb '11 37w1&2d di/di Born on different days!

mylilmonkeys babygirl.gifbabygirl.gif Born Mar '11 38w3d di/di

~adorkable~'s Avatar ~adorkable~ 09:25 PM 03-12-2011

My babies were born Dec 27th at 36w 0d

they are my 1st and 2nd and most likely my only children

Older little Girl and younger bigger Boy

Dizogotic (unless they are half twins, have you heard of this?!!!)

pleasantly surprised so far by how well they sleep thru their siblings noise! it seem like nothing one does will ever wake the other, really lucky, wonder if that is normal? hope it lasts!

mauri456's Avatar mauri456 07:10 AM 03-13-2011

my girls will be five months on thursday!!!   they were born at 39.6 weeks.  

they are numbers 2 & 3...what a jump from one!!! :)

two girls.....di/di but prolly ID...they look alike but i havent done the dna test... it's more fun to guess

they are very peaceful babies.   my older dd had colic and was just gassy and fussy her first six months.   i thought all babies were like that.  these babies are very calm... it is still insanity with two infants!

i can't believe how fast this is going.  i am so stinking tired but i keep telling myself that things are gonna get better!   they have in a way... it is easier than the newborn days...lol!!

StacyAnn's Avatar StacyAnn 10:51 AM 03-13-2011

Great idea :)  I don't know if my babies are still considered "infants" but I would still like to participate!  I read here often, but don't post/reply very much because I so rarely have two hands free to type!  However, this seems like such a great supportive little community of moms... I love that people can share their concerns/problems/etc. without judgment.  I think that moms of multiples totally understand that we cannot be perfect parents and are all just trying to do the best we can under challenging circumstances!

Anyways, I am Stacy and I have 3 kids:  a son who is 4, and twin daughters that are 9 months.  They were born at about 39 1/2 weeks and were big babies (8 lbs and 9 lbs 2 oz).  They were born at home and on two different days, which is kind of fun.  They are di/di and have VERY different personalities and appearances (at least to me).  One was colicky at birth (which was a nightmare), but is now the world's most happy-go-lucky baby.  The other was so mellow at birth, but is now a more high needs baby. 

I've been pleasantly surprised by how well they play independently now at 9 months.  Maybe because I can't always be there immediately to meet their every need (which I hate, but it is a fact of life with multiples), they have learned to be a bit more independent than my first child, who always needed me to be within arm's reach and could not sit and play by himself for more than a few minutes until he was about 3.  My girls can sit and play with their toys for a good 15 minutes now, which is a lifesaver when I need to do dishes, cooking, etc.

And I agree with the previous poster... going from 1 child to 3 children felt like a HUGE change!  I can only imagine that going from no kids to 2 kids is equally shocking!

annettemarie's Avatar annettemarie 07:08 PM 03-13-2011
Hola!

* Babies Birthday (gestational age at birth): 38 weeks, 1 day 11/23/10
* What number babies they are for you: 5 sand 6
* Sexes: One of each
* Mono or Di: Di, obviously. I had a nurse ask if they were identical. I said yes, her penis is just like his. eyesroll.gif
* and please share on thing that has really pleasantly surprised you so far with them: They have such wonderfully different personalities. You can see it in just about every picture-- Matthew is my "mellow fellow" and Ms. Molly is super serious.

Katie063008's Avatar Katie063008 07:21 PM 03-13-2011

Hi,

I also went from one child to three.  DD1 was 11 days shy of two when the twins were born. So, to answer the questons

• 37 wks 2 days at birth
  • babies 2 and 3
  • boy and girl
  • Di/Di (no guess work, but a surprising amount of people ask me if they're identical.  I usually say, well they're boy girl so no...)
  • I am surprised at how well they play together and also at how well my older daughter plays with them.  If I'm cooking or busy and one baby cries DD1 will bring him/her a toy or sit on the floor and play to keep them amused.  It's so sweet.

star8kitten's Avatar star8kitten 09:05 AM 03-14-2011

Hello ladies, I just wanted to tell you all "Way to go!"  I am preggo with twins right now (24 weeks) and when I get really overwhelmed at the thought of caring for them on the outside I love to read your stories and advice to each other.  You give me hope that I can get through it and enjoy the babies while doing it. 

~adorkable~'s Avatar ~adorkable~ 09:30 AM 03-14-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by star8kitten View Post

When I get really overwhelmed at the thought of caring for them on the outside I love to read your stories and advice to each other.  You give me hope that I can get through it and enjoy the babies while doing it. 

That's just the kind of thing these forums are great for. Sometimes knowing that you are not the only one is just what we all need!
mamalovex3's Avatar mamalovex3 10:50 AM 03-19-2011
  • my babes are 10 weeks today, born at 38w2d
  • they are numbers 2 and 3, I have an older son who is 9
  • two beautiful girlies
  • mono/di - two sacs, one placenta but I don't think they are identical
  • my favourite moment so far was seeing them "see" each other for the first time.  they just got each other smiling and laughing - it was truly precious!

•  

SashaBreeze's Avatar SashaBreeze 02:13 PM 03-20-2011

■ 10-13-10 (born at 35 weeks)

■ babies number 6 and 7 for us 

■ both boys 

■Mono/Di

The first month was heartbreaking, the next month at home was a nightmare, but then after that it has honestly been a pleasure.  So far we have been very blessed that both the boys are very laid back fellows.

0319110225a.jpg

snapped this last night, they often sleep like this.love.gif

~adorkable~'s Avatar ~adorkable~ 03:13 PM 03-20-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalovex3 View Post

• two beautiful girlies
  • my favourite moment so far was seeing them "see" each other for the first time.  they just got each other smiling and laughing - it was truly precious!

•  

Do you think there was two placentas that fused? Cause if there was just one, I think they have to identical?

Question for folks? At what age did your twins discover each other in a real way? Mine are 12 weeks, 8weeks adjusted and they look at the other one from time to time but no real achknowlgment yet, i really look forward to that.
mamalovex3's Avatar mamalovex3 09:51 AM 03-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Adorkable~ View Post

Do you think there was two placentas that fused? Cause if there was just one, I think they have to identical?

Question for folks? At what age did your twins discover each other in a real way? Mine are 12 weeks, 8weeks adjusted and they look at the other one from time to time but no real achknowlgment yet, i really look forward to that.

I know, I've heard the same thing.  While I was pregnant, we saw one huge placenta and a thin membrane between the two.  After they were born, they said there was one placenta but I just don't think the girls look alike.  To be fair, one has a full head of hair and the other is a baldy, and there's about a 2 lb difference between them...but I still think they look different. 

To answer your other question, mine first smiled at each other last week - like really looked at each other and made each other smile.  Most of the time they are completely unaware of each other though.  I'm the same as you - I can't wait until they really are aware of each other!

mylilmonkeys's Avatar mylilmonkeys 05:10 PM 03-22-2011

Their birthday was 3-3-2011.  They are number 7 & 8.  Both girls, but di/di.  They look very different.  Lucy has dark hair and round face, Lily is blond with more delicate features.  

I love watching my husband with them.  Usually I do all the newborn care, not because he wouldn't but just because it's easy to do when you AP a singleton.  With twins, I can't attend to both all the time.  It's too sweet to watch him curl up with a baby at night, when I'm nursing the other.  I've compromised by getting a pack of sposies for his ease, but he's done a few diapers with pins, too.  And it's pretty cute to wake up from a nap and find him with a babe in each arm while he sits and plays a video game. LOL  Now, if I could just get him to establish his own milk supply, he'd be about perfect!

ETA: I forgot to say they were born at 38w3d.

KellyTTC#1's Avatar KellyTTC#1 08:18 AM 03-23-2011

Hi!

My girls (di/di) are 4.5 months and were born at 37.5 weeks (babies 1 and 2 for us).

My girls looked at each other early on but didn't really acknowledge each other until 4 months old when they started smiling and squealing at each other.  Now they roll over and look at each other in the morning... they are in separate cribs beside each other.  I find it is getting easier all the time or at least that is what I have convinced myself.  I think I'm figuring things out and they are too!

ladydodson's Avatar ladydodson 02:27 PM 03-23-2011

Quote:

anyone want to start a chat for life with our infant twins?

the first year of life is amazing regardless of how many there are, but so much more when there are two or three!

there seems to be a lot of questions that are small "is this normal" or "what would you do" i know i often dont ask a question because it seems to small for a whole thread. So lets ask them here!

feel free to introduce yourself

• Babies Birthday (gestational age at birth)
  • What number babies they are for you
  • Sexes
  • Mono or Di
  • and please share on thing that has really pleasantly surprised you so far with them

our girls were born 2/14 and 2/15, two hours apart (10:05p and 12:20a), they were 37wks1 and 2 days

they are our 4th and 5th children, our 3rd and 4th girls

both girls :)

di/di

now they are only 5wks old, but im pleased to say they aren't as hard as i thought. it could be because ive had babies already and have just been in baby mode for four years straight...and i have a good bit of help...but im not as insane as i'd expected...though, there is certainly still time. :)

Quote:

My babies were born Dec 27th at 36w 0d

they are my 1st and 2nd and most likely my only children

Older little Girl and younger bigger Boy

Dizogotic (unless they are half twins, have you heard of this?!!!)

pleasantly surprised so far by how well they sleep thru their siblings noise! it seem like nothing one does will ever wake the other, really lucky, wonder if that is normal? hope it lasts!

the twins dont typically wake one another, but my toddler can sure scream loud enough to get them stirring...they wake her up sometimes too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauri456 View Post

my girls will be five months on thursday!!!   they were born at 39.6 weeks.  

they are numbers 2 & 3...what a jump from one!!! :)

two girls.....di/di but prolly ID...they look alike but i havent done the dna test... it's more fun to guess

they are very peaceful babies.   my older dd had colic and was just gassy and fussy her first six months.   i thought all babies were like that.  these babies are very calm... it is still insanity with two infants!

i can't believe how fast this is going.  i am so stinking tired but i keep telling myself that things are gonna get better!   they have in a way... it is easier than the newborn days...lol!!

my girls both have different temperaments, though one isnt colicky, she is definitely easier to piss off...the other is very mellow and observant...ive wondered often if they'd change later on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyAnn View Post

Great idea :)  I don't know if my babies are still considered "infants" but I would still like to participate!  I read here often, but don't post/reply very much because I so rarely have two hands free to type!  However, this seems like such a great supportive little community of moms... I love that people can share their concerns/problems/etc. without judgment.  I think that moms of multiples totally understand that we cannot be perfect parents and are all just trying to do the best we can under challenging circumstances!

Anyways, I am Stacy and I have 3 kids:  a son who is 4, and twin daughters that are 9 months.  They were born at about 39 1/2 weeks and were big babies (8 lbs and 9 lbs 2 oz).  They were born at home and on two different days, which is kind of fun.  They are di/di and have VERY different personalities and appearances (at least to me).  One was colicky at birth (which was a nightmare), but is now the world's most happy-go-lucky baby.  The other was so mellow at birth, but is now a more high needs baby. 

I've been pleasantly surprised by how well they play independently now at 9 months.  Maybe because I can't always be there immediately to meet their every need (which I hate, but it is a fact of life with multiples), they have learned to be a bit more independent than my first child, who always needed me to be within arm's reach and could not sit and play by himself for more than a few minutes until he was about 3.  My girls can sit and play with their toys for a good 15 minutes now, which is a lifesaver when I need to do dishes, cooking, etc.

And I agree with the previous poster... going from 1 child to 3 children felt like a HUGE change!  I can only imagine that going from no kids to 2 kids is equally shocking!

my girls were also home birthed and have different bdays and wow! they were big girls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post

Hola!

* Babies Birthday (gestational age at birth): 38 weeks, 1 day 11/23/10
* What number babies they are for you: 5 sand 6
* Sexes: One of each
* Mono or Di: Di, obviously. I had a nurse ask if they were identical. I said yes, her penis is just like his. eyesroll.gif
* and please share on thing that has really pleasantly surprised you so far with them: They have such wonderfully different personalities. You can see it in just about every picture-- Matthew is my "mellow fellow" and Ms. Molly is super serious.

cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie063008 View Post

Hi,

I also went from one child to three.  DD1 was 11 days shy of two when the twins were born. So, to answer the questons

• 37 wks 2 days at birth
  • babies 2 and 3
  • boy and girl
  • Di/Di (no guess work, but a surprising amount of people ask me if they're identical.  I usually say, well they're boy girl so no...)
  • I am surprised at how well they play together and also at how well my older daughter plays with them.  If I'm cooking or busy and one baby cries DD1 will bring him/her a toy or sit on the floor and play to keep them amused.  It's so sweet.

i cant wait til the babies are big enough to trust my toddlers near them while i do something else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by star8kitten View Post

Hello ladies, I just wanted to tell you all "Way to go!"  I am preggo with twins right now (24 weeks) and when I get really overwhelmed at the thought of caring for them on the outside I love to read your stories and advice to each other.  You give me hope that I can get through it and enjoy the babies while doing it. 

i remember reading only horror stories and getting very anxious. this board and the one at twinstuff.com have some really positive members tho...i think the key is not letting it get ahead of you (the anxiety), there is no way to really know what it will be like down the road, so why waste your pregnancy in worry? and then when they're here, the same thing...one hour/day/week/month at a time. if you look too far ahead, it can really get sticky...haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalovex3 View Post

• two beautiful girlies

•  

oh yay! i cant wait til they do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBreeze View Post

■ 10-13-10 (born at 35 weeks)

■ babies number 6 and 7 for us 

■ both boys 

■Mono/Di

The first month was heartbreaking, the next month at home was a nightmare, but then after that it has honestly been a pleasure.  So far we have been very blessed that both the boys are very laid back fellows.

0319110225a.jpg

snapped this last night, they often sleep like this.love.gif

so sweet. mine are swaddled at night mostly, but they i do have them very close in their co sleeper and then next to me as they wake up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilmonkeys View Post

Their birthday was 3-3-2011.  They are number 7 & 8.  Both girls, but di/di.  They look very different.  Lucy has dark hair and round face, Lily is blond with more delicate features.  

I love watching my husband with them.  Usually I do all the newborn care, not because he wouldn't but just because it's easy to do when you AP a singleton.  With twins, I can't attend to both all the time.  It's too sweet to watch him curl up with a baby at night, when I'm nursing the other.  I've compromised by getting a pack of sposies for his ease, but he's done a few diapers with pins, too.  And it's pretty cute to wake up from a nap and find him with a babe in each arm while he sits and plays a video game. LOL  Now, if I could just get him to establish his own milk supply, he'd be about perfect!

ETA: I forgot to say they were born at 38w3d.

yay! i didnt know they were here! congrats! and how sweet about your hubs. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyTTC#1 View Post

Hi!

My girls (di/di) are 4.5 months and were born at 37.5 weeks (babies 1 and 2 for us).

My girls looked at each other early on but didn't really acknowledge each other until 4 months old when they started smiling and squealing at each other.  Now they roll over and look at each other in the morning... they are in separate cribs beside each other.  I find it is getting easier all the time or at least that is what I have convinced myself.  I think I'm figuring things out and they are too!

very positive to think about life getting easier all the time. :)

annettemarie's Avatar annettemarie 02:55 PM 03-23-2011
SashaBreeze, that picture is sooooo sweet. I've tried to co-sleep my two, but they just end up beating each other up or-- my favorite-- one tries to latch on to the other's head. And yay for you on cloth diapers! I'll admit I'm only CDing about 1/3-1/2 of the time.

My sweet babies are 4 months old today!! They don't really acknowledge one another yet. I'm looking forward to when they do.
annettemarie's Avatar annettemarie 03:01 PM 03-23-2011
Has anyone else noticed significant gaps in development? Molly has been putting weight on her feet and superstrong forever, and Matthew is just so laid back. He's so floppy compared to Molly! And neither one is rolling yet. Well, Molly did last night but she hasn't repeated. They both seem to be early achievers in the teeth-getting department though,.
KellyTTC#1's Avatar KellyTTC#1 12:54 PM 03-24-2011

love the photos!  A bunch of cuties!!

Here's my 2 girls (4 months old)

H&CMarch12-2.jpg

AnnetteMarie: My girls are so different and have had there own personalities from the beginning.  I try my best not to do too much comparing because I think it makes me overanalyze things~~there is such a range in timelines for development.  With that being said, one always weight bears and the other does not (when are they supposed to be able to do that by?).  They both roll over although my smaller girl does more often.

Adorkable: my girls wake each other only if they had already started to stir or they are not in a deep sleep (so during the day they wake each other up but not so much at night time).

mauri456 : I would really enjoy some sleep too!

StacyAnn: 9 months sounds like a nice age.  My girls really enjoy the activity mat so I can put them on it for 30 min to an hour and they have a great time.

mamalovex3: I loved the moment when they saw each other too! 

mylilmonkeys: I wish my husband had a milk supply too!  sounds like your DH is being really supportive!

katie: that is so nice that your daughter is being such a great big sister!

sashabreeze: very cute photo.  My girls were hanging out holding hands yesterday... love that.  My girls sleep in separate cribs beside each other because they kept thrashing around in their sleep and scratching each other and pulling each others hair.

ladydodson: twins born on different days... how fun!  glad you're making out well so far!

star8kitten: you'll enjoy the babies for sure... it's all what you make of it!  just don't put too much pressure on yourself worrying about it... you'll figure out how to make it work.

ladydodson's Avatar ladydodson 12:27 PM 03-25-2011

i have a question...rowan (baby a) was born a full lb lighter than lennox (baby b) and then got jaundiced. lennox was a lot sleepier than ro from birth, and i was feeding ro a lot more due to the jaundice, so she gained quicker...then they started to even out and weigh the same...since lex seemed to be gaining slower, i made a point to feed her longer/more often than i was since she was sleeping a lot. they both have great diaper output...that said, rowan seems to weigh MORE than lennox now...

has anyone's twins gained at different rates? my gut says that its normal, but there's also the fact that rowan is a lot more HERE than lex...she's physically stronger (has been lifting her head since birth and is already trying to roll over at just 1 mo. old) and seems more alert/present than lex...

annettemarie's Avatar annettemarie 05:21 PM 03-25-2011
Sounds like my babies-- Baby A (Matthew) was born first and was about a pound lighter and still is, at four months.
ladydodson's Avatar ladydodson 05:52 PM 03-25-2011

Quote:

Sounds like my babies-- Baby A (Matthew) was born first and was about a pound lighter and still is, at four months.

yah, maybe i was confusing. baby a was lighter at birth, but now weighs a pound more...so they aren't gaining at the same rate is what i mean...but they're both nursing from the same mom so it isnt a milk issue...they both have good output...they're both gaining...just not at the same rate...

annettemarie's Avatar annettemarie 05:53 PM 03-25-2011
I probably just have comprehension issues, LOL! Sorry.
~adorkable~'s Avatar ~adorkable~ 09:55 PM 03-25-2011

Quote:

Has anyone else noticed significant gaps in development? Molly has been putting weight on her feet and superstrong forever, and Matthew is just so laid back. He's so floppy compared to Molly! And neither one is rolling yet. Well, Molly did last night but she hasn't repeated. They both seem to be early achievers in the teeth-getting department though,.

mine have been developing very differently

my girl who was born first but smaller she is farther along in neuro type stuff, first to make eye contact, lift head, is trying to roll over, my son though was larger and first to learn to nurse and now is a lot bigger but still a bit floppier and less vocal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydodson View Post

i have a question...rowan (baby a) was born a full lb lighter than lennox (baby b) and then got jaundiced. lennox was a lot sleepier than ro from birth, and i was feeding ro a lot more due to the jaundice, so she gained quicker...then they started to even out and weigh the same...since lex seemed to be gaining slower, i made a point to feed her longer/more often than i was since she was sleeping a lot. they both have great diaper output...that said, rowan seems to weigh MORE than lennox now...

has anyone's twins gained at different rates? my gut says that its normal, but there's also the fact that rowan is a lot more HERE than lex...she's physically stronger (has been lifting her head since birth and is already trying to roll over at just 1 mo. old) and seems more alert/present than lex...

my girl, baby A was smaller but only by 7 oz, she now is smaller by probably more that 2 pounds, though both have gained weight great and eat a ton, she maybe even eats more lately, so even though they are in the same size order they always have been they are certainly growing a very different rates

and my smaller one is the more "developed" one, which is always interesting

i think in general we notice so much more about milestones and personality because we have something to compare it to all the time, how much might we never really think about if we did not have their twin laying right next to them , doing something different? its one of the joys of twins for me, but also probably cause me to analyze things more than i might with just one

~adorkable~'s Avatar ~adorkable~ 09:56 PM 03-25-2011

Quote:

I probably just have comprehension issues, LOL! Sorry.

naw, you just have twinfants, it causes the same effects at times!

Strong Mama's Avatar Strong Mama 03:37 AM 03-26-2011

Hi joining in! :) GIrls are doing great. They are 6 weeks old. A weighed 6 15 at birth now weighs 9 9 and B weighed 8 4now weighs 10 3.  They are both developing the same so far. They each hit a growth spurt this week, eating less often, but now 6 oz at one time!! I am not breastfeeding.  They are becoming more awake in the day now finally and are going to sleep at about 11pm and waking up at about 2 to eat and then again at about 6. B does not wake up to eat at 2. She sleeps from 11 to about 6 already. A still eats both times, but not a lot, about 3=4 ozs at each feed. We dont wake B to feed when A does at 2, because ultimately we want A to stop eating at 2 LOL.They sleep in different cribs, they did not sleep well together from day one. Even in the womb they were very far apart. They have different personatlites. A is a screecher, when she wants something you better give it to her FAST. But after that, shes happy and very alert. They are both smiling and lifting their heads for long periods. A still has to be swaddled at night. B is very laid back with her crying, but she fusses to be held constantly. While A will lay there happily gazing or riding in the stroller, B has to be worn most all times. I am trying to get her to lie for 5 mins at a time alone some while fussing because obviously with twins you cant hold them all the time, but I sure wish I could! They go to my mother in laws who lives next door to me for about 5 hours a day while hubby works b/c hubby works 12 hours a day and I am pretty weak and sick and cannot do it all alone. I have to sleep or run errands or go to drs. It was hard for me to get used to this but now I have let go and realised I need help and she is very AP she understands my feelings and respects them totally. I am not finding this as hard as a singleton. Seriously. I mean its more work but i find I am less stressed with two than with one, I guess b/c I can cut myself some slack with everything. I dont know. I am looking forward to them realising each other. They really do not l ike to touch each other or be near each other so we got problems lol.

Strong Mama's Avatar Strong Mama 03:41 AM 03-26-2011

PICT0006.JPG

that is A

PICT0204.JPG

thats B

ladydodson's Avatar ladydodson 01:58 PM 03-26-2011

Quote:

mine have been developing very differently

my girl who was born first but smaller she is farther along in neuro type stuff, first to make eye contact, lift head, is trying to roll over, my son though was larger and first to learn to nurse and now is a lot bigger but still a bit floppier and less vocal

my girl, baby A was smaller but only by 7 oz, she now is smaller by probably more that 2 pounds, though both have gained weight great and eat a ton, she maybe even eats more lately, so even though they are in the same size order they always have been they are certainly growing a very different rates

and my smaller one is the more "developed" one, which is always interesting

i think in general we notice so much more about milestones and personality because we have something to compare it to all the time, how much might we never really think about if we did not have their twin laying right next to them , doing something different? its one of the joys of twins for me, but also probably cause me to analyze things more than i might with just one

yah, i get that. i do. i mean, the fact they're gaining and have plenty of wet/poopy diapers says enough for me. i guess its just a metabolism thing, ya know? they're drinking the same milk at roughly the same times and for the same length.

my "smaller" one (i say that because while she was smaller at birth is now the chunky one...haha) is definitely the more developed one. she was lifting her head at birth...she's firey! her sister is far more laid back and pensive, only pipes up when absolutely necessary...sleeps longer, etc.

i also love that about twins...

last night, hubs and i had a 'date' where a friend came to watch the toddlers, the teen had a school function and we took the newbs out to a restaurant...oddly enough the woman who sat us is a triplet mom, and a woman who ended up seated right next to us with her mother, is ALSO a trip mom...haha! she was so nice, reached out and wanted my email address...hers are 19mo, g/g/b...she said her boy is the crazy one and the one that keeps her on her toes and i said to her...well i guess its good there's only ONE like that...haha. that's how i feel about my girls...i love how they're different...and one is only slightly more demanding than the other...but its a good mix, im surprised by the ease we've taken to them...i really expected it to be a lot harder with all the stories i heard...tho, my toddlers are crying and fighting in the next room i imagine it will soon get more interesting.

SashaBreeze's Avatar SashaBreeze 12:36 AM 03-28-2011

Hello all. blowkiss.gif

annettemarie , we cloth diaper pretty much out of neccessity these day.  Our 4 year old is autistic and rarly uses the toliet and our 2 year old had a potty set back after bringing the boys home.  I added it up one day and we would be paying a minimum of $250 a month just in diapers alone if we were using disposable.

I think my boys... for lack of a better way to say it may end up being a set of those "creepy" type twins.  They are slowly but surly acting more and more like each other, Connor has gotten more fierce and Seamus more laid back so that they are about even in temperment now.  They are constantly on the eye for each other.  Get very upset if you seperate them, they have to at least be able to see each other and so far they are developmently the same.  There was a pretty big size gap when they were first born (ttts) but that gap keeps getting smaller and smaller.  They are both the same length now and only about a pound difference in each other.  I swear if Seamus gets more hair I will start getting paranoid about mixing them up.redface.gif

0218112101.jpg

Does anyone else have baby twins like that right now?

As far as accidently hitting each other when they are together they did that some when they were younger but not so much.  But they do chew on each others hands a lot.

I love seeing pictures of all your twins on here it helps me feel better knowing that I am not the only one going through the crazy sleepless land that is infanthood with multiples when I see your pics. grouphug.gif

Cute story from the other night.  Connor was having a hard time falling asleep and then ended up rolling over grabbing Seamus' arm and pulling it to his chest like a teddy bear and fell fast alseep.  I love moments like that.heartbeat.gif

KellyTTC#1's Avatar KellyTTC#1 12:55 PM 03-28-2011

There was a 1 lb. 11 oz. weight difference at birth and that has increased to 3 lb. difference.  It's been about a 3 lb. difference since 2 months.  The girls have been on a consistent growth curve.  "Big girl" is in 75-90th percentile for height and weight and "Smaller" girl is in 10-25th percentile.  That being said at the beginning I thought the smaller girl was developmentally behind but I'm finding they are very close.. and sometimes she does things first... she is small but fiesty and I think because she is smaller she can move her body weight more easily.

I haven't noticed the "creepy behaviour" but they really see each other noe and interact, 

SashaBreeze's Avatar SashaBreeze 12:47 AM 03-29-2011

I regret my choice of words above. lol

It was late and I just couldnt think of the "right" word.  I hope you guys got what I was trying to say.  Major case of mommy brain the other night. nut.gif

1 2 

Up