What position were your twins in at the end of your pregnancy (labor or c/section day) - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: What position did your babes end pregnancy in?
Vertex/Vertex 13 41.94%
Vertex/Breech 7 22.58%
Breech/Breech 4 12.90%
Breech/Transverse 3 9.68%
Transverse/Transverse 0 0%
other? 4 12.90%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-18-2011, 01:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm 36 weeks. My twins have been flipping all over the place for the last ten weeks, mostly with baby A transverse and baby B breech. I've been doing webster, rebozo and inversions for a month. Last week, I was overjoyed to find that they were BOTH vertex... until it was only for two days. eyesroll.gif

Since then, baby A is again transverse (and not that 'almost vertical' way, but the actual horizontal, head stuck in my sacrum transverse- the kind of position that is making me sweat about umbilical cord prolapse) and baby B is again breech. Nice. I've got 1 in 2 odds and I can't even get one of them vertex lol.gif

My OB will attend a vag breech, but obviously not a transverse. My chiro says she's never seen vertex twins BOTH flip back so fast. My doula said she's only had a baby love transverse like mine once. Friends are starting to say I should take it as a sign from the universe about my birth plans...  I'm just frustrated bc the WERE both vertex last week. I saw it on US myself. Gah.

I'm just curious- on birth-day (ie, when you went into labor or had your c-section), what position were your babes in?

I know there's a thread about babes turning, but I'd still love to hear from some other late-turners or thoughts on what makes a baby love transverse position...

reading.gifdiaper.gif ♥ baby.gif baby.gif ♥
but a lesson must be lived in order to be learned.
and the clarity to see and stop this now
that is what i've earned (a.d.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2011, 06:37 AM

During my pregnancy ds remained vertex the entire time (or at least he was whenever we checked on him smile.gif).  Dd went back and forth between a transverse position and vertex.  Right before birth they were both head down (yay!), I birthed ds and as soon as he was out of the way she went back to transverse (grrr....).  She was born via emergency c-section because she refused to come out and I was bleeding too much.  It really can change up to the last minute.

Karen - spouse to dh for 11 years, mama to ds (Nov '02), dd (May '05) and ds and dd (Jun '08)

Old 03-18-2011, 07:04 AM

DD2 (Twin A) was vertex from about 20 weeks, and never really shifted much after that. DS (Twin B) moved all the time. The day before my section, at 36 w 5 days, he was frank breech. By the next morning, at my section, he'd moved to transverse, and was very high.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
Old 03-19-2011, 11:59 AM

Other: Vertex, transverse.

Baby A was locked down in vertex through the 3rd trimester, but B went from vertex to breech to transverse (totally horizontal). Even in the last days, B was moving all over, going almost breech and then full transverse. Very uncomfortable, painful at times! I think B was just trying to get comfortable. It made trying to monitor them really hard in those last few weeks.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Doh. Knew I forgot one.
Had nst yesterday. still transverse breech. Sigh. I really want to have these babies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Lily View Post

Other: Vertex, transverse.

Baby A was locked down in vertex through the 3rd trimester, but B went from vertex to breech to transverse (totally horizontal). Even in the last days, B was moving all over, going almost breech and then full transverse. Very uncomfortable, painful at times! I think B was just trying to get comfortable. It made trying to monitor them really hard in those last few weeks.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:22 PM

Both of mine were vertex, but after A was born, B flipped breech and then back again but got herself really stuck in the process.  Wound up with an extraction, not a nice textbook breech extraction, which was attempted and didn't work.  My poor midwives really had to work to get her out!

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:18 PM

My two spent most of the end of my pregnancy vertex/transverse but at the end, turned their happy little + to an X and I had two oblique babes and a c-section.

dust.gif & superhero.gif :: 9/2004
Old 04-23-2011, 07:07 AM

mine were transverse/transverse at every check. went into labour at 32 weeks and baby A was oblique breech and baby B was breech - advised to have a section, declined as knew there was still time - got on all fours, took some pulsatilla and PRAYED and baby A shifted into fully breech position and was born not long after, followed 4 mins later by his sister.

very grateful mama here love.giflove.gif

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

Old 04-24-2011, 06:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Was was vertex b breech. I had planned vaginal delivery, but b was 8 4, and OB suggested I c sec, he said he could TRY to deliver B vaginally, but didnt think he could pull it off safely cos she was so big. I went with a c sec and do not regret it.

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

Old 04-25-2011, 07:52 PM

Baby A was vertex from like 20 weeks on.  Baby B was transverse to breech to transverse to vertex (he was in my ribs all the time!).  They were both vertex at delivery (emercency c-section at 36 weeks due to pre-e).

Mama to twins, my little guy, and
Old 04-27-2011, 01:30 AM - Thread Starter

thought i'd pop in and update.

my babies were born about a week after i posted this. they didn't move, despite me doing pretty much everything in the natural arsenal a million times over. My babyA was just wedged really tight transverse and her brother was sitting breech on her chest, i think that stuck her there. I went into labor spontaneously and labored a loooong time trying to get her to turn with my doula and all the natural tricks I've ever heard of, but finally headed in for a c/section after her bag ruptured and her arm/shoulder was presenting (figured that was definitive enough, yk?)

Thanks for all your stories! 

Old 05-07-2011, 10:09 PM

I delivered one breech and one head down.  No docs ever mentioned vertex or horizontal  because it changes so frequently.  My first was engaged head down for >4 wks.  I was given a CT to see if Baby A's head was as big or bigger than baby B's because I told my docs I didn't want one vaginal and one c-sect.  So both were delivered vaginally.  Baby B was delivered feet first, after a head first baby A.  Hope that helps!

Old 05-11-2011, 11:43 AM

Mine were Breech/Vertex (which is different then vertex/breech) and were born via c-section because of pre-e at 39w4d.  We were concerned about them locking chins and thus decided against induction.  They really were pushing me to have a section at 38 weeks, but I held off until my BP forced the issue. 

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
Old 05-12-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrey View Post
finally headed in for a c/section after her bag ruptured and her arm/shoulder was presenting (figured that was definitive enough, yk?

I think so too mama thumbsup.gif

congratulations love.giflove.gif

and i hope you are recovering well blowkiss.gif

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

Old 05-17-2011, 06:27 AM

The day before I delivered, they were both vertex/vertex...then BAM! Both footling breech.  I had an emergency c-section because we knew one had a unilaterally enlarged ventricle.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:07 PM

mine were complete breech, breech/transverse and they were both born complete breech (at home!).

becky.
mama to m (3/96), o (8/07), p (5/09) and our twins: r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) 

Old 05-25-2011, 04:12 PM

Breech and breech transverse. They were this way pretty much the whole second half of my pregnancy. I had a c section at 38 weeks and was not unhappy with how everything turned out. Not my ideal delivery, but knowing I was having twins, I realized it was a possibility and had time to come to terms with it.

Lucky SAHM to wonderful twin girls (9/09)
Old 05-25-2011, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
When I was 36 2weeks, both babies made a little number 7 with their heads together, so one was footling breech and the other transverse. When they were born at 38 weeks 1 day, they were both head down, thank goodness!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Old 07-05-2011, 10:44 AM

My twins were born via c section.  They pretty much got stuck in one position from about 28 weeks or so on.  Both their heads were located in my upper left side with my little girl in a sitting position with her bum on my left hip, feel in my right hip.  My little boy was transverse facing my back.  I tried everything to get them to move, but it never happened.

Jessica, dizzy.gifmom to 3 little ladiesjumpers.gif and babygirl.gif babyboy.gif twins who can't figure out where her avatar came from.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:13 PM

Mine were vertex-vertex and even though they were only 29 weeks GA, all the doctors and nurses encouraged a vaginal birth. I shouldn't even say "encouraged" but "assumed." It was actually one of the small bright spots in the entire experience, realizing that everyone was just assuming I'd birth them vaginally despite all the other drama. But after A was born, B went into kind of a jackknife position. I heard the doctor say "I feel B's head...and hands...and feet...and they're all in the same place." She was not in severe distress but was having some decels, and at that GA I think they weren't taking chances on her, so she was born by c-section, which I do feel was the right decision.

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.

Tags
Vaginal Breech Birth , Breech Birth At Home
User Tag List