Hi, I'm jenny! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-24-2011, 04:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

...And I'm so thrilled I found you! shine.gif

A community of people with similar parenting ideals as me AND twins. Awesome. thumb.gif

Have been spending the last week reading through old posts, and just feel so glad and happy and excited that there're a bunch of like minded people in the same boat.

And you know? Ever since I've found this forum and started reading a lot... I feel suddenly pretty awesome about being a twin mom! I've got this happy bubbly and proud feeling inside now, thinking Yes! I've got twins! I'm part of the club. So nice.

So here's a bit about us: I'm the lucky mother of two wonderful little guys named leo and ethan, currently 9 months old, and we live with my husband in Perth, Australia.

We don't know if our guys are identical or fraternal. They had separate everything, so we assumed they'd be fraternal, but then we could only barely tell them apart for the first 3 months (lucky one's got a birthmark), and even though I now *usually* know who's who's, they still look pretty damn similar. But, who knows. I think I'm gonna do the dna test sometime soon, gotten to a point where I just want to know!

I found having twins incredibly hard for the first 6 months or so, but it seems to get a little better about every 3 months. And since a few weeks I'm actually really loving it! I LOVE having twins! I love that there's two of them, and for the first time in... well, ever, I'm not wishing they'd been born at different times. It's so beautiful seeing them interact, and witnessing them becoming proper little people, with their own personalities.

I think my guys are hilarious, and incredibly entertaining, and sweet and just wonderful together (and separately too!). Plus they're mobile now, and don't need to be held and rocked ALL the bloody time, and they're sleeping so much better - it's good.This is a big one for me, feeling this way, it's taken a long time.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello, and I'm looking forwards to being part of this .

Love and sunshine to you all from lovely Australia!

P.S. What does "being crunchy" mean?

#2 of 4 Old 03-24-2011, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome to MDC!joy.gif

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#3 of 4 Old 03-24-2011, 08:15 PM

welcome to MDC and congrats on the twins, feel free to come hang out in the various sections, like "Life With Babe" and our very own thread about twin babies. there are lots of other fun areas on MDC too!

as for "crunchy" most its just a term for those with a more natural bent on things, some folks embrace it others not so much

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#4 of 4 Old 03-26-2011, 10:28 PM

I love your enthusiasm!  Especially commendable for the mother of 9 month old twins. :>)  I don't think I saw the light of hope until our girls were 10 months and then it was a couple of more years before I began to feel anything close to "normal" again, lol!  This is a wonderful forum, full of good advice and encouragement.  I'm sure you will enjoy interacting and we look forward to your contributions.  My little sweeties are 4 years old now.  Whew!  It's been quite an adventure so far!  But I love it.  Please keep posting.  I'm interested in what you have to say.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page