New here, having triplets - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-25-2011, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello,

We found out yesterday at our 12 week ultrasound we are having triplets.  These are spontaneous triplets so we are very surprised.  I want to learn as much as possible.

Is there anything we can do to carry to term?  Is there any way to avoid a cesarean?  How do we maintain our attachment parenting lifestyle? I want to exclusively  breastfeed all 3, how is it done?

We have two boys, one is 5 the other 2.  We will be a family of 7.  Wow, that is the first time I have said that number. 

I look forward to meeting others.

All the best,

Kari

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2011, 04:31 PM

Congratulations Kari! I know all too well how overwhelming it is to find out you are having triplets. I was spinning for ages before I wrapped my head around the idea of having three more babies. I don't have answers to all of your questions since I haven't figured it all out myself. I will most definitely be doing my very best to nurse these babies. Beyond that though I don't really know. At this point what you need to do is eat, eat, eat. I found the book by Barbara Luke very helpful. I don't eat as much food as what she recommends, but it certainly gives you a good idea of what kind of nutrition you need with a triplet pregnancy. If it makes you feel any better, now at 22w I am much more excited and less terrified than I was at 9w when we found out that our twins were really triplets. I still don't know how we will do it, but I fall more in love with these babies everytime I feel them and see them on u/s! Please email if you want to [email protected]

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

Old 03-25-2011, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome and congratulations (times three, LOL!)

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Old 03-26-2011, 12:20 PM

Welcome and congrats!  I can only imagine the shock and surprise of seeing 3 babies on the ultrasound!

I just wanted to say that my LLL leader from our multiples group has seen several sets of triplet moms who breastfed - so it definitely can be done! 

Married to my love love.gif since 08/12/10, mama to E REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif04/06/01 and twin girls M and Z slingtwin.gif 01/08/11

We are a  slingtwin.gif  familybed2.gif cd.gif   nursex2.gif family!  Expecting #4 and #5 in September - what a surprise!

Old 03-27-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalovex3 View Post

Welcome and congrats!  I can only imagine the shock and surprise of seeing 3 babies on the ultrasound!

I just wanted to say that my LLL leader from our multiples group has seen several sets of triplet moms who breastfed - so it definitely can be done! 

There haven't been any in my LLL group. Does your leader know how they did it? I'm more worried about the fact that they will be premature than the fact of three.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

Old 03-27-2011, 09:52 PM

Congrats!joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

happy family!joy.gif we winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif

Tags
Parenting Multiples , Magical Multiple Moments Parents Of Multiples Share Stories And Advice On Raising Happy Healthy Twin
User Tag List