Funny story - getting my twins dressed - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-01-2011, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

After my almost 3 year old twins finished their game of running around naked pretending to go swimming at the pool (must have been the ol' bathing suit optional pool), I grabbed their t-shirts to put back on before they ate lunch.  They were standing beside each other. I grabbed dd's shirt and put it over her head and one arm through.  Grabbed her other arm and pulled it through.  They both start laughing and only then do I realize I had grabbed ds's arm and put it through dd's shirt.  Too funny.  They stood there looking at their arms for a while and we all had a good laugh.  Can't believe it took me so long to notice.  Now that would definitely not happen with a singleton baby.   

Karen - spouse to dh for 11 years, mama to ds (Nov '02), dd (May '05) and ds and dd (Jun '08)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2011, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
lol.gif

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Old 04-03-2011, 01:32 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

That is funny. Only another MoM would appreciate it.

: wife to James, MoM to R babyboy.gif and D babyboy.gif  (Aug 2007) and E babygirl.gif (Nov 2009) and Y babyboy.gif (April 2012)

Old 04-03-2011, 06:27 PM

LOL! Funny how easy it is to get confused even when they're B/G twins, isn't it?!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:56 PM

Aww, so cute. My husband and I went to a wedding yesterday and left our 15 y/o and her friend, my 21 y/o niece and her friend at home to watch the twins. We only attended the ceremony and then had an intimate dinner at a seafood place. We were gone 4 hours top - the twins were asleep for 3 of those 4 hours. My daughter calls me as we're getting our car from valet crying hysterically. OMG, I'm thinking the worst thoughts. My niece gets on the phone and asks if I can tell the twins apart because she and the other girls dressed the twins in matching outfits and were taking "facebook" pics.

NO - we don't dress them alike. Sophia wears teal, green or blue. Grace wears black, white, yellow. I hate pink.

NO - they're not identical, they're fraternal.

YES - I can tell them apart. Or so I thought.

I told the girls not to worry because it wasn't a big deal. Really, I'm mom, it's not a big deal. I knew Sophia always refused the breast and had to be bottle fed. Grace has no problems nursing. So we get home and wait for the first hungry cry from Sophia, who we always feed first. She never cried. Neither of them did. I changed their diapers and they started crying. I put "Sophia" on my breast, she nursed! I put "Grace" on my breast, she nursed! I've tried tandem in the past and it did not work, I felt like a fool. Last night both of them nursed with NO complaints. This morning I remembered their last doc visit and how one weighed more than the other. My husband tried "weighing them" with his hands but uh, that was futile. We had a good laugh and decided it's not a big deal and renamed them based solely on their personalities. Then I painted their big toes green and yellow.

My twins turned 3 wks today and we took them to Disneyland to try out their new stroller. They did really good. I managed to eat my way around the park. upsidedown.gif

Old 04-12-2011, 02:15 PM

Both stories are hysterical.  Mixing up the twins though has to be the best story I've heard in a while.  Thanks for the laughs ladies.

Mom to DD kid.gif& DS superhero.gif11/07 and mom to an angel angel.gif
WAHM  computergeek2.gif              knit.gif    

User Tag List