Has anyone tried EC'ing their multiples? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-05-2011, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We have 14 month old girl/boy twins.  We just started EC (elimination communication- Diaper Free Baby) three weeks ago. Has anyone else tried EC'ing their multiples?  

#2 of 4 Old 04-05-2011, 09:56 PM

I wish I knew about EC from the beginning. At this point I just have different priorities. 

I think about doing it a lot, but then, often, taking care of one would severely mess up the other baby's situation. Like, if they're napping (on me of course), one wakes up -- this would be a potty-tunity, but me moving would wake up the other guy, and I don't want to do that. So I congratulate MOM's who can do it.

Mama to twin boys born at 30 weeks. 5/21/10. 
nursex2.giffamilybed2.gifslingtwin.gifcd.gifsigncirc1.gifintactlact.gif
#3 of 4 Old 04-13-2011, 02:08 PM

We're not doing full on EC (it really does seem difficult logistically with twins) but started early pottying/learning around 14 months too (Diaper Free before 3 was our book).    The boys took to it really well, though they still wear diapers when we're out or when I'm lazy and we're not quite there all the way yet. 

#4 of 4 Old 04-13-2011, 06:09 PM

We started putting our girls on the potty at regular routine times (after waking, before sleeping, at any diaper change, etc.) at around 5 months old.  Some days we did more potty time than others.  It was a relaxed approach, but it definitely helped!  They were never fully trained into diapers and pooed almost exclusively in the potty from 6-7 months onward.  They still weren't fully in undies during the day until 2 years old, probably since I waited for warm summer weather to let them run around naked / bottomless for training help!

I really think that introducing the potty at a very young age helped avoid potty avoidance issues later... writing this for anyone with itty bitty babes who might be reading!   The two potties were given to me from a colleague; I thought she was crazy but told myself I'd give it a try and stick with it ONLY if it wasn't one more difficult thing to do.  Ends up it wasn't difficult and made things easier (and less stinky!). 

Mama to twin girls Adele and Nadia, born 5/2008

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page