Is sex ok when pregnant with twins? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-16-2011, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is it safe only up to a certain point or ok the whole pregnancy? 

#2 of 9 Old 04-16-2011, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sure. It's not like you can get any more pregnant. lol.gif

Seriously, barring any complications (in which case your care provider will discuss limitations with you) there's no reason to avoid sex. Enjoy it while you can!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#3 of 9 Old 04-16-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post

Sure. It's not like you can get any more pregnant. lol.gif

Seriously, barring any complications (in which case your care provider will discuss limitations with you) there's no reason to avoid sex. Enjoy it while you can!

haha this made me laugh. 

Yiup discuss with doc but you will know when its enough.  I didn't but have a history of preterm labor... so sex really made me contract a ton and didn't want to risk anything. 

Mama to a zoo!
#4 of 9 Old 04-18-2011, 10:58 AM

I stopped at around 24 weeks, but that's because I was having a lot of contractions and my OB recommended that I avoid penetration and orgasm, because both seemed to be aggravating my contractions. But as long as you are comfortable and enjoying it, and you are not having complications, there is no reason not to enjoy yourself right up until the babies are born.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
#5 of 9 Old 04-19-2011, 08:30 AM

we did it until it just got too ridiculous to even try...lol. i mean, we did it the last week i was pregnant, but by then it was no longer really fun...i mean, i had to have six billion pillows and i just felt like a gigantic behemoth...not very hot, is what im sayin.

becky.
mama to m (3/96), o (8/07), p (5/09) and our twins: r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) 

#6 of 9 Old 04-19-2011, 10:50 AM

We fooled around until my so-called 7th month. I had to use the "sex wedge" which I ended up

sleeping with all the time because it was so comfortable. The sex started getting ridiculous and

I wasn't able to enjoy it any longer. Without being too graphic - there was a great position of us

spooning on our sides and he'd hold my top leg up for uhh access but my darn leg would

cramp up and I'd end up with a Charlie Horse!!! AGH!

Then our tried and true stand up - bend over position which worked out great until I threw my

back out from the weight of the babies shifting my core forward.

After the 7th month we did one at a time (if you know what I mean). :)

Now we're able to have kangaroo time with each other and it's GREAT! I actually resumed sex

3 weeks after the girls were born and haven't stopped since. lol.gif

It's one of the few things I look forward to after a long day of breastfeeding. BTW, my husband

thought this emoticon: thumbsuck.gif was the symbol for fellatio. whistling.gif

#7 of 9 Old 04-19-2011, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks all, these replies were helpful!!
#8 of 9 Old 04-25-2011, 12:45 PM

I had a ton of sex after week 40 hoping it would help kick start things.  Nothing.  If the contractions are just from orgasm and don't continue then I'd say go for it.    As for sex from weeks oh, about 30-40, not so much!2whistle.gif  The contractions hurt, a lot, and it just wasn't worth it imo.  Plus that big as a house feeling isn't very conducive for... well.... anything!

Me.  With 1 spouse, 4 kids, 16 chickens, 74 matchbox cars, 968,562+ legos, a dishwasher waiting to be emptied, a washing machine waiting to be filled and a lost cup of tea in the house.

#9 of 9 Old 05-01-2011, 04:22 PM

Sex has definitely slowed down for us. I'm 34 weeks now and we're able to have sex about every other week. I'm usually on my side with my leg propped up on pillows. I'm enjoying it as long as it doesn't take a long time, LOL. My OB & Peri never forbade us because my cervix is staying so long, despite all the contractions I'm having. I truly think it depends on how you feel and what your doctor or midwife says, as well as your past history.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page