Starting to think about sleeping arrangements - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-17-2011, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So with our two dd's we usually had the start out the night in a cradle in our room and then they came to bed with us. Even now at 8 & 3 they really like to sleep with us. DD1 had a crib but never slept well in it. DD2 we never used a crib at all. All standard normal sleeping things for a MDC member lol! So what in the world do we do with tripletsÉ We`ve had a few cribs offered to us. Should be try harder to get these babies to be crib sleepersÉ I was thinking one crib in our room, one in the room across the hall and one in the dining room. We never use our dining room table so I was going  to use it for a big change table and baby central. Any good ideasÉ I definitely think that  we are in over our heads with three new babies joining our family! Also we have moved the two older girls into a room together and are working on getting them (mostly the 3 yr old) to sleep in there more consistently. Its going pretty well so far.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#2 of 4 Old 04-17-2011, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Also I should mention that we have a queen + twin on the floor. DH usually gets stuck on the twin though lol! Should I try three across in the crib (it would be against a wall) or three across the twin bedÉ

#3 of 4 Old 04-18-2011, 05:51 AM

With my twins and older two dc's we usually did a divide and conquer approach lol.gif.  I would sleep in the king size bed with the twins and nurse while dh would sleep in ds1's bed (double size) with ds1 and dd1.  Over time we worked on getting the older two into (and staying in) their own beds.  At that point dh came back to our bed with the younger two.  I'm sure you will find something that works.  My only real advice is to just be flexible and try to do whatever you can to make sure everyone (including you) get the most sleep. 

Karen - spouse to dh for 11 years, mama to ds (Nov '02), dd (May '05) and ds and dd (Jun '08)

#4 of 4 Old 04-18-2011, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Am I really ever going to sleep again? DD1 is 8 so she mostly sleeps on her own. Usually if she doesn't its b/c she is jealous of her little sister or sick. Its more the 3yr old that we have to work on. I've always done the nighttime parenting on my own until they were older and needed bouncing to get through teething as well as nursing. I really can't imagine doing nights on my own with three. DH is going to have to get up at night with me at least to change diapers and hold or bottle feed one while I nurse the others. My mom is going to come stay. Maybe she should do bedtime for the others? This should all be really interesting!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page