WHOOP I am celebrating==twins are STTN! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-24-2011, 05:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am pretty freaking excited lol. I do NOT breastfeed, just letting you know.My twins are 10 weeks old and have started sleeping through from 9pm-7am!! This was the 4th night in a row. I cannot believe it!!!!! I never got up with them at night anyway, I have heart failure and am extremely exhausted and have bad heart palps when I am tired so hubby was getting up with them. They were first eating every 2 hours, then 3 then 4 then one night we tired them out by going to a birthday party, not intentionally trying to tire them, but they slept through and since then...they are sleeping. They eat 6 ozs of formula every 3 hours in the daytime and their last feed is at about 8 ish. They sleep in their own cribs because they were not liking the sharing a crib thing. They are really such easy babies. They each weigh over 12 pounds now too! One twin weighs closer to 13. I am pretty hyped about them sleeping, did not think that would happen at this age much less with twins.

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#2 of 7 Old 04-24-2011, 06:07 AM - Thread Starter

Also they do NOT take pacifiers. They go to sleep on our chests and then we gently rouse them before we lay them down so they can settle down themselves in cribs. It takes them about 20 mins of singing to themselves and one twin rocks her head back and forth lol its so cute and then they pass out.

#3 of 7 Old 04-24-2011, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Awesome! My girls were sleeping 6 hrs a night for 4 nights straight and I got in trouble! LOL. Their pedi said they needed an extra night feeding. I get them up around 2am for a feeding and they typically nurse for a few minutes and fall asleep. Then I put them back in the bed and snuggle down deep.

Sophia and Grace are 6 weeks today.

#4 of 7 Old 04-24-2011, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

crashing from new posts, not a multiple mama

Not trying to burst your bubble, but many babies go through sleep regressions as they pass through developmental stages.  Enjoy this while you can, but just be prepared for the possibility of it getting rough when they are teething, starting solids, or learning to crawl.

Bring back the old MDC
#5 of 7 Old 04-24-2011, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Oh i know..i have two other kids PP. Im just surprised that they did so well. My singletons didnt STTN til about 5 months like this!

#6 of 7 Old 04-24-2011, 05:02 PM

Congratulations!!

Oh, that's so wonderful, and your husband must just feel awesome to be able to get some sleep again! Enjoy it as long as it lasts winky.gif

#7 of 7 Old 05-13-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwithboys View Post

crashing from new posts, not a multiple mama

Not trying to burst your bubble, but many babies go through sleep regressions as they pass through developmental stages.  Enjoy this while you can, but just be prepared for the possibility of it getting rough when they are teething, starting solids, or learning to crawl.

Jeeeze.... a simple yay would do instead of trying to "burst someone's bubble".... or not saying anything if you cannot say something nice. 

To the OP... that's awesome!  I'm so glad they are sleeping well for you.  I think that's one thing we feel exceptionally blessed with having twins.  They have always slept great.    I wish you the best of luck in your recovery! 

Mama to a zoo!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page