Did/Do your twins share a crib? and if so so for how long did they or how long are you planning on them sharing a crib? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 05-09-2011, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just curious what others are doing my boys sleep in the same crib .

Mother to  Joaquin 10-13-00ribboncesarean.gif , Israel 9-5-2008 hbac.gif Judah 01-26-11hbac.gif Jax 01-26-11ribboncesarean.gif
#2 of 22 Old 05-09-2011, 10:44 AM

We never had our boys share a crib. We co-slept the first 8 or so months, then transitioned them into their own cribs. Now they are 2 and have just moved (in the past 6 weeks) to their own twin beds. They are doing awesome! I notice that sometimes at nap they'll switch each other's pillows or stuffed animals but they never switch beds.

We have always encouraged independence and individuality with our boys. After they were about 6 months old we never dressed them in matching outfits. They are fraternal twins and are so unalike in both appearance and personalities that it is easy for strangers to mistake them as just being siblings close in age.

I just adore the uniqueness and independence of them both! love.gif

Deanna Mom to 3 boys! Jake (April 2006) & Twin Boobie Monsters Wesley & Nathan (Feb 2009)!  homeschool.gif nocirc.gif

#3 of 22 Old 05-09-2011, 10:45 AM

We co-slept and still co-sleep some.  But they have always slept together from day 1.  And they are sharing now at almost 4 yr old.

In the early days we'd have to deal with the awake one poking the sleeping one in the eyes.  As they got older, one would drape an arm or leg over the other.  Or they spoon.  And even now they snuggle.  Many nights though they're in our bed where they feel safest.

About 2 years old taking a nap

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#4 of 22 Old 05-09-2011, 10:58 AM

At first they slept with me, but now they sleep in their own twin beds. We've just pushed the twin beds together to make basically a king size, so they can still snuggle if they want. We won't pull the beds apart until they ask for it. Right now they're very happy to have their own space but still be close.
#5 of 22 Old 05-09-2011, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

awe mamrabbit that pic is soo sweet,i hope my boys will still be close like that as they get older =). I wish i could co-sleep with mine but it's just not feasible in a full size bed =( especially since their 2 1/2 yr old brother slips into bed at night from his toddler bed.

Mother to  Joaquin 10-13-00ribboncesarean.gif , Israel 9-5-2008 hbac.gif Judah 01-26-11hbac.gif Jax 01-26-11ribboncesarean.gif
#6 of 22 Old 05-09-2011, 12:25 PM

My twins are now 5 but shared a moses basket then a cot til about 6 months, they still share a room and  they now have both been sleeping in one single bed whenever i check on them before i go to bed

#7 of 22 Old 05-09-2011, 06:11 PM

Mine shared a crib until they were probably about 6 mos old or so. Really it was just because they were really tall & it just got uncomfortable for them. Then they slept in side by side cribs, then side by side toddler beds then side by side twin beds. When they were a little over 5, their sister moved into her little toddler bed sort of in between their twin beds & that's when the separation started. They all 3 shared a bedroom until she was about 4 when she decided she wanted her own. Their beds are no longer side by side but they're 16 years old & still share a bedroom. smile.gif
#8 of 22 Old 05-10-2011, 12:19 AM

2 months old over here. Sharing a crib but bassinets, baskets and playpens are all separate. And I have yet to dress them alike. I'm strange like that. love.gif

#9 of 22 Old 05-10-2011, 03:18 AM

Mine shared a crib from day 1 and when they were about 10 months old they got too big to share, so we borrowed a crib from a neighbor and put them next to each other. Many nights I would go in and check on them and they were holding hands through the bars. When they were around 2 we moved them into their big boy beds just before I gave birth (we needed the crib for her) but because of the size of the beds and the shape of the room they can't be next to each other. There are times when they will snuggle together, but they don't sleep together anymore. I think they like their own space when sleeping. Both of them are restless sleepers which is one of the reasons why we don't co-sleep.

: wife to James, MoM to R babyboy.gif and D babyboy.gif  (Aug 2007) and E babygirl.gif (Nov 2009) and Y babyboy.gif (April 2012)

#10 of 22 Old 05-10-2011, 06:04 AM

Same room different cribs since about 2 weeks old. They HATE to sleep together.

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#11 of 22 Old 05-10-2011, 10:48 AM

Our twins are just shy of 4 months and have shared a bassinet, and now a crib since day 1.  We swaddle them at nights so they can't swat each other, and they've been sleeping through the night since 3 months.  During the day, they nap seperately, and never in their crib, always out with the other kids where it's bright and noisy.  I think we will probably get another crib when they don't like being swaddled anymore.  Whatever keeps them sleeping all night!  I finally feel like a mom instead of a machine!

#12 of 22 Old 05-10-2011, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

@smurfette I dont dress mine alike either , i have one pic of them in the same outfit and thats because a family friend bought them and i didnt wan tto hurt her feelings .

#13 of 22 Old 05-10-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula13 View Post

@smurfette I dont dress mine alike either , i have one pic of them in the same outfit and thats because a family friend bought them and i didnt wan tto hurt her feelings .

LOL. I have outfits like those. I remember I used to ask people if they use the baby clothes I bought them and they'd just shrug and I'd be all offended.

Now, when people say, "Oh, they look cute - I bought them that outfit," I'm like great... who cares? LOL.

#14 of 22 Old 05-11-2011, 12:56 PM

They shared a crib until they were about 6 months.  Then they would wake each other up and be mad all the time.  Their cribs are next to each other, so they can happily stand and talk to each other and hand blankets and toys back and forth. 

#15 of 22 Old 05-11-2011, 05:58 PM

They shared up until they started getting mobile and kicking each other, around 8 months (5.5 adjusted). Then they had their own cribs and co-slept with us some of the time. Then we gave them our queen bed and bought a king, and they start in their bed and come to ours later.

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.
#16 of 22 Old 05-11-2011, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mine are five months old. I had all these grand visions of cosleeping them which were dashed when Molly gave Matthew a bloody nose. :/ Generally, we cosleep at night with one on either side of me. For naps, they're on their own.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#17 of 22 Old 05-11-2011, 07:28 PM

All three slept together for about 2 years. Then one didn't like to snuggle (still doesn't) so she moved to her own and the other two stayed together in the crib and then a queen mattress until they asked for their own beds 6 months ago. (They are 5 now.) Every so often those two still snuggle in one bed together.

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#18 of 22 Old 05-17-2011, 07:49 AM

Mine are 17months and still share a crib.  We used a travel sized pack-n-play as a bassinet until they outgrew it.  They slept in it the short way (they were so tiny) for a couple of months and then the long way for a few more months but I'd say they've been in the crib since together since they were 6mo.  They start out head to foot but they both flop around and all over eachother all night long.  They very seldom bother the other one though.

Rachel
Mommy to DS13, DS12, DS7, DD5, DD3, and twin GIRLS : born at home in the water on 12/18/09
#19 of 22 Old 05-23-2011, 04:26 PM

Privacy Reminder: This thread is FEATURED ON FACEBOOK.

#20 of 22 Old 05-25-2011, 12:31 AM

what does that mean?

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#21 of 22 Old 05-25-2011, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
There's a thread about it in Q and S. Personally, I find it really annoying that topics are being derailed with this.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#22 of 22 Old 07-05-2011, 09:40 AM

Our twins coslept with us.  They are almost a year now, and we are starting to get them to sleep outside our bed.  They do share a crib.  They sleep much better when they are together than apart.

Jessica, dizzy.gifmom to 3 little ladiesjumpers.gif and babygirl.gif babyboy.gif twins who can't figure out where her avatar came from.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page