Any of you have more than one set of twins? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-24-2011, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well our "Baby Evan" is actually "Baby Evan & Co." because we're expecting twins... again.

Just got back from Italy - on my way to my doc to make sure my nose healed properly. I'm

a mess.

I'm 8 weeks, totally bloated and hugely preg. I look like I'm about 4 mos. More later...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2011, 02:03 PM

Oh my, and congratulations! 

ME&treehugger.gifHE... loving our: wild.gifdd(18) ~~violin.gifds(13) read.gifdd(13)~~ peace.gifdd(10)

Old 06-24-2011, 02:46 PM

I've been wondering if you'd found out for sure yet!  Congratulations!  

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:03 PM

Congratulations! Take care. Hope your nose will heal soon.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryan View Post

We experienced the same.

My second pregnancy also started as a twin pregnancy. We lost one little baby.

I don't mean to pry but I am losing sleep over this. When did you miscarry the 2nd baby?

My nose healed "okay-so-so" and I can risk going thru a 2nd surgery to fine-comb the kinks or just hang on until next Spring and undergo the rhinoplasty then. My only concerns now would be pain management since I nurse and anesthesia - whether local or regional, none of them seem like a good idea while I'm pregnant. My doc recommends fixing my nose now while the tissue is still soft and unscarred (less pain, faster healing) and that the local anesthesia would be as safe as getting a root canal in the 1st trimester. I have to think about it.

So far this pregnancy is going okay. I have major headaches in the AM and as I said before, my baby bump looks like I'm 4 months along. This is the 3rd day where my milk supply has diminished and I'm kind of concerned. I spoon fed G today some pureed cereal and bananas which was pretty much 70% breastmilk but she loved it. I think she'll be ready for regular solids a lot sooner than 6 months. Anyway, I've been trying to pump all day and yielding very little. I think the girls are able to get more via nursing but I'm concerned nonetheless. I probably should eat more since I'm feeding five people! I was up 5 or 6 lbs since I last weighed in at 6 weeks but in the three days we've been home, I've lost 2 lbs. Oh well, I'll deal with that tomorrow.

Have a good night everyone! :)

Old 06-27-2011, 01:42 AM

I was about 9-10 weeks pregnant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfette2 View Post

I don't mean to pry but I am losing sleep over this. When did you miscarry the 2nd baby?

Old 06-27-2011, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryan View Post

I was about 9-10 weeks pregnant.

hug2.gif

Old 07-15-2011, 09:13 PM

Congrats on the second set!  I have two sets as well-back to back MZ girls and then MZ boys.  You are in for a wild ride but I'm sure you knew that already.  ;)

Heather, Army wife & Mama to M (10), J (9), L & S (my HBAC babies are 7!), N & R (5), and A (born 11/30/12 UBA2C)
Old 07-17-2011, 12:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

When we went for pregancy confirmation at 8 weeks there was an empty sac, they weren't sure if it would develop or not. Because they think I conceived my boys a week apart, and they weren't sure of gestational age, we went back at 12 weeks to check and the sac was gone. It was a terrible blow, and it took me about 4 months pp to stop seeing a shadow next to her and to enjoy her for the single that she was. Then I had a dream that my next preg. would be triplets - another set of twins and one for the one I lost and I felt much better. joy.gif Even if it doesn't happen, it still gave me hope.

: wife to James, MoM to R babyboy.gif and D babyboy.gif  (Aug 2007) and E babygirl.gif (Nov 2009) and Y babyboy.gif (April 2012)

Old 07-18-2011, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleheather79 View Post

Congrats on the second set!  I have two sets as well-back to back MZ girls and then MZ boys.  You are in for a wild ride but I'm sure you knew that already.  ;)

Please share your story. How far apart are your twins? I totally didn't plan this despite the rolling of eyes that goes on when people see me with the two girls and pregnant again. Geez. Cut me some slack. I'm married. I'm employed. Let me worry about it. Anyway, I just want to absorb as much training and helpful hints as possible. So far my girls aren't so bad. We went thru some colic in the early days, I suffered from PPD badly and Sophia is a finicky nurser but other than that, they're so fun. It's nice having a baby or two in the house again. I've got a scooter on my hands. My girl Sophia scoots her butt out of everything but usually the seatbelt is on so she gets stuck. Oh my goodness, we rescue her like 20 times a day. If we leave her on the floor, she doesn't move. She wants to scoot. Tummy time she's been aeroplaning her legs and then propping one underneath her body. She might crawl sooner than expected.

Did you nurse all 4 kids? BTW, I want all girls. DH wants at least one boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuli View Post

When we went for pregancy confirmation at 8 weeks there was an empty sac, they weren't sure if it would develop or not. Because they think I conceived my boys a week apart, and they weren't sure of gestational age, we went back at 12 weeks to check and the sac was gone. It was a terrible blow, and it took me about 4 months pp to stop seeing a shadow next to her and to enjoy her for the single that she was. Then I had a dream that my next preg. would be triplets - another set of twins and one for the one I lost and I felt much better. joy.gif Even if it doesn't happen, it still gave me hope.

Okay DH is totally onboard to try for triplets. He's crazy and he has no more swimmers. This is my last pregnancy. Today I was at Urgent Care for 5 hrs because my b/p was extremely high. And my feet were so swollen it was painful to walk. I was limping! Horrible. Anyway, I got some meds, lowered my b/p and they ordered me to take it easy and go on a low sodium diet. Ugh. Also I have to cut out cold medications because the doc felt like the Dayquil and Sudafed were sending my b/p over the top.
I don't know. I'm only 11 weeks in and already having complications. I need to go camping to rejuvinate.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfette2 View Post

Please share your story. How far apart are your twins? I totally didn't plan this despite the rolling of eyes that goes on when people see me with the two girls and pregnant again. Geez. Cut me some slack. I'm married. I'm employed. Let me worry about it. Anyway, I just want to absorb as much training and helpful hints as possible. So far my girls aren't so bad. We went thru some colic in the early days, I suffered from PPD badly and Sophia is a finicky nurser but other than that, they're so fun. It's nice having a baby or two in the house again. I've got a scooter on my hands. My girl Sophia scoots her butt out of everything but usually the seatbelt is on so she gets stuck. Oh my goodness, we rescue her like 20 times a day. If we leave her on the floor, she doesn't move. She wants to scoot. Tummy time she's been aeroplaning her legs and then propping one underneath her body. She might crawl sooner than expected.

Did you nurse all 4 kids? BTW, I want all girls. DH wants at least one boy.

My twins are 2 years apart.  When the second set arrived, my older kids were 5, 4, 2, and 2.  My older set are MZ girls and younger set are MZ boys.  (In my house, the boys are "easier!")  When I was pregnant I was asked a lot of silly questions and most people assumed I'd done fertility treatments or something.  Watch out, you'll get even more comments and questions when your second set is born!

Yes, I did nurse all 4 of mine.  Actually, my girls nursed until they were 4, so I spent 2 years nursing all 4 of them together.  It was a crazy, unique, amazing experience!  I had figured that they would wean during my pregnancy but they just never did. 

Heather, Army wife & Mama to M (10), J (9), L & S (my HBAC babies are 7!), N & R (5), and A (born 11/30/12 UBA2C)
Old 07-22-2011, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleheather79 View Post

My twins are 2 years apart.  When the second set arrived, my older kids were 5, 4, 2, and 2.  My older set are MZ girls and younger set are MZ boys.  (In my house, the boys are "easier!")  When I was pregnant I was asked a lot of silly questions and most people assumed I'd done fertility treatments or something.  Watch out, you'll get even more comments and questions when your second set is born!

Yes, I did nurse all 4 of mine.  Actually, my girls nursed until they were 4, so I spent 2 years nursing all 4 of them together.  It was a crazy, unique, amazing experience!  I had figured that they would wean during my pregnancy but they just never did. 

Awesome! I'm not quite sure what our plan of attack is when this set arrives in Feb but I'm hoping by then our girls will be old enough to take a back seat for a minute. We've moved into a bigger house, we figure we'll need the extra room and we're looking into purchasing a 7 passenger vehicle in the fall. I'm finally 12 weeks along and very excited about this pregnancy now. I've been feeling subtle movement from them since the 8-9th week or so and I look as though I'm about 4 months pregnant.

I get the IVF and surrogacy questions on a regular basis now. NO ONE believes my twins are the result of a hormone imbalance - not even our own families. I will say my medical care is a whole lot different this time around. Because this pregnancy is so close to the last and twins, obviously I'm considered high risk. On top of that I have gestational hypertension which completely sucks. I have to be on a low sodium diet, yuck! I'm going to start seeing a perinatologist from here on out. My referral came through this afternoon.

All in all, I'm excited. I'm completely overwhelmed by the stroller and car seat situation but I'll deal with that when the time comes. Have a good weekend everyone!

Old 09-20-2011, 01:39 AM - Thread Starter

Looks like my twins ended up being triplets. Oh well. Lmao.

Car situation: We bought a Chevy Traverse. Fits 2 convertible car seats in the 3rd row with room in the middle. And fits 3 infant car seats in the 2nd row. We bought an 8 seater model.

Stroller: I've been gushing for months now about my 2 Britax B-Ready strollers. One baby will have to be worn. Period. (or share a seat with a sibling... hmm)

Crib/Rooms: All 5 will share. End of story.

Am I prepared? Nope. I'm 20 weeks and simultaneously raising 6 mos old twins. I don't have much time to be afraid of what lies ahead. 

Old 09-20-2011, 10:55 AM

Sometimes the universe has a wacky sense of humor. I'm impressed with how well you're rollng with it.

For the first six weeks we put our twins together in a lie-flat single-baby pram. I wonder if you could get a Mary Poppins-style lie-flat pram and put all three in (http://www.silvercross.co.uk/)? It wasn't useful for very long, but while it was it was marvelous. (my mom had the pram in her garage from the older grandkids) And I love having the girls be able to snuggle up close to each other.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinap View Post

Sometimes the universe has a wacky sense of humor. I'm impressed with how well you're rollng with it.

For the first six weeks we put our twins together in a lie-flat single-baby pram. I wonder if you could get a Mary Poppins-style lie-flat pram and put all three in (http://www.silvercross.co.uk/)? It wasn't useful for very long, but while it was it was marvelous. (my mom had the pram in her garage from the older grandkids) And I love having the girls be able to snuggle up close to each other.

I have the Leebruss twin pram. The only problem is each baby lies in their own carrycot. :( And the whole thing is devilishly heavy. 

As for "rolling with it" - I've had numerous doubts about whether or not I should've continued with the pregnancy. It's all documented in here somewhere. I'm STILL not sure I did the right thing. The worst that can happen is I'll have 3 more kids. Whatever. I can afford it. I have help. It's time I shut up about it. 

User Tag List