Any of you have more than one set of twins? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 45 Old 05-13-2011, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just wanted to know if anyone had two or more sets of twins.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 45 Old 05-14-2011, 06:40 AM

I have not faced that situation - in fact I was always the one who wanted more....but right now, I'd say the only thing you can do is take the time to cool off - then sit down and talk to him. He may change his mind again - in the meantime be clear and say you need time to recover from THIS pregnancy before you talk about another one. If you're going to 'do the deed' make sure to use precautions. EXTRA precautions.But realize that even with them, there is still a chance the decision could be taken out of your hands.

The biggest thing is TALK. talk talk talk....HUGS! I hope you are able to come to a decision together without heartache.

Tamika
Mum to 5 wonderful gifts!!
#3 of 45 Old 05-14-2011, 07:43 AM

My DH got "snipped" when I was 6mo pregnant with our twins ( #3&4 for us). About a year later, he says it would be great if I got pregnant again and wouldn't it be grand if it was twins?

I almost hit him. Like, seriously knock his block off! I still don't want more and he would be happy to have more, but we are both okay with our family where it is.

So how seriously does he want a boy? Enough to cause real issues in the marriage? Even though I really don't want more, I had second thoughts about the vasectomy- just so final, ya know?

Remain firm with your feelings, but try to give him some time to really sort out why he didn't go through with it.

Joanna - wife to Mike, mamachicken to Cub(8/98), Kitten (4/07), Dew-man, and Woe-boy(twins, 10/08)
#4 of 45 Old 05-15-2011, 05:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Both my pregnancies started as twins. When we saw the second set of twins we were actually thrilled. Call us crazy, I know. But we had two boys, we wanted two girls and then we'd be done. 4 kids in 3 years and I'm 37, then we lost one. It has taken us some time to recover and now I'm ready to have my fourth, soon. We are still in negotiation (it's only financial problems at this point, I haven't been able to find a job in 18 months). Point of the rambling - I agree with PP, you gotta talk and make your feelings known. A frank discussion when you are not upset or angry will go a long way to resolving the issue. Good luck.

: wife to James, MoM to R babyboy.gif and D babyboy.gif  (Aug 2007) and E babygirl.gif (Nov 2009) and Y babyboy.gif (April 2012)

#5 of 45 Old 05-15-2011, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Shuli - I'm very sorry for your loss. hug2.gif

Thanks Mama, Chaotic and Shuli!

#6 of 45 Old 05-15-2011, 09:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

My friend was PG with her 5th child at age 22.  she had 2 sets of twins back to back.  Lucky her that her kids are so laid back

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#7 of 45 Old 05-16-2011, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharlla View Post

My friend was PG with her 5th child at age 22.  she had 2 sets of twins back to back.  Lucky her that her kids are so laid back

OMG! yikes.gif

UPDATE: The Smurfette Baby Maker will cease production by the end of May. I'm not going to say I "won" this battle or that I'm keeping score but uhh, he's 0-1 right now. thumb.gif He says he's doing as my anniversary gift. Aww, thanks.

#8 of 45 Old 05-16-2011, 04:40 PM

well that's good news. oh did i mention that she's a single mom?  i cant imagine

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#9 of 45 Old 05-16-2011, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

Why did she have so many babies so early? 3 pregnancies by age 22? That's a bit much. I hope she was married at one point. That would explain the back-2-back twins.

#10 of 45 Old 05-16-2011, 09:50 PM

She did get married to the 3rd father but he got sick then diagnosed with lou gehrig's.  she quit her job and stayed at home to care for him sine he was already on disability for MR but then his guardians (her adoptive parents) removed him from her home right before he died.  at least her sister has moved in with her to help her out since she's unemployed. 

#11 of 45 Old 05-17-2011, 07:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

In the small town that we live there are several families here who have two sets of twins. Some have only the two sets, but there is one family who had a singleton, singleton, twins, twins, singleton. She said they got live in help for three months after the second set of twins was born two years after the first set. My aunt's friend had a singleton, 18 months later she had twins and 18 months later she had triplets. 6 kids under the age of six, now that's incredible. She says she still keeps in touch with her and the triplets are in their twenties now, so it was before the invention of ultrasound. Maybe it was a blessing that she didn't have an opportunity to freak out :-)

: wife to James, MoM to R babyboy.gif and D babyboy.gif  (Aug 2007) and E babygirl.gif (Nov 2009) and Y babyboy.gif (April 2012)

#12 of 45 Old 05-17-2011, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Wow. My husband read the "single - twins - trips" and was like "That's EFFING awesome!"

I can't wait until he goes back to work. 

#13 of 45 Old 05-25-2011, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Well, the lines have been cut. And I feel sooooooo bad.duh.gif  It's so permanent, I feel selfish for even thinking this was a good idea. DH says no regrets but suddenly I want a house full of kids.mecry.gif

#14 of 45 Old 05-25-2011, 02:15 PM

hug2.gif

mom to sam arlo (5), olive loretta (3)....and twin girls Annie and Ramona Jean, born 3/10.

#15 of 45 Old 05-26-2011, 01:12 PM

mecry.gifhug2.gif

Sympathies. 

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

#16 of 45 Old 05-28-2011, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Hey Moms - thanks for the support. Seriously, I really appreciate it. I've been so down I couldn't bring myself to look at these forums.

#17 of 45 Old 05-31-2011, 02:38 PM

Oh, Smurfette!!!   What an up-and-down roller-coaster!  I hope you get in to that visit and find everything is going wonderfully.  Most of all - I wish you a healthy baby or two (hopefully including a son); and a very happy husband, self, and family.  Congratulations!!!  You will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers; and I'll look forward to hearing updates on how you're doing.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfette2 View Post

Well, the lines have been cut. And I feel sooooooo bad.duh.gif  It's so permanent, I feel selfish for even thinking this was a good idea. DH says no regrets but suddenly I want a house full of kids.mecry.gif

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

#18 of 45 Old 05-31-2011, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

Roller coaster? No. More like just me and my usual neurotic self. I couldn't wait until my doc's appt so I went to urgent care. 2whistle.gif I gave the symptoms of an UTI as my "reason" for being there. I peed in the cup and voila. 

So I got confirmation of a pregnancy and then they sent me home with the admonition to take care of myself and make an appointment with my regular doctor. Well my doc's office is upstairs so I went up and signed in as though I was scheduled. Didn't work. Docs are running tight ships nowadays and they pre-authorize your visit before you show up. But I did manage to tell him I'd been to the Urgent Care so he glanced at my digital chart then sent me to the lab for a blood test. Based on my lab results I have a standing order for an u/s on Friday. Thankfully I'd been fasting!

What's funny is I always considered myself in control of my reproduction but I guess I'm pretty bad at it. I am excited about the idea of son, just not so soon.

#19 of 45 Old 05-31-2011, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

I love the internet!

Apparently gestational sacs aren't present when HCG levels are below 1500 mIU/ml, which can be counted during a quantitative blood test. So whatever levels showed up in my urine must be really high because I'm only about 19 days in. Which leads me to think, "uh oh" singleton pregnancies don't produce that much HCG this early.

I drop eggs like an Easter bunny because I suffer from PCOS - I should've gotten my tubes tied.

BTW, I have no idea why I'm telling you Moms this. I wouldn't share this info with my neighbor. Anonymity is bad thing. Lol.

#20 of 45 Old 06-01-2011, 01:13 AM - Thread Starter

#21 of 45 Old 06-01-2011, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter

#22 of 45 Old 06-01-2011, 01:20 AM - Thread Starter

.So weird. Sorry for the multiple blank posts. I was trying to edit and it just came off as though I was drunk posting. :)

#23 of 45 Old 06-01-2011, 07:47 AM

Smurfette, you're hilarious!  We've been in the "oops" pregnancy game for years. LOL  Never regretted a single one of them once they're here.  After reading your chart notes above, I'm not surprised you've got a BFP.  I look forward to your update on Friday!  My girls are just a couple weeks older than yours, and I can't imaging being pregnant again already!!!  

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#24 of 45 Old 06-01-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfette2 View Post

I love the internet!

Apparently gestational sacs aren't present when HCG levels are below 1500 mIU/ml, which can be counted during a quantitative blood test. So whatever levels showed up in my urine must be really high because I'm only about 19 days in. Which leads me to think, "uh oh" singleton pregnancies don't produce that much HCG this early.

I drop eggs like an Easter bunny because I suffer from PCOS - I should've gotten my tubes tied.

BTW, I have no idea why I'm telling you Moms this. I wouldn't share this info with my neighbor. Anonymity is bad thing. Lol.

You know, it's one thing I really like about MDC.  There's a lot of stuff I wouldn't mention to close friends, but here - we're all more or less interested, and there's less fear of embarrassment.  Not to worry!

Congratulations, whether it's one baby, or the two that seem so possible!   stork-suprise.gif

#25 of 45 Old 06-01-2011, 09:12 PM

We have two sets!! I think the 2nd set was just as much of a surprise, if not more so, than the 1st. There are no twins in my family history at all so our two sets are such an amazing miracle to us. Both sets are frat boys. The 1st set made babies 4&5 for us and are 6 years old now. The 2nd set made babies 9&10 and just turned 7 months. The twin journey is so amazing to me. I'd do a 3rd set in a heartbeat.  

Blessed wife of a firefighter/paramedic and mom to 10...including 2 sets of very surprise twins!....with a sweet tiny boy welcomed into heaven at 14 wks gestation in 9/09
#26 of 45 Old 06-01-2011, 09:12 PM

We have two sets!! I think the 2nd set was just as much of a surprise, if not more so, than the 1st. There are no twins in my family history at all so our two sets are such an amazing miracle to us. Both sets are frat boys. The 1st set made babies 4&5 for us and are 6 years old now. The 2nd set made babies 9&10 and just turned 7 months. The twin journey is so amazing to me. I'd do a 3rd set in a heartbeat.  

Blessed wife of a firefighter/paramedic and mom to 10...including 2 sets of very surprise twins!....with a sweet tiny boy welcomed into heaven at 14 wks gestation in 9/09
#27 of 45 Old 06-01-2011, 09:13 PM

#28 of 45 Old 06-01-2011, 09:14 PM

Wow!! I pushed submit and it went a little crazy and posted it 3 times!! Can't figure out how to delete the copies. Sorry!

#29 of 45 Old 06-05-2011, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicinemansgirl View Post

Awesome! Your story totally gives me inspiration. We are completely unprepared for Baby #4, even moreso than hearing we were expecting twins. What worries me is even though I had an u/s on Friday and the tech immediately located the gestational sac, she lost it for a minute. Twice! And she mumbled something about thinking it was anterior vs posterior. My husband and I looked at each other thinking... two eggs, two locations, twins? She did the transvaginal instead of the standard over the tummy procedure. I guess my OB had ordered it that way. I know that whenever they're looking for new growths on my ovaries they use the transvaginal but I thought it was kinda weird she used it to confirm my pregnancy.

I'm not sure I updated but we are expecting another baby - due Feb 3, 2012. We're hoping we can hold off on learning the sex until birth and are calling him or her Baby Evan. So far so good. No morning sickness, no other symptoms but my teeth are killing me. This happens during every pregnancy. Something with my nerves or my blood pressure. None of my docs show concern so I guess it's not a prob, it's just annoying and painful and results in a lot of sleepless nights.

I broke my nose the other day and fractured some toes and sprained an ankle so all of that added trauma may be affecting my bp. I tripped in my flip flops on a pneumatic sprinkler and slammed into my husband's truck mirror. Total klutz but I'm fine. The swelling on my nose has finally subsided, in time for me to attend my cousin's graduation. I still have 2 black eyes though. LOL.

#30 of 45 Old 06-22-2011, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuli View Post

Both my pregnancies started as twins. When we saw the second set of twins we were actually thrilled. Call us crazy, I know. But we had two boys, we wanted two girls and then we'd be done. 4 kids in 3 years and I'm 37, then we lost one.

We experienced the same.

My second pregnancy also started as a twin pregnancy. We lost one little baby.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page