Should I wait until they have their 2 year old molars before weaning? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-22-2011, 05:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My twins are 23months old i cosleep with them and they both BF frequently throughout the night. I would like to night wean but as I am a solo parent, it seems daunting.
They both suffered terribly when they were teething. Is it better to wait until they have their 2 year molars before I night wean them. What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2011, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are their molars coming in right now? If not, I wouldn't plan around that. They're actually the 2-3yr molars, because they can come in anytime in the next year. All of my kids started getting them around 2 1/2 - 3.

I was going through the same thing last fall with my twins, and I posted this thread about it: Nightweaning and cosleeping, please help! Reading through it might help you, I wrote in there what I ended up doing. The difference is that I have a partner who was able to help me a few times, but it would be doable on your own, especially if you don't have older children.

Good luck, and hang in there! It's really tough to have your sleep disturbed for so long. greensad.gif
Old 05-22-2011, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I would night wean now unless you are okay with waiting a long time for the 2 year molars.  My three year old still is waiting for 3 of the 4 of them and none are in sight.  Nightweaning majorly changed DS's sleep habits for the better and I wish we had done it sooner.  It made for a much happier mama during the day which led to a much happier boy too.  Good luck. 

User Tag List