Babies' movement during pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-17-2011, 05:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How common is it to never feel oneof the babies move? I've hardly ever felt Baby B (the boy) move. I only feel movement in one spot with the girl, not all over like I thought I would. I'll be 22 weeks on Sunday. Will this change? I don't really know what positions they are in, but at the last U/S, Girl was head down & on my right side, Boy was head up towards the back. Their heart rates were fine, and we saw them moving on the U/S, but I just couldn't feel it.

Make me really paranoid. I don't have an appointment for another couple weeks.

#2 of 7 Old 06-17-2011, 04:06 PM

Just wanted to let you know that I could hardly feel either baby until closer to 24-25 weeks because of the placentas.  Your placenta(s) may be cushioning a lot of the movement so you don't feel one or both babies much.  Also now that I am 26 weeks I feel one more than the other and often get nervous but I think that it is normal.

Wife to my loving husband, James.  Mother to a beautiful daughter, Jules (8/6/08).  Expecting twin girls September 19th, Jade and Jemma.

#3 of 7 Old 06-19-2011, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you. I don't remember where the Dr. said the placentas were located, so I'm thinking that might have something to do with it.

#4 of 7 Old 06-20-2011, 11:14 AM

I felt baby A move a bunch, but Baby B used to worry me.  I felt like s/he didn't move enough.  It was briefly mentioned that the placenta was at the front so I might not feel s/he move as much but I still used to worry.  Now that they're 1 year old (A is a boy, B a girl) I think it was also partly personality.  Ds is a real mover and explorer.  Dd likes to sit and observe.  However, I really do believe that if you have a bad feeling about something you should get it checked out.  Does that cost extra in USA?  I think I would be really nervous if I was worried about movement and money.  I used to poke Dd to get her to move too lol.  And often Ds's kicking would get her going.  Same thing now!  They're actually fighting over the phone at the minute.

slingtwin.gifMontessori teacher working part time and trying to keep up with the kiddos. blowkiss.gif DD1 (June 08)ROTFLMAO.gif DS1 (June 10)love.gif DD2 (June 10)

#5 of 7 Old 06-22-2011, 04:03 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Katie! I don't know how worried I should be, or if I'm just being paranoid. Everything's been fine with Baby B so far, I just don't feel him move very much. I think Baby A (girl) has changed positions or turned, I don't know for sure, her movements have changed where I feel them. I have an appt. in a week. I wish I didn't have to wait so long in between appointments greensad.gif .

#6 of 7 Old 06-25-2011, 10:35 AM

baby b moved a ton and i always knew what he was up too, for that matter he was the one that worried me once when he stopped moving (turns out he had just finally got comfy!)

baby a had such a good spot and was stretched out so nice she hardly ever moved at all, but on U/s you could see her waving and such so we knew that was just her normal.

btw now on the outside she hasn't stopped squirming since birth, he is now totally laid back and could sit still for hours!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#7 of 7 Old 06-26-2011, 12:17 AM

I'm only 8w but I'm feeling some bubbling in there. I thought maybe it was gas but I can push on it and feel a definite reaction. Nothing like a baby kicking or even a reflex but more like having a balloon filled with water and moving it around gently. I don't have a good idea of where our twins are positioned but I know one is anterior and one is posterior. Obviously they're not identical - neither are G & S but they look like it at first glance.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page