Not Walking - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-18-2011, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have 14 month old b/g twins they were born 39 weeks 6lb7oz each both been very healthy, they are still not walking, they will walk around the couch holding on they will push things and walk and they will walk wobbly holding your hand but they are not quite ready to let go and take their first steps. They crawl very very fast and can get up and down without any assitance and can stand up on their own without any help, will they be walking soon?!? I thought 14 months was when they were suppose too or is it okay for it to be later for twins?!?

Thanks for your advice!!

Jessica.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2011, 10:51 AM

DD1 didn't walk untill 14 months and I still hear from my mother that I didn't walk until I was 17 months.  So I think it's pretty normal to have a range when children start walking.  I'm convinced it has to do with personality.  I am a bit shy and don't like to make mistakes, so I imagine I wanted to wait to walk until I was darn ready.  DD1 has some of the same traits, although she seems to be a bit more extroverted.  She cruised for months and then one day started walking.  She hardly fell down at all and within a week or two was going full tilt.  My opinion is don't worry.

Also my twins are 13 months old (born at 37 weeks) and my son cruises, but doesn't seem likely to walk soon and my daughter, who has been struggling with weight gain since birth, crawls and pulls herself up, but doesn't cruise.  I don't see her walking for a few more months. 

slingtwin.gifMontessori teacher working part time and trying to keep up with the kiddos. blowkiss.gif DD1 (June 08)ROTFLMAO.gif DS1 (June 10)love.gif DD2 (June 10)

Old 07-18-2011, 10:18 PM

My twin girls (born 37 weeks) were very different in their walking. The more cautious one took her first step alone around 12 months and was really walking around 14 months (the same as my older daughter). The more crazy and thrill seeking twin however didn't take her first step until 18 months! And then it was like she was in some kind of high gravity arena, she made these tiny steps with a grimace of effort on her face as though her feet were glued to the floor. Her dad was a late walker too apparently.

As yours are cruising about and walking with help I wouldn't worry about it. They will get there soon enough!

User Tag List