we made it six months! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-19-2011, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

just checking in to say that we've managed to survive and thrive the last six months since our little girls joined our family, earthside.

rowan and lennox have been a non stop, although sometimes chaotic joy to our family.

they are super cute and totally different in personalities! 

rowan is very spirited and outgoing. easy to smile, also easy to scream her ever loving face off. we call her hot cheeto, after her red hair...that is now starting to look less red...i sure hope it at least stays a little...ive wanted a red head baby forever!

lennox is soooo mellow. she will play and roll around forever and coo in her little scratchy, owly way...so mellow that sometimes i completely forget she's down there...bad mama.

they are still nursing, cloth diapered, and worn (as much as i can, i havent worn two at once yet)...

DSC_0320.JPG

becky.
mama to m (3/96), o (8/07), p (5/09) and our twins: r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 08-20-2011, 03:45 AM
ljc

Congratulations!  Quite an accomplishment.  They are beautiful.

#3 of 7 Old 08-22-2011, 11:38 AM

wonderful!!!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#4 of 7 Old 09-13-2011, 12:23 PM

My girls are officially 6mo now, too!  They were weighed at WIC last Thursday and are weighing 18,11 and 18,8.5!  They've been exclusively breastfed, so I've grown 37 pounds of babies all on my own.  Seems like such an accomplishment.  Dh tried giving a little rice cereal on Sunday.  We're not big spoon feeders, but wanted to see how they'd take it.  Lucy seemed to like the experience, but didn't swallow anything and Lily pretty much knew what to do but hated it. LOL  I don't have the energy to add spoon feeding to my day, so we'll have to wait until Daddy is home on the weekends if he wants to try again.  DH is back in school so we don't see him from Sunday night until Friday afternoon.  I have made a rule this year that the TV is absolutely off for the night at 6:30, and that has really helped keep our evening schedule moving right.  I've been able to get the girls down into their cosleeper between 8 and 9:30 most nights.  Lily has had a few nights in the past week where she has slept through until 4-4:30 am.  Lucy makes up for it.  Gotta love twins. :D

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#5 of 7 Old 09-14-2011, 04:53 PM

We're 6 months as of yesterday as well. Like Dodson, I'm still nursing but not exclusively. We've been serving the girls solids for a few months now. Never any baby food, all people food pureed. They really enjoy seasoned foods with meats and sauces, finely chopped. 

Sleeping is just so-so. They follow a very strict nap/bedtime schedule that drives me mad. But they're thriving so it's an even trade. 

Our well baby check up was last week and I've got an 18 pounder and a 17 pounder. One twin is definitely more active than the other, she is in constant motion in her walker and is really trying to crawl. She gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth. She's also a bully, grabbing everything within her reach, including anything her sister is holding. 

I enrolled them in a baby survival swim class that teaches them how to survive if they were to ever fall into the pool. This was their 3rd week and I'm really impressed that they can turn on their backs instinctively now. It's amazing how fast they learn. 

That's my update! It's nice to hear other March babies are doing well and growing like weeds. Take care~

#6 of 7 Old 09-14-2011, 05:42 PM

I've got one who takes a pacifier and the other will climb on top of her and snatch the paci away from her.  It is so funny.  My paci baby is so relaxed and doesn't even seem to care.  I was at oldest DS's football game and set the babies down in the grass at my feet while I dealt with something with my older daughter.  Pretty soon the whole crowd behind me and next to me were laughing, and I looked down and Lucy had snatched Lily's paci again.  

That is really interesting that they can learn to flip themselves over in the water so early!  I'd heard of water survival classes, but never considered it for infants.  I live in a really crummy area where we don't have a pool or anything like that available.  I wish we did.  I'd have to drive 35-45 min away to the Y and I don't know if they have water survival or just infant/parent water play classes. 

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#7 of 7 Old 09-15-2011, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

haha wow to your big babies! my little girls are only 13/14 lbs right now! both have started to crawl and pull up...wow. so quickly! its really cute to see such little peanuts getting around.

becky.
mama to m (3/96), o (8/07), p (5/09) and our twins: r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page