I just want to make sure I am not going to get a twin surprise in a few weeks, and also wondered if anyone had this experience. DH and I DTD Aug 8th, but were not planning this little one (on BCP). Anyway, surprise! 7days later BFP. High hcg at appx 11dpo, level was 4x that 2.5 days later and 3.5x that again less than 48 hrs later. That, combined with some other weirdness, made them advise a sono (they thought dates were off, although I was positive of the conception date. I ended up with a 4week 2 day sono that showed nothing at all. No sac, notta. Repeat sono today (6weeks 3 days by my dates) The tech did an external sono and said Oh! I see two...but could not get heart beats. She did internal sono, saw what she "thought was 2 sacs, but only could easily find 1 heart beat". She seemed stumped at the other blob there. She assured me if there had been 2, one was not viable, but then she talked to the Dr and they want a repeat sono again in 4 weeks. If they are sure, why 6 million sonos? Anyone have this case and end up having definite 2 on a followup sono?
You're not going to like my reply but YES! It is possible. My 5 wk u/s saw one sac. TVU/s. My next u/s saw one sac with developing fetal poles and what looked to be another fetal pole but the u/s tech said it was just a yolk. But they did find a 2nd sac very well defined with a hint of a heartbeat. (this is Baby A, always measures about 3-4 days ahead of the other pregnancy). Fraternal twins as a result of two separate egg fertilizations. I was huge too! And my levels were off the chart.
I started growing really big and my OB felt like one of the sacs had too much fluid so I was referred to a Peri and they found a 3rd baby. Mo/Di and a Frat. So here I am, 18w6d and carrying spontaneous trips. All healthy. Measuring right on target for singletons. Two boys and a girl.
Good luck and congratulations!
Holy crap. And congrats. :) I wish I could explain my gut instinct here. I never had any intuition with the first 3. Boring, uneventful, never really sick or miserable, healthy, blessed pregnancies. This time, despite being on BCP, I got the urge to take a hpt 7 days after DTD and BAM, bfp. Within a week gut knew something was different. Then hcg levels were multiplying at speed of light. I just feel so different. And when she found the second blob I was totally not stunned. I guess now I wait 4 weeks. Now I am hoping there is not 3, lol!
The tech said 2 sacs. In my goggle research and looking at my sono, it appears to be one gestational sac and 2 yolk sacs. If indeeed there end up being 2...does this make them mono (which is identical, correct?)....really hope I am google-educating for nothing. :)
I'm carrying Mo/Di in that they share the same sac but have a membrane separating them and have their own placentas. Still high risk but not nearly as high as Mo/Mo. I would say wait a little while to see if that 2nd yolk hangs on but my trips weren't discovered until 13 weeks. You have to also remember that some u/s machines aren't as high tech as the others and therefore the resolutions may vary. My Peri performs each of my u/s. She doesn't want to leave anything to chance.
Good luck, get some rest. You're going to need it! :)
DeChRi: It is best to be prepared for anything. The "empty sac" I saw on my 6 week ultrasound is now a strapping 4 -year old. And, we nearly missed him on the 11-week ultrasound, too, because he was hiding behind his brother and sister.
mother of Patrick (7/31/03), and Michael, William, and Jocelyn (4/27/07)
Thanks, hergrace. I am stuck between "ok, the tech seemed sure there was one viable, get a grip and get off google". AND...."I have had 3 identically easy pregnancies....this one I knew from 8dpo that it was different, told DH at 10dpo it had to be twins, followed by insane hcg doubling times, and then the 2 sac sono......". I just don't know how to wait 3-4 weeks for next sono
However, I would certainly not wait 4 more weeks to find out! Talk about torture, not knowing if you're miscarrying one or having twins for 4 entire weeks. Not ok. I'd call them and push for an internal u/s next week instead. By 7 weeks there should be no problem seeing a heartbeat if it is viable, and with an internal one it is going to be far more accurate. Time to take charge of your medical care, I think! Good luck!
|51 members and 17,557 guests|
|AllTomorrowsParties , BirthFree , bluejanuary , Clem , cryswilkins , DahliaRW , Deborah , DeepLearner , emmy526 , hillymum , Janeen0225 , japonica , JElaineB , Jess2boys , Jessica Kendrick , joandsarah77 , kathymuggle , lalalovely , lillicampbell , lilmissgiggles , LionessMom , lisak1234 , Liss86 , mama24-7 , MeanVeggie , Michele123 , minkleaf , Mirzam , moominmamma , NaturallyKait , newmamalizzy , perspective , plantbasedemma , rubelin , SandiMae , shantimama , Socks , Springshowers , sren , stephalittle , stephaniepifer , StillMe , transylvania_mom , VsAngela , Wild Lupine , Xerxella , zebra15|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 01:21 PM.|