Help! Daddy has to take over naps for BFing twins. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-10-2011, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm headed back to full-time work on Monday, which leaves my husband alone with our BFing twins. The boys are 21 months old and nurse to sleep/drowsiness at nap and bedtime. How have you made the transition from mama nursing twin babies down for naps to having someone else put them down for naps?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 09-25-2011, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone?

#3 of 3 Old 09-25-2011, 09:32 PM

When we had twin babes Daddy often settled them for bed because it was so important to our sanity.  Even though I had the boobs, I would pass them off to him and he would find other ways to settle.  By that age he was the primary person handling naps even though I was usually physically available; he read to them and held them and often fell asleep himself LOL but we generally did our nursing time seperately. 

At 21 months I would think just ease quickly into having him take over with a new routine if you haven't included him in the routine before now. What else can you do if you have made the work commitment?  You need matching commitments for the parenting tasks and I think it is just too late to really ease into it gradually.

They will likely be miserable but Daddies can be wonderfully comforting.  It's okay if they cry for you as they will be safe with him and he can hold them and comfort them and do his best.  A near 2yo can handle this pretty well IME.

ME&treehugger.gifHE... loving our: wild.gifdd(18) ~~violin.gifds(13) read.gifdd(13)~~ peace.gifdd(10)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page