EZ2 Nurse pillow? Other must-have gadgets to stock up on before the hurricanes hit? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-22-2011, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all!

I'm expecting triplets sometime in November/December if all goes as hoped. I've been slowly working my way through years of posts here at the multiples forum to glean all the good advice I can from you MoMs.

I've noticed that the EZ2Nurse pillow has been mentioned several times, and I'd like to get my hands on one. Problem is that I'm living in Sweden, and there is nowhere here from where I can order one. The US suppliers don't seem to ship abroad.

If you are finished with yours, would you be willing to sell it and ship it to me? I would be happy to pay handsomely for it :). I know it's probably more work than it's worth to you (trip to the post office with twins or more...), but it would be a HUGE act of kindness to a fellow multiple mama on the other side of the world. 

blowkiss.gif

I'm stocking up on things like I never did before dd was born. We've got cribs (though I imagine they'll sleep together/and/or/with us for the first months), hammocks, a battery-powered swing, preemie clothes, cloth AIO diapers, two changing stations, a twin wagon (urban jungle), baby carriers, slings, swaddling (miracle blankets), car seats, a white-noise maker, bottles (planning on breastfeeding, but want to be able to pump as well), etc.

What am I missing? What made life easier for you in the first months? 

Thank you!

(35) Teacher, mother to DD '08 + triplets (identical boys and a girl) born at 36 weeks gestation in ´11.  Passions: gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, wild food gathering, reading, kayaking and more.

#2 of 8 Old 09-23-2011, 07:21 AM

If you can, I'd exchange the battery op swing for a plug-in swing or two.  You will eat batteries like candy!  We went through a ton with a single baby, and when we were expecting our twins I decided we needed to upgrade.  They are a life saver for me.  http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Rainforest-Open-Top-Cradle-Swing/dp/B000I2WAY4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1316787525&sr=8-4  This is the model that we have.  It was the best priced plug-in model I could find.  You may need an adapter for Sweden, though, but you probably know more about that than I do.

I also have an EZ2nurse pillow.  I don't use it much now, so I guess I could give it up.  PM me and we'll talk.

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#3 of 8 Old 09-23-2011, 07:42 AM

I personally would have a swing for each baby, I had two very compact "travel swings" and they worked wonders and we used then a ton for a full 6 months. It really helped with nap times. I can go look up the brand I bought, I was really impressed how strong it was, specially since that is what folks said was bad about the travel sized ones. It did use batteries but we got a pack of rechargeable and were very happy, I think the little ones don't burn thru them as fast as the full size ones do.

I would get my hands on a good hospital grade breast pump or another one that you know works well for you and make sure you have the right size flares for it, I had to change size a few months in, if is not your first kid your nipples are probably already enlarged so not an issue for you.

I cribg you can sidecar or an Arms Reach cosleeper was a lifesaver, it is great to have them right next to you but on another surface and not rolling into you as you feed the other one(s)!
I'm sure I'll think of more and post it, my twins need me now...

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#4 of 8 Old 09-23-2011, 07:44 AM

Does amazon.com ship to You? That would be really useful

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#5 of 8 Old 09-23-2011, 12:36 PM

plug in operated is ideal, but rechargable bats also work

I would gladly give you my Ez2nurse (just pay 4 shipping) if I was done with it. 

I can totallty understand your preparations.  I hope it all goes well 4 u.

#6 of 8 Old 09-24-2011, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you Adorkable - the suggestions of a quality breast pump and an "arm's reach" bed are golden. My manual breast pump didn't work so well last time, so I'm going to rent an electric one from the hospital where I'm having the babies. As far as the bed goes, last time I had planned on bed sharing with my dd, but I couldn't sleep with all that grunting and snuffling going on. My husband ended up bed sharing with her (she slept best when cuddled), I slept in the guest room, and he brought her in for feedings when she was hungry. That was for the first month until he had to go back to work (Swedish paternity leave is quite generous). Then we did an "arm's reach" type thing with our crib attached to the bed.

This time, we're just stocking up in preparation for any sort of sleep constellation that will work: three separate cribs; or two/all three in one crib with this product: http://www.babyhugs.com.au/lullabub.htm; or one or two in a hammock (http://www.mawok.se/); or one/two bedsharing with dad, and me with the other in the guest room; all three in our bedroom; etc. etc. etc. 

We'll just have to see who they are and what they want...

Thank you Queen for your being sweet about the ez2nurse pillow :) 

Mylilmonkeys, I PMed you.

(35) Teacher, mother to DD '08 + triplets (identical boys and a girl) born at 36 weeks gestation in ´11.  Passions: gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, wild food gathering, reading, kayaking and more.

#7 of 8 Old 09-24-2011, 12:25 PM

Hi,

I have a my brest friend pillow for twins....it was pretty great but because my girl was much smaller than her brother I had to nurse them separately and the pillow is hardly used.  It's still in it's plastic cover and the removable cover has no stains etc.  Interested?  I live in Canada and would be willing to ship it to you for just the cost of shipping.  Heck, it's just sitting in my spare room.  Let me know

Katie

Looks just like this, same colour etc

831brestfriend%20twins%20plus.jpg 

slingtwin.gifMontessori teacher working part time and trying to keep up with the kiddos. blowkiss.gif DD1 (June 08)ROTFLMAO.gif DS1 (June 10)love.gif DD2 (June 10)

#8 of 8 Old 09-25-2011, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter

Katie, that is so generous of you! I've PMed you.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page