any news on smurfette? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 11-28-2011, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

ive been thinking about you/her and wonder how your/her little trips are doing...

any updates?

becky.
mama to m (3/96), o (8/07), p (5/09) and our twins: r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) 

#2 of 24 Old 11-29-2011, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I came here just to check up on her too.  Hope they are all doing well.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#3 of 24 Old 12-05-2011, 01:53 PM

Also thinking of her/them, and hoping all is well...

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

#4 of 24 Old 12-06-2011, 02:27 AM

here too grouphug.gif

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

#5 of 24 Old 01-05-2012, 08:46 AM

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1336957/30-weeks-sick-of-being-pregnant/0_100#post_16805830

Wondering if she's for real; who would take such young babies PLUS 2 other babies all under a year old to DISNEYWORLD?? Really?? WTF ever eyesroll.gif .
swede likes this.

#6 of 24 Old 01-05-2012, 09:05 AM

Forum Crashing
To be fair, she said she took them to Disneyland, not Disneyworld. My aunt lives in Anaheim and goes to Disneyland on the weekends all the time just to people watch and get out and walk around (she's 70). She says that if you go more than twice a year its worth it just to go ahead and get a year round pass. Maybe she was just going walking, but it still seems hard just to get out with babes that little. Although, if you live there, its not a "trip to Disneyworld" like some of us would think, its just the local theme park. If I was going to walk somewhere with 5 babes, a no-car environment with food surrounding me and tons of benches and places to sit would be ideal. Especially if I was hoping tons of people would stop me and be happy and excited that I had so many little babies.

Personally, I cant imagine leaving the house with that many kids under two, much less one. Or nursing all of them, especially EBFing triplets. I cant imagine taking babies who spent time in the NICU to a public place. But, if you can do it...awesome.

ETA: my forum crashing apology.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#7 of 24 Old 01-05-2012, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

yah, i dunno...disneyland is CRAZY PACKED this time of year...well until new year's anyway. i'd love to hear more about the triplets and twins and what strollers you took and how many times you had to pump/nurse while there...i mean. three newborns, ebf'd? that's a ginormous feat.

becky.

#8 of 24 Old 01-05-2012, 09:26 AM

I didnt even think about the crowds. Yeah, that would be hard.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#9 of 24 Old 01-05-2012, 10:14 AM

Sorry my mistake, I always get them mixed up.

Is anyone else having a hard time believing her story?
swede likes this.

#10 of 24 Old 01-05-2012, 08:46 PM

personally i have thought something smelled a bit off with all her stories from day one, time will tell. if it is true i think it is thoughtless to bring 3 premies to a huge public place with a huge germ loaded crowds and kids that would be very hard to keep all your cute babies away from. it may be southern CA but it is still cold and flu season, not to mention RSV

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#11 of 24 Old 01-06-2012, 04:22 AM

Adorkable - I thought the same thing, very suspicious. The only way I'd believe it is if I saw pictures, but even then those can get photoshopped & stolen from anywhere online. So, I find it very unbelievable.

#12 of 24 Old 01-06-2012, 12:42 PM

I have to admit to some suspicion as well.  I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt, and wait and see.  You'd think that someone birthing twins and triplets in less than a year might make the news.  Nothing in California, as far as I can tell, but I did find a family in Britain that did:

http://www.growingyourbaby.com/2006/12/28/british-women-has-twins-and-triplets-in-one-year/

I can't even imagine.  We're still getting used to the unique demands of twins ourselves.  My girls caught their first colds last month, and now have been with fevers (and no other symptoms) for over a week.  No sleep happening here.  

swede likes this.

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#13 of 24 Old 01-06-2012, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

well i, too, think things have always sounded a bit off...and admit to googling for info about any births...owell. i dont know why someone would go to such trouble to make this stuff up...lol. but the odds of spontaneous trips happening within a year of spontaneous twins are slim to none, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilmonkeys View Post

I have to admit to some suspicion as well.  I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt, and wait and see.  You'd think that someone birthing twins and triplets in less than a year might make the news.  Nothing in California, as far as I can tell, but I did find a family in Britain that did:

http://www.growingyourbaby.com/2006/12/28/british-women-has-twins-and-triplets-in-one-year/

I can't even imagine.  We're still getting used to the unique demands of twins ourselves.  My girls caught their first colds last month, and now have been with fevers (and no other symptoms) for over a week.  No sleep happening here.  

becky.

#14 of 24 Old 01-07-2012, 11:21 AM

I'd love to know what their neonatologist's instructions to them were. Because of health risks and also RSV season, we were strongly encouraged not to take our twins in public until after their due date.

I would also love to know how she was able to EBF 32 weekers when they were only 3 weeks old. That just blows my mind. My 34 weekers couldn't EBF until AFTER their due date. Most 32 weekers would not even be home by the 35 week mark, much less be physically able to EBF. Hopefully she'll come back and explain some of these medical miracles to us.
#15 of 24 Old 01-07-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydodson View Post

well i, too, think things have always sounded a bit off...and admit to googling for info about any births...owell. i dont know why someone would go to such trouble to make this stuff up...lol. but the odds of spontaneous trips happening within a year of spontaneous twins are slim to none, right?

[Forum crashing] I've thought her story sounded a little fishy, too. Mostly because, as the pp said, spontaneous twins then spontaneous triplets are kinda super rare, aren't they? Also, this particular story pinged my radar a bit because I know of a gal who was banned from another mommy forum not too long ago for lying about a very similar thing-- having twins, then having triplets when the twins were still infants. I feel awful if she's for real. But since it's been put out there- yeah, I'll comment. It sucks that some people who lie like that kinda ruin things for everyone else.

caffix.gif
#16 of 24 Old 01-07-2012, 09:31 PM

lets be careful to not convict her of anything, we really dont know. i do suspect and dont regret posting as such, but it is just a guess albeit a reasonable one

edited for spelling

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#17 of 24 Old 01-08-2012, 05:16 AM

Well, I hope she comes back & sets the story straight.

#18 of 24 Old 01-08-2012, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I;d love to hear from her too.

#19 of 24 Old 01-08-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Adorkable~ View Post

lets be careful to not convict her of anything, we really dont know. i do suspect and dont regret posting as such, but it is just a guess albeit a reasonable one
I'm not convicting her of anything, personally. But I find the facts she has posted very, very unusual. Including an 11 day NICU stay for 32 week preemies and driving to work while on bedrest. These are things that don't make any sense, logically or medically. I'd sure love to see what she has to say about these things, because I've never come across a real story like this.

Unfortunately, there are many people out there (especially on multiples sites) who fake pregnancies. It can be really upsetting to read stories about preemies coming home after 11 days and EBFing so soon when you are a REAL mother of twins or triplets who is going through that. It would be awful for someone to read that and get false hope. Therefore, if it is true then she needs to come back and explain herself so we know. If she's not, then that also needs to be known.

Having preemie twins and then getting them to EBF was one of the most difficult times in my life and, for me, fairly traumatizing. Fake stories floating around here can be very damaging to a mother going through such a hard time in her life who is looking for support and information and positive stories. I don't think it's just about Smurfette; in a situation like this it could end up helping or hurting someone else, so figuring out if the story is true or false actually is important. If she is a real MOM, she will be able to understand that and try to explain the situation so we can continue to give her support here. If she doesn't come back, then I think we will know the truth.
D_McG, kjoy2, swede and 1 others like this.
#20 of 24 Old 01-08-2012, 05:59 PM

well said. as a MOM of 36weekers that took a full 6 months to get 100% on the breast, i reallllllly know where you are coming from! i am actually assuming that her use of the term EBF is that they are drinking nothing but breast milk. from listening to her schedule and habits when her twins were first born, i do not see any reason to think she is nursing them all from her breast all the time.  i often used the language that would lead folks to think that i breastfed my twins from day one, when in fact i used bottles. it was important to me that they just got my breast milk and that is what i was talking about the transport device was secondary to me. there did not seem to be a easy acronym for pumped milk babies.

#21 of 24 Old 01-10-2012, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

also thinking of women who struggle with infertility reading a case of someone who says she has PCOS conceiving 5 children in such a short time when most of the women i know with PCOS struggle for months and sometimes years to conceive just one...that can also be hurtful. 

Spring Lily and swede like this.

becky.

#22 of 24 Old 01-10-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydodson View Post

also thinking of women who struggle with infertility reading a case of someone who says she has PCOS conceiving 5 children in such a short time when most of the women i know with PCOS struggle for months and sometimes years to conceive just one...that can also be hurtful. 

Thank you, that's the other thing I was going to mention in my post and forgot. You're totally right, and people going through infertility are in enough pain. They don't need false hope, either.
swede and DoubleDouble like this.
#23 of 24 Old 01-11-2012, 08:13 AM

hugs to you all and anyone else who has read and felt mecry.gif

my two were 32 weekers and some of the comments also smacked me of ?? but i guess we all like to think the best and thank goodness for the genuine support on this board, even if there are a few loonies from time to time, because it made all the difference to me to be here when i was going through my pregnancy and first year grouphug.gif

MOMS rock love.giflove.gif love.gif

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

#24 of 24 Old 01-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)

Hi ladies.  We really do not wish to host speculation on other member's whereabouts, validity or anything else.  I am going to close this now, and will remove it in 24 hours once everyone has seen my notice.

If you really wish to know where she is, I would suggest trying to contact her directly.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Closed Thread

Tags
Parenting Multiples

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page