#'s 4 and 5 are almost a year and im starting to get baby fever - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-30-2012, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

twin mommas to many, did you have more babies after your twins? how old were they? was it a smart decision, lol? (i know probably no one that would say, yah i shouldn't have had that child who i love so deeply, lol...but hypothetically?)

im turning 36 in october and hubs has put a moratorium on the baby talk until they turn 2...which seems like SO LONG FROM NOW. if i get through the next two months un-pregnant, it will be the longest stint in over 5 years...

maybe im just stuck in baby mode? perhaps if i wait a bit longer, i'll stop wanting more?

becky.
mama to m (3/96), o (8/07), p (5/09) and our twins: r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) 

#2 of 8 Old 01-30-2012, 07:53 PM

I thought I was the only crazy one :) we never prevented after our girls and are hoping for more. We have infertility complications so waiting around to feel "ready" wasn't a real option for us. We have been trying for a couple months now.

I'm a few years younger but the infertility puts us on more equal ground, I personally believe the more the merrier, my babies are the best gift I ever received.

Wife to DH  dh_malesling.GIF Momma to twin girls slingtwin.gif cloth diapering, no vaxing, family bed, organic living, eating and wearing family! treehugger.gif

#3 of 8 Old 01-31-2012, 10:40 AM

I never say never, cause, well...we're really bad at NFP*.  But thankfully, no fertility signs at all yet.  Our twins still don't sleep well, and we're completely exhausted.  My closest span between kids is 21 mo.  In fact, our three middle boys are each less than 2 years apart from the other.  It's a great age span.  They are best friends (probably helps that they are same gender.)  Our twins will be 11 months in a couple days.  No, definitely not ready yet.  But maybe in another year. ;)

*BTW, I think being genetically predisposed to twins might have something to do with the difficulty we have in charting.  We just tend to have extensive abstinence due to really lengthy fertile periods with indications of multiple ovulations.

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#4 of 8 Old 01-31-2012, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilmonkeys View Post

I never say never, cause, well...we're really bad at NFP*.  But thankfully, no fertility signs at all yet.  Our twins still don't sleep well, and we're completely exhausted.  My closest span between kids is 21 mo.  In fact, our three middle boys are each less than 2 years apart from the other.  It's a great age span.  They are best friends (probably helps that they are same gender.)  Our twins will be 11 months in a couple days.  No, definitely not ready yet.  But maybe in another year. ;)

*BTW, I think being genetically predisposed to twins might have something to do with the difficulty we have in charting.  We just tend to have extensive abstinence due to really lengthy fertile periods with indications of multiple ovulations.

that is interesting. i renewed my VIP membership at fertility friend. it was nice to see the chart from when i became pregnant with our twins...its like...TURBO O, lol. i'd never seen anything like it in previous charts tho...so not sure if im a chronic hyper ovulator. hehe.

we are pretty stacked in the baby realm over here ourselves...4 4 and under and a girl about to be 16. :) doesn't really change my mind, but hubs sure is going to be a tough one to get on board...he's quick on the withdraw, if you know what i mean. )

becky.
mama to m (3/96), o (8/07), p (5/09) and our twins: r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) 

#5 of 8 Old 02-01-2012, 07:24 PM

our twins are 13 months and my cycle just came back (nothing like moving them to another room to bring that back huh?) and in the last year i have gone from being edited that we had twins and i could be done since it was hard to get preggo and we are 37 and 41 now. we were talking about who was going to get snipped and all that. then around 6-8 months in i started feeling like i was not done and we started talking about more and timing and such. we had swung totally back to having more for sure and were just kinda wanting for my PPAF and thinking 2 years was good spacing so they could all play. when i got my first PPAF i was thrilled since i was worried that my breast-feeding might hold it off for a lot longer. i started getting really thrilled to get preggo right away. now in the last few weeks they have been sleeping really bad and are about to walk and I'm really tired and maybe its just a bump in the road, but I'm starting to think that i should quit while I'm ahead and count my blessing that i got two amazing healthy happy and for the most part very easy kids. and that i will do them the most service by just having two and getting to focus my time, energy and funds on their lives.  i was wanting to give them more siblings, something my gut says will be great for them for a whole lifetime. but now I'm so on the fence it is driving me crazy.  i keep chatting with dh about it and he is very non committal, she agrees with both sides and seems to do the same thing as the first time around, just not decide anything and always just talk theoretically about it all.

so yeah sorry for rambling on your thread, I've had that needing to spill out for a while. so yeah i probably know how you feel

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#6 of 8 Old 02-02-2012, 02:46 AM

We always wanted more than two. DH wants six, I was happy with however many we got. :-) We do have some fertility issues, but nothing serious. I also hyper ovulate and our second pregnancy also started as twins (we lost one between 8 and 12 weeks). I got pregnant whent he boys were about 18 months old and Little Princess was born when they were 27 months. For us it was really good spacing. Because we have the twins and singleton, I told DH that we needed another child who wasn't a twin (DH is also a twin) so there are some more singleton children. I am almost 40 and got pregnant again when Little Princess was about 21 months, so the spacing is a little off this time. I told DH the only way that he was getting six was if this one was triplets lol! It's another singleton - the boys will be 4.5, girl will be 2.5 and I am sure now that I would like another one. I never thought that I would feel this way because as I get older each pregnancy is getting physically harder and I always thought that I would never be 40 and pregnant, now I'm not so sure. Someone once told me that the greatest gift you can give your children is siblings. It takes me about 18 months to get fertility back, so I have time to think about it. So no, you are not crazy for wanting more IMHO.

: wife to James, MoM to R babyboy.gif and D babyboy.gif  (Aug 2007) and E babygirl.gif (Nov 2009) and Y babyboy.gif (April 2012)

#7 of 8 Old 02-02-2012, 08:55 AM

Is it weird that I envy all you hyper ovulators? My girls are identical...we joke around that I loved the egg SO much that it split into two babies :)

Wife to DH  dh_malesling.GIF Momma to twin girls slingtwin.gif cloth diapering, no vaxing, family bed, organic living, eating and wearing family! treehugger.gif

#8 of 8 Old 02-14-2012, 10:17 AM

I can honestly say we were DONE after the twins (they were a surprise pg, and then ended up being twins to boot giving us 4 and 5).  I had and have no regrets about having a tubal ligation done. None at all.  

That being said - after my 3rd, although hubby was 'done' I always felt something was missing - when I counted out 5 plates for supper it felt like I was miscounting and other little odd things like that. I no longer have that feeling ever....

twinpossible... my boys are ID and we joke that there was no way I could handle a babe bigger than 10.5lb - which my 3rd was so the Lord split one into two and gave me 13lb total instead....

Tamika
Mum to 5 wonderful gifts!!

Tags
Parenting Multiples

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page