23 weeks pregnant with twins and I jsut start with dizziness and headache, cant be on my own feet for too long - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 02-09-2012, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just turn 23 weeks today with twins and I jsut start to be really dizzy and even when im driving I have to pull over because my head spin waaay too much... i can't clean up or pick up anything from the floor because I start going round and round....

today I was cleaning my kids room and I start spinning in my head I couldnt even get to the bed and fell... then i was trying to get up and I couldnt because my feet were soo weak.....

Idk if this is normal with twins but i really dont feel ok at all.. the worse is that my husband works until late and I ahve to get my daugther to school and pick her up... idk how to drive when I cant even do it.... today the trip regular is 15 minutes froom my house to the school but today was almost an hour cuz i had to pull over like 4 times.......

#2 of 11 Old 02-09-2012, 02:22 PM

You need to call your doctor on call and tell your husband you need him home quickly. And drink some water while you wait.

Call a friend or parent at the school and see if someone else can pick up. This sounds like you shouldn't be driving, and need medical attention.

This isn't "normal", twins or not. Please be careful.

Twin boys (2/05) and little sister (10/07)
#3 of 11 Old 02-09-2012, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

well I dont have a doctor since my income for them is too high for me to have medicaid and too low for me to pay a private doctor... my husband doesnt have a phone.... i barely know one parent from school since we just move here.... believe it or not I being drinking lots of water.. maybe half galon per day..... dizziness start one day ago..... but everytime when I go to emergency they check my blood pressure and is normal....

#4 of 11 Old 02-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Banned

How many times have you been to the ER since the dizziness started a day ago?  It's not normal to be so dizzy you fall over and it's dangerous for you.  And clearly, you cannot even consider driving.  Call the school, call the one person you know in your new town, but do not get in the car.

These symptoms merit a 911 call. 

#5 of 11 Old 02-09-2012, 03:25 PM

You definitely need medical attention.  Also, I was drinking one gallon of water minimum per day with my twins, otherwise I would have lots of BH and not feel well.  Also, be sure you are eating enough protein and calories.  If your blood sugar is low because you are not eating enough, you can feel symptoms like this.  But you need to figure out a plan for prenatal care!  

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#6 of 11 Old 02-09-2012, 03:50 PM

this could be as simple of a growth spurt suddenly changing your blood volume and pressure, but yes it needs to get looked at ASAP.

you also really need to figure out how to get regular medical care, a twin pregnancy is very hard on your body and the babies, and needs to be followed by someone that will know your history. lets get this dizziness taken care of right away and then lets help you figure out how to get in the ongoing care of a doctor or midwife.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#7 of 11 Old 02-09-2012, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

maybe like 3 times already all they know its that my hemoglobine level is 6.2 but my blood pressure is normal.... 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stik View Post

How many times have you been to the ER since the dizziness started a day ago?  It's not normal to be so dizzy you fall over and it's dangerous for you.  And clearly, you cannot even consider driving.  Call the school, call the one person you know in your new town, but do not get in the car.

These symptoms merit a 911 call. 

#8 of 11 Old 02-10-2012, 10:23 AM

Can you go to another ER? or demand they give you real answer. I am so surprised they would let you leave with those symptoms at 32 wks pregnant. Are there any low cost clinics in your area? Here there are clinics where you pay a portion of the cost based on your income. You really need to have some care. What is your plan for the birth?

Pamstillheart.gif Cliffguitar.gif Malachi 5/08 bouncy.gif   Judah 5/10 jog.gif  Eden 8/12 babygirl.gif Asher 8/12 babyboy.gif

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~CS Lewis

#9 of 11 Old 02-10-2012, 11:49 AM

That is way low on the hemoglobin.  Are you getting enough to eat?  Have you applied for WIC?  The income levels to qualify for WIC are quite a bit higher than other assistance, so there is a good chance you would qualify for that, even if you are a little over limit for other assistance.  WIC will provide milk, eggs, cheese, cereal, produce, bread/rice, beans/peas, and tuna/salmon.

Good foods for helping raise low hemoglobin are meats, especially organ meats, dark green vegies, and eggs.  You should be eating a combo of these foods at every meal, and also be eating 2-3 snacks, which for a twin pregnancy might look more like a small meal than a snack.  You also may find that you need to bring a snack to bed with you for when you wake in the night.  As your twins grow and you find you have less room for food, you may also consider using protein shakes to increase your calories and you can add fruits and/or vegetables into your shakes.  

ETA:  You can also add liquid chlorophyll supplements as a natural iron boost.  You really need to work on your hemoglobin NOW because your blood volume is going to be reaching maximum expansion in a few weeks and it will be dropping even more at that point.  This usually happens right around 28 weeks.  There is a significant risk of preterm labor if your body can't keep up with the blood expansion, and I don't want that to happen to you, especially if you are still figuring out your prenatal care situation.  

#10 of 11 Old 02-13-2012, 10:46 AM

Any updates?  I'm hoping you're feeling better!

#11 of 11 Old 02-24-2012, 08:59 PM

This did happen to me I'd suggest trying a support belt and support hose, and maybe an increase in protein... that helped me w/ a few things during my twin pregnancy so may have helped with this I can't remember... it's kind of a blur LOL!

With me, for whatever reason my blood pressure was perfect, however when i moved quickly or even stood up my pressure dropped drastically. It also happened while I was driving if I resituated myself, it terrified me! I would be standing in line at the grocery store, not moving and all of a sudden I'd get that wow I feel like I'm about to hit the floor feeling. They thought I was dehydrated so kept telling me to drink more water. Then they suggested one of the girls was pressing somewhere she shouldn't be.  It wasn't until about 3 months ago that I mentioned to my PCP that it was STILL happening just not as severe that he tried the bp test. Took it while I was sitting, had me slowly stand and took it again, had me quickly stand and took it again. When I jumped up quickly he told me to sit as soon as he finished the bp because he thought I was going to pass out on him.

Wife (32) to DH (33) Mom to DS 2 and Twin DD's born 8/11

Tags
Parenting Multiples

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page