Nighttime Parenting - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-12-2012, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We get 1 good night for every 3 or so nights. The girls tend to sleep for about 4 hours and then wake OFTEN. Please tell me what works for you! I only ask that you keep in mind we are a family bed and will not change that and I will not let my children "cry it out". Other then those I am open to change

Wife to DH  dh_malesling.GIF Momma to twin girls slingtwin.gif cloth diapering, no vaxing, family bed, organic living, eating and wearing family! treehugger.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2012, 08:52 PM

I don't know if I can really be any help since I'm in a similar place.  My girls sleep for usually 2-3 hours and then wake, and continue to wake at increasingly shorter intervals until I drag myself out of bed.  We also have a family bed and don't let our children cry.  I can't seem to think of a single piece of useful advice for you but I wanted to let you know that you're not alone! 

Married to my love love.gif since 08/12/10, mama to E REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif04/06/01 and twin girls M and Z slingtwin.gif 01/08/11

We are a  slingtwin.gif  familybed2.gif cd.gif   nursex2.gif family!  Expecting #4 and #5 in September - what a surprise!

Old 02-26-2012, 12:29 AM

Old 02-26-2012, 12:31 AM

My 10 month old twins also wake about every 4 hours. We have a family bed and don't cry it out. I read at one point that how they went to sleep would be how they would go back to sleep when they woke during the night. So for example, if they fell asleep without nursing, they could get themselves back to sleep on their own. Not true for mine. In order for one to not wake the other, I nurse whoever wakes. I have a feeling this night nursing helps my milk supply. I've resigned myself to putting them back to sleep instead of letting them cry it out. I did read about weaning in a family bed which eventually leads to 7 straight hours of sleep. Check out Dr. Jay Gordon's website. http://drjaygordon.com/attachment/sleeppattern.html

Tags
Parenting Multiples
User Tag List