How long does it take for the uterus to contract? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-18-2012, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What's the timeline after twins? Any words of wisdom?

#2 of 4 Old 05-18-2012, 10:22 PM

I started feeling more myself after about six months. My uterus isn't back to normal yet, after nearly a year.

#3 of 4 Old 05-19-2012, 11:31 AM

I'm not sure if my uterus is the way it used to be, but I know I was concerned about how huge it was and how my guts felt like they were falling out of my body for a week or more after having the babies. I was feeling pretty spectacular by about week three or four. 

#4 of 4 Old 05-20-2012, 08:25 PM

I think this can vary greatly among women for a variety of reasons.  At my 6 wk checkup mine was back to normal and the dr even comment on how well it was supported and what great shape that general area was in, even after having 8 kids, with the last two being the twins. 

I think one thing that helps a lot is belly binding.  You really do feel like your insides are falling out.  And until I bound my belly I would have to hold it with both hands in order to stand up and move around or I felt really nauseous (sp?) and off-balance.  I think binding also provides gentle stimulation to the uterus to keep it contracting down.  I only did it for the first week or so and then I started feeling a lot better.  There is a lot of info on the net about it and there are a lot of different materials to do it.  I found that a flat fold bed sheet folded the long way to the right width was the best for me. 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page