double stroller with clip in for maxi cosi? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 05-21-2012, 04:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

does anyone know of a double stroller which allows newborn maxi-cosi's to clip into and out of it? which is not a side by side (ideally) and would work from 0-2 or 3 yr of age?

DS1 Dec 2009 fuzmalesling.gif DZ Twins July 2012 babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif

#2 of 12 Old 05-21-2012, 07:12 AM

oooh i'd love to know this, too. i'm hoping that we receive the maxi-cosi seats i put on our registry, even though i know they cost a pretty penny... if not, we'll get them used if possible.

#3 of 12 Old 05-21-2012, 06:29 PM

Well my City Select http://tinyurl.com/6q7dqeq can hold 2 car seats (a lot of strollers can olny hold one car seat at a time!) and has two types of adapters, one they say will work with those seats. I never got the adapters myself liking the bassinets and the occasional use of a double snap and go (though in general hated the snap and go completely). I have heard folks complain about nearly every seat adaptor, save possibly for ones that are made for just a single brand and type, but then those are often very limited in the choice of stroller, you can't win. In the end I found that it was more important to get the stroller that was really going to work for me for the long haul, since the very few months that I was using the buckets did not compair to my other wants and needs.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#4 of 12 Old 05-21-2012, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter

Id love a City Select but still can't justify the price yet (maybe in another month). . . they are also impossible to find used, Ive looked everywhere.. !

#5 of 12 Old 05-22-2012, 06:17 AM

Well I'll say that I guess that the reason there are no used ones is that every city select I run into has an owner that raves about it and would never give it up, frankly I have never heard of someone not loving it except one lady who was a huge runner and traded up to one of baby jogger's more serious running models.
As for the money, I get that, I was blown away that I was about to spend it back then. But I found a pretty good deal on amazon and my DH and I regularly talk about how it was money well spent and that we really didn't realize the comfort and freedom a really good stroller would provide us. My twins are now 17 months and they can go nearly anywhere with us and have since birth in huge part to how adaptable and easy to use our stroller is. (we gave gone camping in it and used it as a bed and this last week they took the subway into New York City and got to see the lights of times square and broadway!) We will be using it for at least another 17 months I'm sure.
When you think of all the things that you spend money on with kids few of them get used nearly daily for 3 years. With twins a stroller is not a luxury, it serves to mobilize everyone and save your sanity, hold your essentials and give you options.

If you do the math even at full price it cost $4.53 a week for 3 years.
My mobility was worth every cent and I do not think it would have been as well served in another design of stroller.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#6 of 12 Old 05-22-2012, 06:54 AM

I've had the single city mini for my almost 2-year-old daughter and it has been such a great stroller. I'm expecting another baby in October and I'm thinking about getting the double one and using a car-seat for the newborn. I prefer them sitting side by side, then they're both at the same height and it's much easier to look around them etc.

ITA with PP who said a good stroller (or baby carrier) is very important for a mom's sanity, being stuck at home or having to convince a tired toddler to stand on the board at the back is no fun at all!

#7 of 12 Old 05-22-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Adorkable~ View Post

If you do the math even at full price it cost $4.53 a week for 3 years.
My mobility was worth every cent and I do not think it would have been as well served in another design of stroller.

breaking it down like this almost has me getting out my credit card- the city select is the one i want, too orngtongue.gif

#8 of 12 Old 05-22-2012, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Adorkable  oh man.. you have me convinced..!!!!!

I found a 2011 model online for 549 or something which includes the second seat so its about 200 less then 'retail' for that one.. I'm seriously considering it..

BUT first,  I do have a few questions for those of you that have them if you don't mind.. I would love to get the answers..

1) can you actually run/jog with it? Or do I need a second stroller for running?

2) how easy is it to fold up/travel with (specifically air travel)

3) can you clip in a newborn maxi-cosi (2 of them) into it? I wasn't able to figure this out online easily or is there a brand of car seat which I can clip/snap in during their first year?

I think I might get one. I have a single running stroller I love but is useless with twins and my oldest refuses to get in it, I have a friend who has offered to buy it which will be a big help in terms of making the new one 'cheaper'

#9 of 12 Old 05-22-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithappened View Post

Adorkable  oh man.. you have me convinced..!!!!!

I found a 2011 model online for 549 or something which includes the second seat so its about 200 less then 'retail' for that one.. I'm seriously considering it..

BUT first,  I do have a few questions for those of you that have them if you don't mind.. I would love to get the answers..

1) can you actually run/jog with it? Or do I need a second stroller for running?

I have power walked a lot and jogged a little with mine, it does a pretty good job of not hitting my feet, that being said Babby jogger makes amazing running strollers and this is not one of them. My friends that have them usually don't like them for general day to day use because they are too big as twin models.
Quote:

2) how easy is it to fold up/travel with (specifically air travel)

I have flown cross country 3 times with it and learned each time. The last time I actually figured out that one of semi hard sided suitcases fits the whole thing inside!!! I have a picture I can show you later, it was pretty amazing. The first time I used it to go to the gate but found gate checking it to be a drag. Now I curb check it and used a double snap and go I bought used for 35$ and sold for the same to the neck lady. This summer we are getting luggage wheels for their full Carseats and will use that to get the airports. As for being on vacation with it, loved it, carried a ton and stable enough to load down with other bags.
Quote:

3) can you clip in a newborn maxi-cosi (2 of them) into it? I wasn't able to figure this out online easily or is there a brand of car seat which I can clip/snap in during their first year?

Yes you can clip two seats in it. They make two types of seat clip in, one fits a Chicco if I rember directly the other is multi brand one and you would really need to go try your seat out, some folks have really not liked it, others think its fine. I did not use one. If I was going to I would have bought the seat that was make to click right in. But yes 2 car seats fit either way.

#10 of 12 Old 05-22-2012, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

At what age were they able to start using the stroller without the bassinets? just wondering if we can get by with the single bassinet stroller my friend is letting us borrow until they fit into the city jogger

#11 of 12 Old 05-23-2012, 08:58 PM

They say 4 months, but really it is probably find sooner, as soon as they start liking to look around mine loved switching. They lay back really nice, just not flat since the feet come up when the back goes down, but you can undo a little strap that forms the knew bend area of the seat and I took out the stiffing board in the seat back and it made the whole thing more sling like and had no problems with it. I see no real reason not to put small healthy babies in the seats as long as they have some head control and no particular breathing issues.

I also got some really nice stroller bunting (like a sleeping bag that the straps can come up thru, and that was amazingly great to finish it all off when they were young ( wore them most of the first year and will still fit their legs next winter when they turn 2)

#12 of 12 Old 05-23-2012, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Ok Adorkable I did it.  bow2.gif

I got the baby jogger city select on sale (20% off) .. so it ended up being about 500 for the whole package online with free shipping..... I never thought Id spend that much on a stroller in my entire life. dizzy.gifand that was 200-250 less then what I found on amazon.. !

Curious for peoples .02 on this: My friend is letting me borrow a single bassinet style stroller for the first 3 months and I am hoping that in combo with the ergo with infant inserts will work until they can fit into the baby jogger at 3-4 months.... she also has a double burley d'lite bike/jogging trailer which I am hoping I can use for running (but really can't use until they are 5-6m+ with solid head control.)

Will that in theory work? Wondering how long I can do the bassinet single and ergo with insert (or both into the bassinet stroller gemini style)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page